DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

NOOOO he wants a multi year and I would do 2-3 at least.I would not do it for a year contract

Well you are trading for a guy with one year left on his contract.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You have to come to terms with the player on an extension to make it more than that. Which he wants to break the bank. So you have to be ready to do that.

Yeah depends if Houston wants to do that or not,that's up to them

IDK what they were paying Miller.Gordon is a better back so depends if they think he's worth the extra

No guarantees he agrees on extension. But let’s assume a team colludes and strikes an agreement with the players agent before they trade for him. Then you are giving up a first round pick for the right to make that player the highest paid at his position. That’s a lot to swallow.

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No guarantees he agrees on extension. But let’s assume a team colludes and strikes an agreement with the players agent before they trade for him. Then you are giving up a first round pick for the right to make that player the highest paid at his position. That’s a lot to swallow.

Yep. But how close are they to contender status.I dont think they are all that far away,so depends if they want to do the win now thing.Maybe not this year but with a few key guys,they would be right there 

Gordon would be one of those key guys

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know they already gave stuff up for Duke,so IDK.Now it gets interesting 

They gave up too much(according to DC). A third or fourth was too steep for Johnson in today’s market. Which is a sixth rounder for Howard.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Any of these players could get hurt and have the same results you are talking about with Robinson. Tate is already borderline falling to a fifth round pick because of suspension. And now because of this BS comp pick system you are talking about cutting Sendejo or Fort(who have looked good by the way) on a contending team week 10. That’s why it’s all making my head hurt. Too many WHAT IFs. If JMatt makes the squad. If we cut Sendejo before week 10. If we cut Fort before week 10. If Tate didn’t get suspended. If Tate signed for more money. If Tate doesn’t get hurt. If Foles doesn’t get hurt. If somebody had signed an injured Darby. If we land a guy on the moon on the third Thursday after the opening of the season. Give it up already. Too many factors to rely on.

Ham... according to OTC I haven't seen anything where injuries come into play.    It's players being cut.  Nor do I see a suspension coming into play.   What seems to come into play is simply the amount of money they sign for and if they remain on the roster.   Tate has a multiple year deal, so he is locked up,  same with Foles.   JMatt, Sendejo and Fort... 3 ifs... if they make the team and stay on the roster til week 10.  

Shouldn't make any head spin... my 5 year old can understand it.  Either the guys are on the team or not, simple. 

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Since I don't know how this works,well I DO but not as clear as others and with all the hub bub as of late here is my question on comp picks. Just using him as an example ONLY. Say we would get a comp pick for Worrilow.he signs with the other team,then retires.Ok so WE dealt in good faith.What happens to that pick? I would assume it's just null and void and I also suppose you just take your chances that your trade/loss/cut or however you want to put it dosen't decide to hang it up after the deal was made

There is no " deal" in a comp pick.. it's a free agent signing and staying on a roster.  So yeah.. if Jmatt retires we lose a comp pick. 

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

There is no " deal" in a comp pick.. it's a free agent signing and staying on a roster.  So yeah.. if Jmatt retires we lose a comp pick. 

OK thx wasn't sure if there was a "well I'm not gonna play now" type clause

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And suspensions come into play. Those four game checks that Tate lost effect his value. And I thought playing time was even a factor. 

Nope. But again.. you like to make things complicated.  Salary and being on the roster.  Other stuff was believed to be in the secret sauce... turns out it's mostly just ketchup.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Gordon/Duke/Hopkins/Fuller not too bad.They could use a better TE and some line guys

I’ve been saying Trent Williams, Adrian Pederson, Hopkins, Fuller, Watson and I like WR Keke Coutee. He’s underrated. Not a stud but pretty good and fast.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Nope. But again.. you like to make things complicated.  Salary and being on the roster.  Other stuff was believed to be in the secret sauce... turns out it's mostly just ketchup.

So we got a comp pick for Patrick Robinson then?

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Forgot you know more than the PhillyVoice,  Joe Banner and me.

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve been saying Trent Williams, Adrian Pederson, Hopkins, Fuller, Watson and I like WR Keke Coutee. He’s underrated. Not a stud but pretty good and fast.

Replace Williams and Peterson with Gordon and Duke and you have a pretty nice O going

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Just go to OTC website... don't worry about anything else.   Those guys know this stuff.   Fell almost exactly how they had it last year.  And year before.  

Patrick Robinson got hurt last year,  Blount didn't play much... the one that got factored in,  was Sturgis getting cut.   Right now... 3rd for Foles, 4th for Tate... Jmatt gets cut before week 10, we lose the 4th... Sendejo and/or Fort get cut before week 10 and we regain one or two.   Could get just one, or possibly 4.  Most likely scenario we get 2. 

The reason why most assumed more... there was assumed to be more of a demand on Jernigan,  Wiz and Darby, whom we all resigned.

Seems like you said the opposite just four hours ago

IDK that a 4 game suspension is going to hurt his value all that much.Tate has to play because other than Shep,they really have noone else(aka packing 17 game stats into 13 games)

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK that a 4 game suspension is going to hurt his value all that much.Tate has to play because other than Shep,they really have noone else(aka packing 17 game stats into 13 games)

It cost him four game checks. Meaning he made that much less this season. Which many(other than No Mas...sometimes) think affects the comp pick value. 9.375 average he signed for. But he loses four game checks from that this season. Making him at 8.7 mil ...or something.