DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Also,this has to come into play now. Houston has to be talking to the Bolts about Gordon.Should be interesting to see what happens.Bolts have basically said "we're fine with Ekeler" and Houston is in serious need of his services

And Houston already traded for Duke Johnson. Which isn’t good enough. Never really saw what they paid for him though. But he isn’t a starting back. Strictly a complimentary receiving back.

50 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Watching the back and forth about comp picks convinces me of one thing.

NOBODY knows how the comp system works.

I'm not convinced the NFL knows how THEIR system works

I think it should be SCRAPPED! Too many unforeseen variables. 

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And Houston already traded for Duke Johnson. Which isn’t good enough. Never really saw what they paid for him though. But he isn’t a starting back. Strictly a complimentary receiving back.

Yeah Houston is in deep doo doo.if they got Gordon that would be a nice tandem for them

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Any of these players could get hurt and have the same results you are talking about with Robinson. Tate is already borderline falling to a fifth round pick because of suspension. And now because of this BS comp pick system you are talking about cutting Sendejo or Fort(who have looked good by the way) on a contending team week 10. That’s why it’s all making my head hurt. Too many WHAT IFs. If JMatt makes the squad. If we cut Sendejo before week 10. If we cut Fort before week 10. If Tate didn’t get suspended. If Tate signed for more money. If Tate doesn’t get hurt. If Foles doesn’t get hurt. If somebody had signed an injured Darby. If we land a guy on the moon on the third Thursday after the opening of the season. Give it up already. Too many factors to rely on.

Why don't we just wait until the dust settles? lol.I mean there are a million different scenarios and we could do "what ifs" until kick off

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah Houston is in deep doo doo.if they got Gordon that would be a nice tandem for them

Or like I suggested get Peterson and Williams from the Skins. That would be huge for both teams.

If Houston got Trent Williams at LT and Adrian Pederson at RB they would be SB Contenders.

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If it's no go on Gordon,then I would have to think they would at least inquire about Smalls/Adams.Nowhere near what Gordon is,but Duke is not a workhorse

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or like I suggested get Peterson and Williams from the Skins. That would be huge for both teams.

If Houston got Trent Williams at LT and Adrian Pederson at RB they would be SB Contenders.

Can't say that.Peterson is old.he could surprise yet again,but see him more as a guy in a rotational backfield

28 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

IDK,say you have a situation like Gordon and you decide it's not worth it and you cut him.You have lots of time and money invested in him,so you should be compensated if the player is refusing to play for you

37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Never really saw what they paid for him though.

BOB gave up a 2020 4th that could become a 3rd. With Lamar Miller being done for the year, it will likely end up costing them a 3rd.

Taylor Lewan is suspended four games for PEDs. The very interesting part is that he denied any knowledge of taking Osterene. In fact, as part of his appeal, he took a lie detector test. They denied his appeal and he still is suspended. 

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
54 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

IDK,say you have a situation like Gordon and you decide it's not worth it and you cut him.You have lots of time and money invested in him,so you should be compensated if the player is refusing to play for you

Sorry, revised. How???

Gordon and Elliott hold outs are great! Both good teams that are having to deal with this all offseason. And we’ve gone over all the Zeke and Cowboy factors. But also the Saquan Barkley factor. Can they still feel like it was the right call to take a RB number two? 

Wow Andrew Luck retiring was a bit of a shock....Though I can’t blame the man he has been riddled with injuries last few years and he is a smart guy no need to risk his health more just to play couple more seasons 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gordon and Elliott hold outs are great! Both good teams that are having to deal with this all offseason. And we’ve gone over all the Zeke and Cowboy factors. But also the Saquan Barkley factor. Can they still feel like it was the right call to take a RB number two? 

They are al different situations so hard to compare and really no clue how Barkley will act come extension time....But as of right now would say Barkley is on the same tier as Zeke as a runner without the off the field drama and I like Gordon but he is clearly to me a tier below guys like Zeke and Barkley.....

If your the Giants should have no issues paying Barkley to be your center piece of your O

28 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

They are al different situations so hard to compare and really no clue how Barkley will act come extension time....But as of right now would say Barkley is on the same tier as Zeke as a runner without the off the field drama and I like Gordon but he is clearly to me a tier below guys like Zeke and Barkley.....

If your the Giants should have no issues paying Barkley to be your center piece of your O

Not really hard to compare first round RBs. That’s really what the issue is. The rookie cap keeps young players salaries down. A first round pick the team has a fifth year option. Then they can franchise tag...twice if they need. That puts most any player near thirty. No time left for a RB to cash in like other positional players. The truth is Bell, Zeke and Melvin are right. The system is unfairly setup to screw them. Why would you pay a RB? The system is setup to draft a RB in the first round and not have to come out of pocket until year six(to pay the tag). Which is still a bargain price relatively. Pro athletes all make crazy money compared to the rest of us. So nobody is crying but so much for them. But the market is what it is. 

I think Gordon is an incredible back. But Ekeler is a very good backup. So he eats in to Gordon’s numbers. But that should actually be ideal to lengthen his career. Elliott saw what the Cowboys did to DeMarco Murray. And they were right to give him all those carries and use him. It’s business. But Elliott is right to understand that also. It’s business. Same way Barkley should be looking at it. 

Totally different but yet the same: I use Peters and Sproles. Play them hurt...whatever. Squeeze every last bit of juice out of them. There is no tomorrow as far as business is concerned from the franchise perspective with the two of them. Then come next season and reevaluate from there.

IDK if I'm Houston I give a first to the Bolts.Gordon and Duke would be a super tandem IMO.Bolts have Ekeler and get a round 1-yeah I'd do that if I was them.Win for both clubs long run

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Duke Johnson could be a FF stud in PPR leagues this year now with Miller our for the year 

Yes in PPR a great  pick up

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yes in PPR a great  pick up

Another PPR RB now would be Marlon Mack

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK if I'm Houston I give a first to the Bolts.Gordon and Duke would be a super tandem IMO.Bolts get Ekeler and a round 1-yeah I'd do that if I was them.Win for both clubs long run

You’d give up a first round pick for a one year rental RB? That’s a tough call.

A first round pick for Le’Veon Bell is another story

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You’d give up a first round pick for a one year rental RB? That’s a tough call.

NOOOO he wants a multi year and I would do 2-3 at least.I would not do it for a year contract

I drafted Zeke.He better work out this contract BS ASAP(BTW I hate the guy,bit it's fantasy lol)