DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Nice move with McCown,  now we can move on.  To be honest though... not sure why we need post game shows and all this attention to preseason games in the first place.  Part of the reason why it's overkill. 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

True.I am far away.I get news "trickles" unless it pertains to the Bucs or Fins 

24-7 here... 2 sports talk show stations... CSN network on TV, plus other local news.  Post game shows...etc.   It never stops pouring if you use the same analogy with "trickles" for you.  

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Nice move with McCown,  now we can move on.  To be honest though... not sure why we need post game shows and all this attention to preseason games in the first place.  Part of the reason why it's overkill. 

Yeah my thoughts are it's because of"the drought".That period with ZIP.When there is ANY news,it becomes the focal point for those who's jobs depend on news

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

24-7 here... 2 sports talk show stations... CSN network on TV, plus other local news.  Post game shows...etc.   It never stops pouring if you use the same analogy with "trickles" for you.  

Sometimes being deaf is a blessing HAHA

Welp Zeke was offered a contract.I think he would be foolish to turn it down

Chargers are so far NOT giving in to Gordons demands

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hindsight,hindsight,hindsight.If Undlin is so great where is JONES? That was a round 2 pick who has done little.He can't get better players in here? As in noone listens to his opinion? Either his opinions are being ignored or he can't coach the players he does get.We always seem to have secondary issues,why is that?

It’s the Passing Era of the NFL. And we’ve been very good against the run under Schwartz. If you can’t run...you have to pass. Scheme is big on this. Can’t blame Undlin for Schwartz philosophy. And finally injury. Seems like our secondary has been hit with extreme injury numbers. Last season Undlin was forced to play three DBs at the same time that were off the street(or shouldn’t even be on a team). Because Jones was a round two pick does that make him good? And he’s been injured. Not sure how him being injured before the draft and not being able to play Year one is Undlin’s fault? And him getting injured last season is also somehow Undlin’s fault also? 

Haven’t even clicked on the article but Yes Pedey goes for it on fourth down a fair amount. But not when it’s a longer fourth down conversion when you already are in field goal range. And to start the game he went for it on fourth down on our own side of the field. Practically gifted the Ravens that first field goal. So yes he goes for it on a more fourth downs than traditional conservative coaches. But no he wouldn’t go for it on fourth down in those two scenarios...in a real game.

IDK,maybe I am off base(probably),but maybe the fact we don't draft DB's high is because there is little faith in that areas coaching staff? Same with LB's? IDK something is wrong.After many many years of this BS we still have issues on BOTH sides of the secondary? Can we at least lock down 1 side someday? Some players we DO get are moved around to positions they did not excel at.And why does it seem our secondary players get hurt more than average? Maybe it's just me.I have no facts to back this,just the eye test.Done venting(lol) 

I can’t really speak for the rest of the secondary injuries. But Darby and Jones seem injury prone. Two of our biggest investments at CB. That isn’t on Undlin.

44 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk... I was out with the family,  checked the score to see 26-0... but was checking in to see injuries.   Circdesole .. or whatever it's called... fun show.  

Cirque Du Soleil is incredible. I’m an addict. Wish I could have gone to more shows. Just jaw dropping and exciting. I’m sure the kids loved it also. Which one did you see?

Doing a game rerun on NFLN right now if anyone wants to watch

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s the Passing Era of the NFL. And we’ve been very good against the run under Schwartz. If you can’t run...you have to pass. Scheme is big on this. Can’t blame Undlin for Schwartz philosophy. And finally injury. Seems like our secondary has been hit with extreme injury numbers. Last season Undlin was forced to play three DBs at the same time that were off the street(or shouldn’t even be on a team). Because Jones was a round two pick does that make him good? And he’s been injured. Not sure how him being injured before the draft and not being able to play Year one is Undlin’s fault? And him getting injured last season is also somehow Undlin’s fault also? 

Is Jones playing this year?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Doing a game rerun on NFLN right now if anyone wants to watch

No thanks. Can’t watch that crap again. It was terrible. I probably could if I was a Ravens fan.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No being a round 2 doesn't automatically make you good,but after 3 years of coaching,you should be better than you started out being no?

Different measures of the preseason. Nothing in the preseason equals a real game. That’s true and fact. But there is the early game measuring stick vs first and second stringers. Second half is mostly guys that aren’t going to make a team. Not even NFL talent. And not utilizing real scheme and philosophy. Just have to realize these factors when using PS to evaluate.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No being a round 2 doesn't automatically make you good,but after 3 years of coaching,you should be better than you started out being no?

Well he started out under Undlin not being able to run. So that’s a low enough bar to say he’s better than. And don’t include me in the "we” of a draft steal. Wasn’t my guy. But let’s judge him on what he does this season. Can’t really judge him on anything yet. And remember this is his third season. But he can be considered medically unfit his first season. So technically we have control of him for three more seasons(even though he was a second and not first round pick).

Mills, Maddox, Douglas, Jones, LeBlanc, Sendejo, Cyprien. Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap got to remember that. While  paying DJax, Jeffrey, Agholor, Ertz, Peters, Kelce, Johnson, Brooks, Wentz ....we are bargain basement pricing on most of the secondary. Jenkins is getting paid. Plays like it. When evaluating the coaching job this has to be a factor.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cirque Du Soleil is incredible. I’m an addict. Wish I could have gone to more shows. Just jaw dropping and exciting. I’m sure the kids loved it also. Which one did you see?

It was in Oaks last night.    The lizard guy was a juggler... blonde guy drops from like 20 foot pole without using hands catches himself inches from the ground. Music was good, and kids loved the comedy stuff too.

Haven’t even clicked on the article but Yes Pedey goes for it on fourth down a fair amount. But not when it’s a longer fourth down conversion when you already are in field goal range. And to start the game he went for it on fourth down on our own side of the field. Practically gifted the Ravens that first field goal. So yes he goes for it on a more fourth downs than traditional conservative coaches. But no he wouldn’t go for it on fourth down in those two scenarios...in a real game.

The last 4 words!

Example ... Ham, BG and I are saying with the media hype... have radio on now, coming back from commercial to the Ike Reese show...  music is playing like NFL films... they go to audio of Meryl Reese calling the TD pass to JJAW, Mike Quick giving his excited color commentary of how great it was... now with the music still playing in the background ... for like 3 -4 minutes still... they are talking about how great a play it was...etc.  

Local flavor ... lol.  

One prob w/ Cirque - there's too much going on! Went to a show, got the vid and couldn't believe how much I missed. Also - get reasonably close to get good pics

If we add John Facinda here ... we can make McCown and JJAW hall of famers with that play being like Montana to Clarke.    

Preseason... lol. 

No thanks. Can’t watch that crap again. It was terrible. I probably could if I was a Ravens fan.

If not for being a PS game that would've qualified for the "Stink At The Linc II" lol

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If not for being a PS game that would've qualified for the "Stink At The Linc II" lol

The first 7 words.

Mills, Maddox, Douglas, Jones, LeBlanc, Sendejo, Cyprien. Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap got to remember that. While  paying DJax, Jeffrey, Agholor, Ertz, Peters, Kelce, Johnson, Brooks, Wentz ....we are bargain basement pricing on most of the secondary. Jenkins is getting paid. Plays like it. When evaluating the coaching job this has to be a factor.

You forgot 2 'cheaps' lol