DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk.. I'm ok cutting any O player.  I don't think any of the bubble guys are particularly good.   Some may be backups for other teams, but for sure no embarrassment of riches IMO with Smallwood, Adams,  Ward or whoever else you wanna say.  Darby, Jenkins and McCloud is an above average 3 for sure.... and I like Maddox.   That group being that good when looking who they get to play behind.. I'm good.

Mostly it’s future concerns with any cuts. Which guy becomes really good with a bit of development? We need to make a choice potentially with C. Maybe backup is Seumalo but I’m liking this kid Herbig. TE I think we could see a guy become a good player for someone. I like Perkins. Maybe we cut Rodgers. There are a few that are quality looking potential TEs. That’s where we need to make the wisest decision. And we have two studs in Ertz and Goedert. But we are looking to run 12 personnel a bunch this season it seems so....a third TE is crucial.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.. and when they did a ranking of both rosters... Brady and Gronk.... and pretty much the Eagles owned the rest of the rankings. Best roster in 2017.. bar none! 

Pats haven’t been the best roster since Moss

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.. and when they did a ranking of both rosters... Brady and Gronk.... and pretty much the Eagles owned the rest of the rankings. Best roster in 2017.. bar none! 

Saints disagreed. Said they would have owned us. Then made it look like it last season ....after ending us in the playoffs previously also.

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Mostly it’s future concerns with any cuts. Which guy becomes really good with a bit of development? We need to make a choice potentially with C. Maybe backup is Seumalo but I’m liking this kid Herbig. TE I think we could see a guy become a good player for someone. I like Perkins. Maybe we cut Rodgers. There are a few that are quality looking potential TEs. That’s where we need to make the wisest decision. And we have two studs in Ertz and Goedert. But we are looking to run 12 personnel a bunch this season it seems so....a third TE is crucial.

Pats haven’t been the best roster since Moss

IDK that it's crucial to have a 3rd TE.it' s a nice luxury

Sammy Smith.... not the double Dutch bus guy... but the RB from Washington.   He was MVP of the Superbowl.... nothing much else.  Great one game.. it helped.  But Washington was more than just him and that one game.  More than a " synergy " or karma or whatever intangible.   I'm not disregarding any of that.  But can't overlook the talent of the roster and the 19 games.. not just the one.  Same with 2017 Eagles.. stud roster that could overcome loss of MVP, hall of fame LT, return guy, best ST player, stud MLB.... and still win.  Of the teams they played when a play here and there could have made a difference... not seeing that loss due to injury.  ATL or NE didn't loss a group of 5 players anywhere near our group. 

I will be curious to see if Witten still "has it".Not that I'm a cowdung fan,but should be interesting at his age. Did a practice draft and really nailed this one(vs good players too),so I hope I can duplicate it on draft day ,Missed Wentz by 2 picks,so had to settle for Mayfield

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Saints disagreed. Said they would have owned us. Then made it look like it last season ....after ending us in the playoffs previously also.

Who was injured for them?  Wentz, Peters, Hicks, Sproles and Maragos.   Anything similar? 

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

When you are running two TE sets a bunch a third TE will be played plenty.

We have enough talent we wont need to do that other than to give teams a different look

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Falcons had a better starting roster than us also in 2017. Rams were arguably more talented. Steelers, Jacksonville, Minnesota. KC and Carolina were probably right there equal

And again...  who was injured for them in 2017? 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

When you are running two TE sets a bunch a third TE will be played plenty.

What do we think.  I say # 3 TE plays less than 5 offensive snaps per game. 

FWIW,I saw a "power ranking" list We were 6th.I think they are wrong

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Agreed,I think we have better talent to use than that

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I think he plays more than that...this season. But when injury occurs he will be needed. And Ertz and Goedert will miss time. Hopefully nothing long.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

FWIW,I saw a "power ranking" list We were 6th.I think they are wrong

Agreed,I think we have better talent to use than that

Perkins will play a nice role on ST.... but he isn't playing much if at all on offense.  

We play 2 TEs because we have 2 studs.  Probably play it like 40% ... Ertz doesn't come off the field.  Goeddert needs to play half the snaps.... they will play a few snaps with 4 WRs.... #3 TE won't play much, probably just goal line. 

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Perkins will play a nice role on ST.... but he isn't playing much if at all on offense.  

We play 2 TEs because we have 2 studs.  Probably play it like 40% ... Ertz doesn't come off the field.  Goeddert needs to play half the snaps.... they will play a few snaps with 4 WRs.... #3 TE won't play much, probably just goal line. 

yeah we also have JJaw for GL sets.Will be fun to toss teams different looks

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think he plays more than that...this season. But when injury occurs he will be needed. And Ertz and Goedert will miss time. Hopefully nothing long.

Ohhh.... ok, injury... so then Perkins is the #2 TE in that case, not the #3. And they won't run much 12 package.  They want to run 12 because of who the TEs are.. not for any other reason. Pretty obvious.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So how many snaps do figure Ertz misses this season? How many snaps does Goedert miss? We are going to make 12 personnel a big part of the plan this season. But three TE sets are in the playbook also. Not to mention if it’s Perkins...he can be spread out as a WR. Possibly leading an outside stack formation. Many possibilities. But I do believe Pedey will use the TEs more this season than previously.

Then we have Howard snowplowing the lead for Sanders lol.This is gonna be a fun year to watch.We can put Jjaw,Sproles or Goedert in the slot

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So how many snaps do figure Ertz misses this season? How many snaps does Goedert miss? We are going to make 12 personnel a big part of the plan this season. But three TE sets are in the playbook also. Not to mention if it’s Perkins...he can be spread out as a WR. Possibly leading an outside stack formation. Many possibilities. But I do believe Pedey will use the TEs more this season than previously.

I think we see more 2 TE sets,but not 3.Goedert can ball,we know that now

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

When either miss... no reason to make 12 that big of a package.   Looking at personnel.. probably go 4 WRs more than 2 TEs if needed.  Also see the extra OL brought in for blocking.  Not seeing Perkins in a huge role.  

Some teams are lucky to have 1 decent TE,we have 2 studs.I see TE 3 as more of a BU than actually getting involved on 3 sets

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Agree with last sentence because of #86 & #88 ....   not for any other reason.

Never said huge role for Perkins. Just saying used. And I was saying that the TE that we cut it wouldn’t surprise me to see them latch on and contribute to another team. Really strong position group. 

Never said huge role for Perkins. Just saying used. And I was saying that the TE that we cut it wouldn’t surprise me to see them latch on and contribute to another team. Really strong position group. 

Nice option to have.We can mix up the looks,throw off defenses.we have so many sets we can use it's crazy