DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Suit up 45 on gamedays. If this whole list is on the 53 that’s all 8 spots that don’t suit up. Makes the choices that much more difficult for whom makes the team....realizing they will very likely actually play. Ridgeway should be clear from concussion. Mills will probably be on PUP. Darby, McLeod and Brooks are getting closer to being ready. Of coarse there are two more PS games to go still also. Adds to the challenge of cut decisions.

You're right Ham, it does make the final roster much harder. But there are still 17 full days till Sept. 8 for guys to receive rehab. Hard for me too in order to steer myself away from the anticipation of seeing the final active list. UGH

The signing of McCown obviously brought up the question of Thorson. Do we keep 4 QBs, do we believe Thorson will not be poached from the PS or are we comfortable in losing Thorson?

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you both believe Pedey was just full of crap with everything he was saying. AND you think it was just pure coincidence the timing of everything.

Yep, I believe I mentioned yesterday or the day before that DP was probably under orders from the upper level chain of command to handle it that way in his PC. They didn't wanna tip their hand as to whom they were in talks with or even seeking out anyone at all. 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you both believe Pedey was just full of crap with everything he was saying. AND you think it was just pure coincidence the timing of everything. Ok...I guess it’s possible. They were in long talks with Brett Favre to get him out of retirement but when that fell through after over a week of trying they then turned to McCown. But it really was all held up with a potential trade of our K Elliott so we could replace him with LLoyd. I guess it’s all ...possible.

Your the only one that what to believe in massive conspiracy theories lol....Simple fact is we have no clue when the Eagles reached out to McCown all we know is when he decided to sign....But I think you can almost guarantee McCown didn’t just get a random call one day and decided to come out of retirement sure he talked to his family and gave it some thought

Ham, that's right. I'm not sure. Just thinking of possibilities that may've happened behind the curtain. 

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Yep, I believe I mentioned yesterday or the day before that DP was probably under orders from the upper level chain of command to handle it that way in his PC. They didn't wanna tip their hand as to whom they were in talks with or even seeking out anyone at all. 

I don’t really believe this. No offense. But I don’t think it was all about fear of competition for McCown’s services. I think Pedey was telling it like it is. He was fine with Kessler and Thorson. You know at least knowing Suds would be back soon.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t really believe this. No offense. But I don’t think it was all about fear of competition for McCown’s services. I think Pedey was telling it like it is. He was fine with Kessler and Thorson. You know at least knowing Suds would be back soon.

What was Doug going to say no our backup QBs are trash we have to go out and get a real backup lmao....Come on of course he said he was fine with his guys he had on roster 

Ham, that very well could be that Doug was confident in letting it ride. Could be too that Howie & Co. were gonna go that route too. Then someone changed their mind in discussion meeting. ??? I don't really know for sure. Doubt there are many, if any at all on here that know what actually took place either. 

"It was an easy sell, to be quite honest.” Josh McCown

Ok so he gets the calls day after Suds injury...Likely tells Eagles he is interested wants to speak with him family give him couple of days....Then they work on a contract likely couple more days....Add it all up likely around a week to get it all done 

Or the most likely scenario: He gets a call  right after the Kessler concussion. Talks it over with his family. Gets his agent to work out a deal. Then is officially signed to the team.

Or the most likely scenario: He gets a call  right after the Kessler concussion. Talks it over with his family. Gets his agent to work out a deal. Then is officially signed to the team.

Yup was all done in what a day lol get real...Most likely scenario was he was called way back when Suds was hurt and took the time to work everything out 

As for Thorson sooooo many things could happen with him...

.A. EAGLES have a great feel that he will pass through waivers to the practice squad.

B. Suds injury could take longer then expect Eagles IR for first 8 weeks then drop Thorson when he returns drop him place Thorson on PS.

C. Thorson gets placed on IR with a mystery injury because that never happens

I mean,  I do believe Rosie keeps lines of communication open to plenty of top options available. I’m sure he probably called McCown agent before PS game 1. What’s your status and situation? That’s his job. He also gets feelers from other GMs about their players. It’s an intel based job. Got to have a feel for the pulse of things. Know the top available and also know the top potential trade opportunities. All goes in to making an informed decision.

We also just picked up Chris Worley. Do you also think it took longer than a day to sign him up and bring him in? Do you think we have been wooing him for weeks and he finally came on board?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We also just picked up Chris Worley. Do you also think it took longer than a day to sign him up and bring him in? Do you think we have been wooing him for weeks and he finally came on board?

Completely different situation he wasn’t in retirement with another job and was a young player looking for a job 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Completely different situation he wasn’t in retirement with another job and was a young player looking for a job 

So you also don’t believe McCown’s own statement that it was an easy sell either...ok

You don’t believe Pedey’s statement, don’t believe McCown's statement or the facts about the timing of everything.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Could it be they were in talks with McCown and possibly others between preseason 1 & 2 after Suds got hurt and before Kessler ended up concussed?

BINGO!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you also don’t believe McCown’s own statement that it was an easy sell either...ok

You don’t believe Pedey’s statement, don’t believe McCown's statement or the facts about the timing of everything.

Lmao you really love conspiracies 

44 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

On the 53 that can’t suit up week 1:

KGH

Bradham

Sudfeld

Mills

Brooks

McLeod 

Darby

Ridgeway

Suit up 45 on gamedays. If this whole list is on the 53 that’s all 8 spots that don’t suit up. Makes the choices that much more difficult for whom makes the team....realizing they will very likely actually play. Ridgeway should be clear from concussion. Mills will probably be on PUP. Darby, McLeod and Brooks are getting closer to being ready. Of coarse there are two more PS games to go still also. Adds to the challenge of cut decisions.

Overthinking again.  Let it play out.  

11 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

As for Thorson sooooo many things could happen with him...

.A. EAGLES have a great feel that he will pass through waivers to the practice squad.

B. Suds injury could take longer then expect Eagles IR for first 8 weeks then drop Thorson when he returns drop him place Thorson on PS.

C. Thorson gets placed on IR with a mystery injury because that never happens

(A) is possible. Though another team taking him from our practice squad is still a real possibility.

(B) isn’t really possible. You have to make the IR designation before you know  Suds has any delays going on. The way things stand Suds should only miss a few games. I don’t see placing him on IR.

(C) is always possible. But that would be a terrible call. Can’t really develop a guy when he can’t practice. Thorson needs practice.

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao you really love conspiracies 

This is all you with conspiracies. I believe what was said and the timing of events. The conspiracy is all in your theory. Pedey was lying and plotting to sign McCown all along. No signing after Suds was hurt supporting what Pedey actually said. Then the second QB gets hurt and we then add another QB. You are in denial of that timing stating it’s all coincidence. No conspiracy in anything I’m saying here. Your theory is all conspiracy. Shoe on wrong foot this time my friend.

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you both believe Pedey was just full of crap with everything he was saying. AND you think it was just pure coincidence the timing of everything. Ok...I guess it’s possible. They were in long talks with Brett Favre to get him out of retirement but when that fell through after over a week of trying they then turned to McCown. But it really was all held up with a potential trade of our K Elliott so we could replace him with LLoyd. I guess it’s all ...possible.

Ummm...  lol... to the idea of the organization being 100% transparent.    Again.... lol...lol.  lol.  

I think they are in constant talks with agents ... were they going to make a move, not necessarily.   Did Suds injury factor in...not necessarily.    Could it be very possible that they wanted McCown over Kessler for a few days or weeks, but the deal got done after? Sure. 

Let's just not panic and overthink all the time.  

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

(A) is possible. Though another team taking him from our practice squad is still a real possibility.

(B) isn’t really possible. You have to make the IR designation before you know  Suds has any delays going on. The way things stand Suds should only miss a few games. I don’t see placing him on IR.

(C) is always possible. But that would be a terrible call. Can’t really develop a guy when he can’t practice. Thorson needs practice.

All are possible lol and these things happen all the time....As for Thorson being poached I don’t see it as that high of a probability I mean seriously team is going to snatch him use up a roster spot for him to be QB 3???? Or you believe a team thinks he can be there backup already....Sure a team could take him but I think it is Moreno likely your just overvaluing an eagles player like so many fans do.