DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

SO why not have a C that can play G if needed,not the other way around? We have 5 like that already

Does it make a difference if it is a C that can play G or a G that can play C if the player can play both spot at a high level???? We have not seen a ton of Semaulo at C so hard to say what he can do... I do no Semaulo has gotten some C reps during practice.... The new young buck seems like he could have a chance to make the team as well was getting 2nd team reps at C

McCown,much cheaper than Foles would have been to retain,and Nick wanted a starting gig(can't blame him at all) .With Mc that is not an issue.SO you got a similar BU,maybe even more experienced for 1/5 of Foles pricetag. 

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Does it make a difference if it is a C that can play G or a G that can play C if the player can play both spot at a high level???? We have not seen a ton of Semaulo at C so hard to say what he can do... I do no Semaulo has gotten some C reps during practice.... The new young buck seems like he could have a chance to make the team as well was getting 2nd team reps at C

Yeah they play with these designations all over the roster.C is DIFFERENT than G because you have to RUN the offensive line calls.Some G's are not capable and it would be nice for Kelce to say "ok here's the guy who will replace me",not train 5 different guys

Pryor was jumping offsides last yr as well.

McGown is not necessarily the starter, they're all here to compete just like every other position.  Of course NE did better w/ Stidham at this point it seems.

GB - Never watched Rypien but your suggestion's sound. Thorson did look a little better last game, see what he does in the 3rd PS

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Pryor was jumping offsides last yr as well.

McGown is not necessarily the starter, they're all here to compete just like every other position.  Of course NE did better w/ Stidham at this point it seems.

GB - Never watched Rypien but your suggestion's sound. Thorson did look a little better last game, see what he does in the 3rd PS

Yeah saw him improve alot in that game.I hope we can keep him,but this year it looks like he is on the PS. Rypien was undrafted.Both rooks,both WIP's.We shall see. I don't see Kess as in the mix at all

Another option(ok I'll get killed on this one) is Suds could be trade bait? Not saying that will happen,just leaving the door open.We have a little stock at QB,RB,WR and could see a trade for any of those positions-guys/picks whatever

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah they play with these designations all over the roster.C is DIFFERENT than G because you have to RUN the offensive line calls.Some G's are not capable and it would be nice for Kelce to say "ok here's the guy who will replace me",not train 5 different guys

Just because us fans don’t know the Eagles plan for replacement plans for C doesn’t mean they don’t have a guy....Semaulo was a C coming out of college that could play G....Obviously  we haven’t needed him at C because of Kelce so him being able to play G at a high level is a plus 

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/lawlor-roster-puzzle-starting-to-come-together

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just because us fans don’t know the Eagles plan for replacement plans for C doesn’t mean they don’t have a guy....Semaulo was a C coming out of college that could play G....Obviously  we haven’t needed him at C because of Kelce so him being able to play G at a high level is a plus 

We'll see what happens.Herbig played hard.I'd like to keep him around

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp once again I didn't get to see enough of Suds to make that call.I believe you go ahead and expose Thorson to the PS because there is nothing else to do with him.Most teams have either a young QB in place or their future QB already in camp.I am a fan of Brett Rypien.If he's on their PS,I would lose Thorson in an instant,plus you always have next years draft.Maybe McCown becomes the new Foles.He's cheap enough and really no worries about him wanting to find a starting gig.I won't pass judgement.I need to see these guys play

What are talking about "no worries about him wanting a starting gig”? He was retired.

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What are talking about "no worries about him wanting a starting gig”? He was retired.

I know,so there wasn't the same deal with trying to keep Foles here.Pretty easy to understand.I assume both he and the Eagles know this is a one and done,barring he outplays Wentz lol

4 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Toth was stationed at Fort Leonard Wood which is about 20 miles north of where I live.

I think i'd remember if I saw someone that big walking around the fort.

I'll NEVER forget Fort Lost In The Woods! lol Would've gotten nailed by a Brown Recluse had I not checked my boot while on TC bivouac. 

Ham, the McCown signing totally blew me away. Expected some QB to be signed, but not a tenured vet.  

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Another option(ok I'll get killed on this one) is Suds could be trade bait? Not saying that will happen,just leaving the door open.We have a little stock at QB,RB,WR and could see a trade for any of those positions-guys/picks whatever

Why would you get killed on that one?  Dude is a UFA next year... easy possible trade bait

37 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Whelp there goes the worry about having to carry four TE. Rodgers just wasn’t meant to be...here. I do like Perkins. So I think we are fine. Rodgers was a very good blocker. Perkins resembling more a wideout(in style of play).

Browns going to end up w/ their starting 25 and 53 kickers when they should have kept the one they had

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So Kessler is back at practice today. That makes the Mc signing seem even more forced and rushednow. Especially with Thorson picking up steam.

Yeah,kinda looks like my thought of trade bait for Suds could have some value

Sounds like Clement's trying to solidify that 4th RB slot. Out of Adams, Scott, Smalls, think Smalls is gone if Clement's healthy. Smalls did well in spots towards the end of last season. Adams can run hard, fumblitus. Scott to PS? Kinda like him

51 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So Kessler is back at practice today. That makes the Mc signing seem even more forced and rushednow. Especially with Thorson picking up steam.

It could just be the simple case the Eagles are not fond of Kessler....Also never a bad thing to have a QB with 16 years of exp. 

Thorson evening picking up some steam can still likely be stashed on the PS for a year