DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Great scenario but doubt Reich will take Suds w/ that 2nd rd tender just on it's own. Could work out a different deal however, we'll see

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Great scenario but doubt Reich will take Suds w/ that 2nd rd tender just on it's own. Could work out a different deal however, we'll see

Suds for Leonard and a 2

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ok..  injuries...  possibly resulting in a trade with the Eagles.   Clement to Houston?  Suds eventually to Indy? 

I think Suds to Indy next year as a free agent is higher probability for sure with Luck gone.   Comp pick!!!!

Lord...I don’t think I can hear about comp picks for a whole another year. Talked and talked and talked about comp picks this whole past season...and off season. Then what comp picks are we really getting rained down upon us after all that? And remember we gave up a third round pick for Tate that we supposedly were getting back(or so I was told by you). No! You lose all right to talk comp pick anymore. After all that and us supposedly getting this windfall of comp picks we are probably ending up with one stinking pick. You, the websites and everyone blabbing endlessly about comp picks for a year and we only end up with one stinking pick. I just can’t handle it anymore. Go work your secret formula in the dark...alone and quietly...we don’t want to hear another million paragraphs about comp picks over us getting one extra pick. If it happens ...cool. But not worth all that bs. And gaining one pick cost us the opportunity to pick up any free agents we wanted. So we probably lost on that whole thing. And we spent a third roundpick just to try and squire that one comp pick anyway. So we gained nothing. 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Doesn't work on the tender anymore... that's free agency... now it's a trade with the Eagles for whatever. 

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Lord...I don’t think I can hear about comp picks for a whole another year. Talked and talked and talked about comp picks this whole past season...and off season. Then what comp picks are we really getting rained down upon us after all that? And remember we gave up a third round pick for Tate that we supposedly were getting back(or so I was told by you). No! You lose all right to talk comp pick anymore. After all that and us supposedly getting this windfall of comp picks we are probably ending up with one stinking pick. You, the websites and everyone blabbing endlessly about comp picks for a year and we only end up with one stinking pick. I just can’t handle it anymore. Go work your secret formula in the dark...alone and quietly...we don’t want to hear another million paragraphs about comp picks over us getting one extra pick. If it happens ...cool. But not worth all that bs. And gaining one pick cost us the opportunity to pick up any free agents we wanted. So we probably lost on that whole thing. And we spent a third roundpick just to try and squire that one comp pick anyway. So we gained nothing. 

???? What are you talking about... we aren't in line for the first comp pick... #97 for Foles... then 2 other 4th rounders... including the one for Tate? 

Yes... when you lose free agents,  the comp picks come, that's what happens.  You can only get 4 comp picks... not really interested in the quantity per se, but getting 2. good ones is pretty good, especially pick 97.  They can be traded now, absolutely  valuable... not sure your anger or babbling here?

Btw..... which free agents did we lose out on trying to get?  Actual guys they wanted... not who us fans wanted? 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

???? What are you talking about... we aren't in line for the first comp pick... #97 for Foles... then 2 other 4th rounders... including the one for Tate? 

Yes... when you lose free agents,  the comp picks come, that's what happens.  You can only get 4 comp picks... not really interested in the quantity per se, but getting 2. good ones is pretty good, especially pick 97.  They can be traded now, absolutely  valuable... not sure your anger or babbling here?

No we aren’t. You need to look back at how that secret formula works again. We picked up Fort and Sendejo canceling out picks. If JMatt gets cut we only get one pick. And that was actually moving down from the third rounder we actually already gave up for Tate. 

And even if JMatt makes the Niners(big IF) Tate got suspended. So he’s borderline slipping down to being worth a fifth round comp pick(not the original third you swore up and down we’d get). 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

No we aren’t. You need to look back at how that secret formula works again. We picked up Fort and Sendejo canceling out picks. If JMatt gets cut we only get one pick. And that was actually moving down from the third rounder we actually already gave up for Tate. 

Right... we moved down... still going to get it, why would the stud Jmatt get cut?  SF can't get anything via comp...no reason to cut him.  Sendejo and Fort... they can be cut by week 10.  Don't be surprised if we end up with both 4th rounders next year.   Plus Foles.  And don't be surprised if Suds goes via free agency for a better chance to start.  Relax a little there. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

And even if JMatt makes the Niners(big IF) Tate got suspended. So he’s borderline slipping down to being worth a fifth round comp pick(not the original third you swore up and down we’d get). 

Tate will be a 4th... never swore we get a 3rd... OTC puts it out ASAP after the signing... go look on their page,  they have been 99% accurate the last couple years. 

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Tate will be a 4th... never swore we get a 3rd... OTC puts it out ASAP after the signing... go look on their page,  they have been 99% accurate the last couple years. 

You still can’t say that. Tate WAS a fourth IF he stayed healthy all season.  But now he got suspended. Missed the first four games. So he doesn’t get paid for those four games. Does pay and health count towards comp pick rewards? I think I read that if Tate misses one game after the four game suspension it goes down to a fifth round pick. You can say OTC is 99 percent accurate but that can’t possibly be right. Not at this time of year. Because a guy being healthy and suiting up factors into the equation. And reports are that JMatt is on the bubble. So you are counting all kinds of chickens before they have hatched....like usual. 

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And actually you did swear we would get that third round pick back from Tate in the form of comp pick from him

Wondering if the Colts could be looking at Suds as their #2.I would have no issue with this as from what I have seen,Thorson can develop into our next #2(or #3 if we re-signed McCown which we have no clue what he will want to do after this season)

Also of interest is Houston- now only has Duke Johnson.He's not really a 3 down RB,and we have some nice players(Smalls/Adams for example) that could fill the hole

I would be on the phone with both those teams 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Suds for Leonard and a 2

I'd be thrilled if we only got the 2 lol

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And actually you did swear we would get that third round pick back from Tate in the form of comp pick from him

I'd like to see you find that? I said it would be 4th or 5th... surprised he got paid enough to get a 4th.  Look at OTC page... the reason I say that... I've been following them on this subject for a few years... I don't pay attention to other things written, because most of these guys have no clue.  It's not as complicated a formula as people make it.  Their average annual salary in terms of percentage in the league, if they stay on the roster after week 10m.  The other "secret" stuff would be to bump a guy up or down via pay it seems.. if certain incentives are reached. 

Right now... Foles and Tate... 3rd and 4th.   Jmatt, Fort and Sendejo can still factor in.   Don't be surprised... all of a sudden. " we really like how our young guys are progressing " at LB and S... by week 10.  

Regardless... don't count on Suds being here in 2020.  Writing was already penciled on the wall, seems like it's marker now!

Watching the back and forth about comp picks convinces me of one thing.

NOBODY knows how the comp system works.

I'm not convinced the NFL knows how THEIR system works

5 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Watching the back and forth about comp picks convinces me of one thing.

NOBODY knows how the comp system works.

I'm not convinced the NFL knows how THEIR system works

Just go to OTC website... don't worry about anything else.   Those guys know this stuff.   Fell almost exactly how they had it last year.  And year before.  

Patrick Robinson got hurt last year,  Blount didn't play much... the one that got factored in,  was Sturgis getting cut.   Right now... 3rd for Foles, 4th for Tate... Jmatt gets cut before week 10, we lose the 4th... Sendejo and/or Fort get cut before week 10 and we regain one or two.   Could get just one, or possibly 4.  Most likely scenario we get 2. 

The reason why most assumed more... there was assumed to be more of a demand on Jernigan,  Wiz and Darby, whom we all resigned.

Since I don't know how this works,well I DO but not as clear as others and with all the hub bub as of late here is my question on comp picks. Just using him as an example ONLY. Say we would get a comp pick for Worrilow.he signs with the other team,then retires.Ok so WE dealt in good faith.What happens to that pick? I would assume it's just null and void and I also suppose you just take your chances that your trade/loss/cut or however you want to put it dosen't decide to hang it up after the deal was made

Also,this has to come into play now. Houston has to be talking to the Bolts about Gordon.Should be interesting to see what happens.Bolts have basically said "we're fine with Ekeler" and Houston is in serious need of his services

OK well I am off.It's draft day in my private league.Gotta gear up for that as commish.We are one day closer to kick off!!

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Just go to OTC website... don't worry about anything else.   Those guys know this stuff.   Fell almost exactly how they had it last year.  And year before.  

Patrick Robinson got hurt last year,  Blount didn't play much... the one that got factored in,  was Sturgis getting cut.   Right now... 3rd for Foles, 4th for Tate... Jmatt gets cut before week 10, we lose the 4th... Sendejo and/or Fort get cut before week 10 and we regain one or two.   Could get just one, or possibly 4.  Most likely scenario we get 2. 

The reason why most assumed more... there was assumed to be more of a demand on Jernigan,  Wiz and Darby, whom we all resigned.

Blah blah blah. It all started with trying to rationalize a bad move by Rosie giving up a third round pick for half a season rental on Tate. Let’s just come back to the very original point: bad trade by Rosie.

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Any of these players could get hurt and have the same results you are talking about with Robinson. Tate is already borderline falling to a fifth round pick because of suspension. And now because of this BS comp pick system you are talking about cutting Sendejo or Fort(who have looked good by the way) on a contending team week 10. That’s why it’s all making my head hurt. Too many WHAT IFs. If JMatt makes the squad. If we cut Sendejo before week 10. If we cut Fort before week 10. If Tate didn’t get suspended. If Tate signed for more money. If Tate doesn’t get hurt. If Foles doesn’t get hurt. If somebody had signed an injured Darby. If we land a guy on the moon on the third Thursday after the opening of the season. Give it up already. Too many factors to rely on.