DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I was watching Thorson very closely. IMO I saw him settle into a nice groove. Sure,he has a long way to go,but throughout the game I saw him gain much needed confidence.You're going to get some bad rook tosses no question,but he isn't as bad as I thought especially playing with BU's

40 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Also under this article is one about us going back to kelly,or at least a lighter green uni, which I have been for for a long time.Bad choice when we wear the black unis with the dark green helmet.But that is BS for the offseason.

IDK Suds wrist was to his non throwing hand.Would not shock me to see him tossing the ball around in DRILLS only(not 7-7 or whatever).SO he can still be a useful camp arm through his recovery. Wentz can do this too in warm-ups and Thor and Kess can play the actual practice match-ups with contact

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK Suds wrist was to his non throwing hand.Would not shock me to see him tossing the ball around in DRILLS only(not 7-7 or whatever).SO he can still be a useful camp arm through his recovery. Wentz can do this too in warm-ups and Thor and Kess can play the actual practice match-ups with contact

Would all come down to when he was cleared to do those things....Was awhile ago like some years but Charlie Batch has same injury and was back in 2 weeks doing stuff 

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

McCown signed as a camp arm

I doubt he is just a camp arm I believe he would be our best backup even with a healthy Suds

54 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Was not expecting this at all

Really you didn't see this coming our players need a decent QB throwing them the rock to evaluate them. Greg Ward isn't the answer to that. So far our QBS have been poor in preseason and with 2 on the injury list we obviously needed to add a QB to the mix. 

23 hours ago, stine said:

Maybe Wentz plays a quarter which would allow Kessler to finish? Maybe use that dude Ward for a few series lol... Who cares? It is PS!

YES!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I doubt he is just a camp arm I believe he would be our best backup even with a healthy Suds

Really you didn't see this coming our players need a decent QB throwing them the rock to evaluate them. Greg Ward isn't the answer to that. So far our QBS have been poor in preseason and with 2 on the injury list we obviously needed to add a QB to the mix. 

No I fully seen a QB getting signed I didn’t expect it to be McCown 

18 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

doubt he is just a camp arm I believe he would be our best backup even with a healthy Suds

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This is hard to say McCown is now 40 years old the exp. gives him a possible leg up....But wasn’t like he did great filling in last year for Donald though Jets last year are no we’re near as talented as us this year....But still think under 600 yards 1 td 4 ints in think 3 games 

7 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Nate Sudfeld ... .makes $3,095,000    .... McCown... $2 mil.       Forget what any writer says ... what would you think?

Here is what I think .... Suds probably can't play for a few weeks.... McCown is the #2 at that point, if he plays then he gets an incentive to make more.... which can't really be added to Suds deal because he was offered a tender.   I would think the Eagles think McCown won't have to play in the first couple of weeks.... from there, Suds comes back, and they could have their choice.   How McCown does in these next few weeks can determine that.    It could go either way.  It would save the Eagles $$$ if they played Suds though.   It could also lead to getting a better comp pick later if Suds signs elsewhere next year.     Who could be better for winning... I think to be determined.   

Big picture... Kessler is out and the rookie could be practice squad.  

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

McCown signed as a camp arm

No, he's not just a camp arm, he didn't come out of retirement to be here for 2 weeks lol

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Here is what I think .... Suds probably can't play for a few weeks.... McCown is the #2 at that point, if he plays then he gets an incentive to make more.... which can't really be added to Suds deal because he was offered a tender.   I would think the Eagles think McCown won't have to play in the first couple of weeks.... from there, Suds comes back, and they could have their choice.   How McCown does in these next few weeks can determine that.    It could go either way.  It would save the Eagles $$$ if they played Suds though.   It could also lead to getting a better comp pick later if Suds signs elsewhere next year.     Who could be better for winning... I think to be determined.   

He didn't come out of retirement to be a 3rd string QB. He came out to be the #2 and to be Wentz's right hand man in his ear and give him advice. He has 15 years in the league and has starting experience. He is considered to be one of the smartest backups in the league not to mention has been one of the most effective. 

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This is hard to say McCown is now 40 years old the exp. gives him a possible leg up....But wasn’t like he did great filling in last year for Donald though Jets last year are no we’re near as talented as us this year....But still think under 600 yards 1 td 4 ints in think 3 games 

Not to mention 81 fumbles in 99 career games. 

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

didn't come out of retirement to be a 3rd string QB. 

Pretty sure he came out of retirement for a chance to go to the SB we’re likely only a hand full of teams he would have even considered doing this for....As for his spot of the depth chart hopefully it doesn’t matter and Wentz plays every game

Welp,if we're gonna have a #2,3 QB competition,this is the time to get that done,not after game 1.IDK how fast he's gonna pick this up,but I'm sure we'll find that out soon enough.IDK if Suds is gonna be real happy back in 3.But being injured he really gave up his #2 shot, or at least now it's not a given,so I understand this move.McCown seems to be "cool" headed similar to Foles that way.We still have a few weeks to sort them out

4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Pretty sure he came out of retirement for a chance to go to the SB we’re likely only a hand full of teams he would have even considered doing this for....As for his spot of the depth chart hopefully it doesn’t matter and Wentz plays every game

I doubt if McCown was guaranteed anything as far as depth. I believe it's more a case that personnel is 'hoping' he can be #2. The end result will have to be proven that he can man that spot. 

40 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Trying to figure out how Hollins is playing ST but not WR?

LOL, I had to back it up, but I thought Hollins had a reception Thur night

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Mack Hollins, right, is tackled by Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Quenton Meeks after a reception during the first half of an NFL preseason football game, Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019, in Jacksonville, Fla. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/gallery/sports/gallery-eagles-vs-jaguars-in-preseason/collection_671bc309-798f-5fc6-b2c0-f058d766d38a.html#52