DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sounds like Clement's trying to solidify that 4th RB slot. Out of Adams, Scott, Smalls, think Smalls is gone if Clement's healthy. Smalls did well in spots towards the end of last season. Adams can run hard, fumblitus. Scott to PS? Kinda like him

Going to be interesting if we opt to keep that 5th RB or not....Still feel as though Boston can make a great claim for that role based on his STs play not sure how he has looked though....

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,kinda looks like my thought of trade bait for Suds could have some value

Would be fine with trading Suds if there was a market for him....Though can’t image there is much of a market for him considering he doesn’t have much film 

Also want to keep an extra OT, DE, CB, WR...................................... lol! If it's Sproles' last yr we should have someone in the pipeline. If Howard works out we'll want to extend him - don't like a lot of turnover in the same area.

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So Kessler is back at practice today. That makes the Mc signing seem even more forced and rushednow. Especially with Thorson picking up steam.

Ham,  relax a little there.   Trades ... PUPs ... stop overthinking... it doesn't have to make sense to us fans... WE have a QB injured not exactly sure of the time table of the return yet... although some make it seem like its a lock to be back ASAP in September???  WE don't know for sure.   We also have been hearing reports that Kessler hasn't been that great ...right?   Also, it was unknown if he would clear concussion protocol.   Kessler and McCown won't both be on the team.  Kessler counts $912k vs the cap... if McCown is $2 mil ... its peanuts with the $20 mil cap space they have.   Not going to effect any of your free agent signings in the future.

Simply,  they wanted to ensure they have another arm, they haven't been impressed with Kessler.   Suds is a UFA next year, who might be gone almost half the season anyway.   

You spend a mil of cap space to take care of all that ... with a guy who can bring some vet leadership and is friends with Alshon ... and you are really focused on this????    

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Also want to keep an extra OT, DE, CB, WR...................................... lol! If it's Sproles' last yr we should have someone in the pipeline. If Howard works out we'll want to extend him - don't like a lot of turnover in the same area.

Have a strong roster going to lose some possible good players.... Consider how we value the lines think it is safe to say we keep around 20(give or take a spot or 2)guys on the O and D lines 

Essentially only leaving 30 spots for QB, RB, WRs, TEs, LBs,CB,S 

last 3 of course go to K, P and LS

13 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Would be fine with trading Suds if there was a market for him....Though can’t image there is much of a market for him considering he doesn’t have much film 

Indianapolis and Jacksonville.

28 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Have a strong roster going to lose some possible good players.... Consider how we value the lines think it is safe to say we keep around 20 guys on the O and D lines 

Essentially only leaving 30 spots for QB, RB, WRs, TEs, LBs,CB,S 

last 3 of course go to K, P and LS

24 if we are good with 3 QBs and 3 TEs.      ....24 for LB, DB, WR, RB   ...  say 5, 10, 5 & 4.     Factor is a PUP or two.  That can switch the #s around, and probably should.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Another option(ok I'll get killed on this one) is Suds could be trade bait? Not saying that will happen,just leaving the door open.We have a little stock at QB,RB,WR and could see a trade for any of those positions-guys/picks whatever

Your guess is as good or better than mine on that front. I'm ALWAYS surprised in a small way come Roster day. Hey, I made a funny son……don't ya get it boy……'way'…'day'? 1605549844_FoghornLeghorn-BoyIsAboutAsSharpAsABowlingBall.jpeg.0faaa18fc02c819ade2e7c4ae2e39da5.jpeg  Sorry, feelin' goofy trying to change mood. Please excuse me. 

Some replies from a tweeter nation link that was on page of link that MJK posted regarding Rodgers being carted off of field. Some fine (NOT) people in the world. Who cares if he's a human being????? WTF!!!

this guy is a china doll... 
It's a wrap for him he's made of glass 
Who cares? Didnt want him on roster anyway.

@Don Corleone  

wmzvEgmS_normal.jpg

Veteran Dave Huffman, who was blinded in Vietnam, has relied on Merrill Reese calling Eagles games for decades.
After receiving a letter from his son Keith, we gave Dave the surprise of a lifetime.

Thanks DC! SO NICE to have something inspirational.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Are all of the other 31 teams solid (sold) on their #2 or even #3?

29 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Are all of the other 31 teams solid (sold) on their #2 or even #3?

If your a team and need a backup QB would you trade for a guy that has 25 career pass attempts in actual games????? Again I like Suds think he can be good but simple fact is he is still an unknown....Joe might be right a team like Indy or Jacksonville could have some interest since they have coaches that know Suds ...The rest of the league has about as much knowledge on Suds as us fans 

Also we liked Suds enough to place a 2nd round tender on him and pay him what 3m so I can’t image us willing to part with him for some late round pick of a team was willing to give that up for the unknown QB 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If your a team and need a backup QB would you trade for a guy that has 25 career pass attempts in actual games????? Again I like Suds think he can be good but simple fact is he is still an unknown....Joe might be right a team like Indy or Jacksonville could have some interest since they have coaches that know Suds ...The rest of the league has about as much knowledge on Suds as us fans 

Thanks BG! I saw Joe's post on Indy & Jax once I got further along. My point was that a team may become 'desperate' at some time in the next 2 weeks if they unfortunately lose a QB. Sorry I didn't clarify that. 

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Welp,for a team that loses their 2 or 3 in camp,he is a better option than an undrafted rook.I agree we won't get alot.Going to be interesting how this plays out and whom we cut.This is the first year I can ever recall we had the problem of too much talent lol

Right, can't hurt to add pieces.  Stop worrying if your guy makes the 53.  All that should matter is the team success.  It's not a developmental league 

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

24 if we are good with 3 QBs and 3 TEs.      ....24 for LB, DB, WR, RB   ...  say 5, 10, 5 & 4.     Factor is a PUP or two.  That can switch the #s around, and probably should.

IDK just when I write off a RB,they do well in practices/pre. Clements turn. Boston Scott plays hard.I 'd like to keep him around.We need to win the SB so Sproles can retire lol

Well IDK here.If he was really awful we wouldn't have kept him this long.I'm sure teams are aware of that..Scouts are always scouting other teams players.Also if a QB gets hurt and you have 1/2  a shot at post season,you don't wait until next draft.

Welp If we hadn't made that Mc move,we woulda had to trust him with 25 passes right? SO, why wouldn't someone else?

57 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well IDK here.If he was really awful we wouldn't have kept him this long.I'm sure teams are aware of that..Scouts are always scouting other teams players.Also if a QB gets hurt and you have 1/2  a shot at post season,you don't wait until next draft.

Never said he was awful but we have been around him for 3 years we know him other teams don’t....Not like Scouts can scout our practices lol and again he doesn’t have a ton of tape 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp If we hadn't made that Mc move,we woulda had to trust him with 25 passes right? SO, why wouldn't someone else?

We have a ton more then 25 passes with him though we have spent 3 years grooming him...Other teams don’t get to see Suds those practices...They have to go off game film which again isn’t a ton of on Suds 

39 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Never said he was awful but we have been around him for 3 years we know him other teams don’t....Not like Scouts can scout our practices lol and again he doesn’t have a ton of tape 

Neither do undrafted rookies.I mean do you have to see tape to understand a team has kept a player on the roster for 3-4 years? Wouldn't you believe they were at least ok?

41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Neither do undrafted rookies.I mean do you have to see tape to understand a team has kept a player on the roster for 3-4 years? Wouldn't you believe they were at least ok?

Basically your point .... teams probably trust Doug and the organization enough with their evaluation to keep him around all this time and have him as the #2 prior to getting hurt.  

But who knows...let's see it all play out. We have a good team.  I hate how fast summer goes, but the best part is getting out of training camp/preseason mode of talking about all these backups and fringe players.  Looking forward to the conversation being Wentz, Ertz,  Alshon, Djax, Agholor, Goedert, the starting OL and the top RBs.  Along with the defenders who play the most snaps.

Stopping all these assumptions based upon bloggers points of view of practice.   We can use our own eyes on actual real game action.