DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

McGown more seasoned and feel he can catch up enough in the next few weeks to compete w/Suds as the bu. They're both on 1 yr deals basically. Thorson should be safe on PS. If Suds doesn't go to IR he may be the odd man out but we'd need to either re-sign McGown next yr or hunt fot another bu

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

McGown more seasoned and feel he can catch up enough in the next few weeks to compete w/Suds as the bu. They're both on 1 yr deals basically. Thorson should be safe on PS. If Suds doesn't go to IR he may be the odd man out but we'd need to either re-sign McGown next yr or hunt fot another bu

Suds money is guaranteed on tender. So he hits IR unless they really think very highly of him to roster him knowing he can’t play for the first four games. I thought they wouldn’t because he’s our top backup but the move for McCown tells me Suds to IR. McCown has to be guaranteed second string to unretire.

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

IDK how Suds could go to IR without a significant injury.Of course there is always that "mystery" injury lol(but that never happens)

TE Jordan Reid got another concussion tonight. Week one opponent. So it could mean he can’t play vs us. Guys had several career concussions.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK how Suds could go to IR without a significant injury.Of course there is always that "mystery" injury lol(but that never happens)

He has a broken wrist

I hope they make a few cuts early.Give those players time to find other teams.Treat them as best you can,you never know when you may need to re-sign them

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

TE Jordan Reid got another concussion tonight. Week one opponent. So it could mean he can’t play vs us. Guys had several career concussions.

He has a broken wrist

recovery 3-6 weeks.he can't stay on IR for the season with that return time

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He has a broken wrist

Non throwing hand as well

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I hope they make a few cuts early.Give those players time to find other teams.Treat them as best you can,you never know when you may need to re-sign them

recovery 3-4 weeks.he can't stay on IR for the season with that return time

You need those guys to play in PSgame 4. Don’t want to risk anybody we actually want to keep anymore than you have to in that game.

Once on IR you can’t return until after 8 weeks. Regardless of recovery time. Then a team can choose only two players to return. Doesn’t matter if a guy is healed if the team doesn’t designate him to return.

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You need those guys to play in OS game 4. Don’t want to risk anybody we actually want to keep anymore than you have to in that game.

Once on IR you can’t return until after 8 weeks. Regardless of recovery time. Then a team can choose only two players to return. Doesn’t matter if a guy is healed if the team doesn’t designate him to return.

I said a FEW.I'm sure we already know a FEW who aren't making the team

Only keeping 1, Suds seems like odd man out. McGown has that maturity, reads things well and got the ball out quickly

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You need those guys to play in OS game 4. Don’t want to risk anybody we actually want to keep anymore than you have to in that game.

Depends if they feel he's worth it or not.I have no clue as to that

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Those are the guys we play game four. The guys that aren’t making the team.

Last look at guys that WILL. OK whatever

Richard Rodgers also a possible IR to return. KGH I’m thinking we don’t IR. But it’s possible we do. He’d definitely be designated to return.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Last look at guys that WILL. OK whatever

Just saying it’s a crap game. Can’t really learn but too much. It’s vs third and fourth stringers in game four.

Main thing with game four is any injuries to players that would make the 53 could change things. Hence why we don’t want to risk them. Keep the exposure as small as possible. Hardly even want to put the K and P out there.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Richard Rodgers also a possible IR to return. KGH I’m thinking we don’t IR. But it’s possible we do. He’d definitely be designated to return.

Just saying it’s a crap game. Can’t really learn but too much. It’s vs third and fourth stringers in game four.

Yeah seems like a waste of time

Over the cap knows what they are talking about. But I’m going to disagree with that. Suds was a RFA. We put a second round tender on him. Pretty sure that made it fully guaranteed. Only way it could change was if somebody gave us a second round pick and we refused to match their new contract offer for him. That’s my understanding of that situation.

Maybe the contract is if he makes the team. I think we can cut him before the season starts, prolly w/ a bit of an injury settlement. Reading a bit about it, not seeing anything that says we can't

Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/NonFootball Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.