DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I only caught bits of the game? Did any of you DB whisperers notice much of a Scandrick or Cyprien sighting? Any younger guys (DB/CB) stand out?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ok so you have the following. Smalls,Adams,Scott,Agudosi,Hollins,Michel.Cut 4 of them

I can't make up my mind lol

Maybe someone can get me a job with the cowturds for some innocent sabotage :thumbsup:

ok so you have the following. Smalls,Adams,Scott,Agudosi,Hollins,Michel.Cut 4 of them

Add Greg Ward jr....I really liked how Adams ran tonight... NO nonsense....punishing.  Agudosi...PS.... Is Hollins still an effective ST ace? That is Hollins edge over Michel. Smalls is sooo valuable, proven player. AdamsHollins stay. 

IDK how Suds could go to IR without a significant injury.Of course there is always that "mystery" injury lol(but that never happens)

As far as I know, if it's an injury then it qualifies. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We have LeBlanc already fitting that bill of a very possible IR return. Mills will be on PUP. Should return. Not sure if that counts toward our two IR returnees though.

Mills will be eligible by week 6

During the preseason, the league also allows players with long-term, but not season-ending, injuries to be placed into one of two designations: physically unable to perform (PUP), for injuries sustained during the previous season or during offseason training activities (a player who passes their physical at the beginning of training camp and practices is physically able to participate and is thus ineligible for the PUP list), or reserve/non-football injury, for injuries sustained outside of team or league activities (despite the name, this includes lingering injuries from college football play, should an injured player be drafted and join the team). Both designations are functionally identical in that the player can be promoted to the active roster by week 6 of the regular season or placed on injured reserve.

Ham, good question. I wasn't able to find anything on counting towards the 2 or not. Maybe someone can answer that for us???

21 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Ham, good question. I wasn't able to find anything on counting towards the 2 or not. Maybe someone can answer that for us???

Hmmm cutting Suds with injury saves more than we paid for McCown-interesting

Eagles Cheerleader Kyle Tanguay is not your typical rookie

No, he's the only one that needs or has a tin of pixie dust in pocket 

image.thumb.png.34dc7f9c0e3923c435cabc8f2d8ac8d9.png

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Eagles Cheerleader Kyle Tanguay is not your typical rookie

No, he's the only one that needs or has a tin of pixie dust in pocket 

image.thumb.png.34dc7f9c0e3923c435cabc8f2d8ac8d9.png

I hate to go all into the specifics but one has to ask: where does he suit up? With the cheerleaders? Or with the players? Or in a closet?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I hate to go all into the specifics but one has to ask: where does he suit up? With the cheerleaders? Or with the players? Or in a closet?

Can't be a closet. That door's been welded shut, on the outside looking in lmao

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hmmm cutting Suds with injury saves more than we paid for McCown-interesting

I believe RFA tender is fully guaranteed. I can’t find the info stating it for fact. But I did see ERFA tenders are not guaranteed.  The reason RFA come up like that on Over the Cap I believe is because another team can put in an offer sheet for that player. If we don’t match it they get that player. But we wouldn’t have to eat any dead cap. If that’s makes sense to you. In Suds case we tendered him for a second round pick. So they’d have to place a contract offer for him. We don’t match and they give us a second round pick for next season. But we’d suffer no financial consequence for not matching the offer. But cutting him I think we would suffer the full guarantee of the tender against the cap.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I only caught bits of the game? Did any of you DB whisperers notice much of a Scandrick or Cyprien sighting? Any younger guys (DB/CB) stand out?

Yes they all stunk. The whole secondary was out of whack. Made their PS QB look like a legit starter. I mean they have to worry about somebody picking him up off their PS now because of tonight’s tape. And unfortunately it wasn’t just the bubble players. It was Douglas and Jones and....just the whole thing was a train wreck. They are a running team too. Which adds insult to injury.

But on the bright side we shut down their rushing attack.

I couldn't finding hard evidence either. Just this bit:

If the Eagles don’t want to keep three quarterbacks on the roster, they could injury settle with Sudfeld and save a good portion of his $3 million contract.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/21/nfl-players-who-could-become-salary-cap-casualties-before-season/

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That’s John Clayton so I’ll ride with his opinion over my own. I stand corrected. Thanks TD! Good find.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s John Clayton so I’ll ride with his opinion over my own. I stand corrected. Thanks TD! Good find.

Hate to say this,but depending on what happened,Suds to Carolina?

IDK seriously,is it time we looked for a different DB coach? I mean we can never find nor develop anyone of any consequence.It's disturbing year after year

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hate to say this,but depending on what happened,Suds to Carolina?

IDk he's gonna be hard to peddle injured

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes they all stunk. The whole secondary was out of whack. Made their PS QB look like a legit starter. I mean they have to worry about somebody picking him up off their PS now because of tonight’s tape. And unfortunately it wasn’t just the bubble players. It was Douglas and Jones and....just the whole thing was a train wreck. They are a running team too. Which adds insult to injury.

But on the bright side we shut down their rushing attack.

They didn't need one lol

At any rate.Undlin can't seem to coach these guys up. I know we don't get any FA's of any magnitude(sans the dream team disaster year) but a guy like Jones should be shining by now.He's been here long enough,this unit should be tight

I will say Jenkins had his career years here under Undlin. McLeod has looked very good. Maddox came out of nowhere. Got a late rounder in Mills to be a SB starter. Patrick Robinson had his career season here. Douglas was picked a round higher than predicted. Darby has flashed but gotten injured. I could argue got the most out of old man Corey Graham. Unlocked LeBlanc in the slot last season.  I could also go back to Denver where he unleashed Chris Harris and a great secondary he came from. Almost like Rowe and Jones are the only outliers. But Rowe wasn’t any good with the Pats after us either. Isn’t even with them anymore. So he’s kind of seeming like just a bad draft choice. Jones has been too injured to label bust yet. 

Tonight the secondary was terrible. Some of that has to fall on Undlin. But overall I’m not a hater. He’s done well with what he’s been given. We just don’t invest in the secondary like we do the line. And our two highest picks are looking like questionable picks more than coaching errors. We could have got him S Thornhill(my guy) in the second but instead took a RB(also my guy)and WR. Now I just read that Thornhill looks to be earning a starting spot with the Chiefs already in Spags defense.

PS games don't mean much but you hate to see 9 penalties in the 1st half. Especially when most of them were dead ball penalties.

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

My thinking is take him and then grab my #3 RB ASAP to cover.if I miss on that then grab Pollard later(handcuff as it seems he did well taking the load).My hope 1s some fool takes Mahomes at 1,2,3 lol(I can dream right).My league is different.The flex is a TE or WR not a RB so would like to have a top tier TE.Also my ST is separate from the D.It's alot more realistic than normal leagues. I am the defending league champ

Believe lots of decisions will be made tonight and the "bubble players" will be on the line the last game

I grabbed my TE in the 3rd and just missed getting Kittles by one pick. My feeling is there are not allot of options there, so best to get one early. Lots of RB's and WR's after the top tier is gone. SO RB/WR/TE is my thinking....