DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

20 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

" Pullard made 10 starts in 22 games played for Los Angeles over the last two seasons. He logged 90 total tackles, one interception, and one pass defensed during that span. "

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/8/27/20835088/hayes-pullard-eagles-linebacker-asantay-brown-philadelphia-news-chargers-jaguars-cardinals-football?utm_campaign=bleedinggreennation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Seems like a little upgrade from Brown,so they are still looking to get upgrades even if they are small. Little things DO matter(as we all know) so I'm all for getting the best here we can get even in BU roles

51 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

You mean it's not JP, Vaitai, Wisniewski, Mailata, Clement, Pumphrey, Smallwood, Agholor, Alshon, Ertz and Dillard for Clowney?

FIRE EVERYONE!!! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE

I know.Who is Lombardi at WIP? Everytime a name player is up,they go insane "OH we're gonna get him here" lol They are like Jr high school cheerleaders

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know.Who is Lombardi at WIP? Everytime a name player is up,they go insane "OH we're gonna get him here" lol They are like Jr high school cheerleaders

I've been calling Mike Lombardi out on Twitter, just like I did when he said Doug was the least qualified HC candidate he's seen in all his 30 years, so far, nothing.

14 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I've been calling Mike Lombardi out on Twitter, just like I did when he said Doug was the least qualified HC candidate he's seen in all his 30 years, so far, nothing.

Guess he hasn't seen much in 30 years,or he had blinders on the whole way lol.I hope his income is high enough to keep replacing his pom poms

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Guess he hasn't seen much in 30 years,or he had blinders on the whole way lol.I hope his income is high enough to keep replacing his pom poms

His last NFL job didn't go so well, he worked in the Browns front office with Joe Banner.

IDK,what makes the most sense to me would be Clowney for Gordon in some kind of weird deal

15 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

His last NFL job didn't go so well, he worked in the Browns front office with Joe Banner.

case closed-NEXT

Just tossing this out for whatever reason I need to toss it out.I REALLY would like to go back to the 2 cut down system.It allows you to cut the guys you already know you are cutting and spend more time evaluating the others left on the bubble.It also avoids the mad rush all in one or two days trying to grab a few players you want for depth.But,it doesn't matter what I think

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just tossing this out for whatever reason I need to toss it out.I REALLY would like to go back to the 2 cut down system.It allows you to cut the guys you already know you are cutting and spend more time evaluating the others left on the bubble.It also avoids the mad rush all in one or two days trying to grab a few players you want for depth.But,it doesn't matter what I think

Don’t agree. I’ve always wondered why they did any cuts before the final preseason game. No starters ever play the fourth preseason game. Several backups even sit. This is the one game all these guys can get some extended film on their play. And why force such limited rosters to play in this final game? Coaches  didnt want to risk guys so they even were forced to play guys out of position. This is the one game the full ninety man roster is really useful.

Agree w/ you Ham - the more time/players we get to evaluate, the better off we are. Howie seems to like it as well. Read an article the other day about how many more players Howie's brought in than other teams have - and that was prior to the last 2 signings! Makes total sense.

40 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Agree w/ you Ham - the more time/players we get to evaluate, the better off we are. Howie seems to like it as well. Read an article the other day about how many more players Howie's brought in than other teams have - and that was prior to the last 2 signings! Makes total sense.

I think Ham's biggest point was that we don't want to play anyone we know is making the team in this final game.... and cutting down the roster before means that some guys may have to not only play, but play too much in the meaningless game.   The guys getting cut, let them get extra playing time.  It helps them while protecting the players who are already in.  

Nick Foles.... karma... or divine intervention,  whatever you want to call it.  Andrew Luck retires, Lamar Miller out for season... all of a sudden Jax looking better in the AFC South!    

Curious, thought Tre Sullivan was bound for the PS as we need S next yr. Guess we've seen all of him we want to

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t agree. I’ve always wondered why they did any cuts before the final preseason game. No starters ever play the fourth preseason game. Several backups even sit. This is the one game all these guys can get some extended film on their play. And why force such limited rosters to play in this final game? Coaches  didnt want to risk guys so they even were forced to play guys out of position. This is the one game the full ninety man roster is really useful.

Why evaluate players you are gonna cut anyway? Like i said time better spent on the ? mark players.Your talking about 15 guys 15!!!! 90-75-53.So last pre game play the gatorade guys, cheerleaders or anyone you can find in the parking lot who cares?

Just wanted to put this up.It was the best game ever as an Eagles fan.Lots of close up slo-mo in here.Let do this again!!!!

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why evaluate players you are gonna cut anyway? Like i said time better spent on the ? mark players.Your talking about 15 guys 15!!!! 90-75-53.So last pre game play the gatorade guys, cheerleaders or anyone you can find in the parking lot who cares?

Yes... because you don't really care as much if they get hurt .... or more importantly ... you don't need to play players you are probably going to keep the whole game.   Those extra 15 guys can help avoid injuries for players 50 to 75.  

I was watching old Wentz film,this guy can WING it.I keep forgetting how strong his arm is even when he is off balance

Clowney talk all day so far here ... that and Rhys Hoskins dropping the ball.... lol

Soooo apparently McCown contract includes he gets to coach high school football in Charlotte.....Definitely see a guy that is going to be happy to move down to #3 QB when suds is healthy.....

Gets what 2m to hold a clipboard hopefully doesn’t have to put his body through a beating, gets to be on a contender possible chance at a ring..... and oh still gets to keep the job he wants to do after...

10 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Soooo apparently McCown contract includes he gets to coach high school football in Charlotte.....Definitely see a guy that is going to be happy to move down to #3 QB when suds is healthy.....

Gets what 2m to hold a clipboard hopefully doesn’t have to put his body through a beating, gets to be on a contender possible chance at a ring..... and oh still gets to keep the job he wants to do after...

Yeah .... like you said .... easy sell.   Not so much needing to be #2 ... although, that could still easily happen ... he will be #2 to start, that's for sure.  

All these trade rumors... lol.   With injuries, hold outs, a preception of depth in certain spots ... and a wheeler dealer as a GM ... it makes for great talk.  

"If you give up a 3rd for a few games of Golden Tate, why wouldn't you give up a 3rd for a whole year of Clowney"   
" If Agholor and or Big V are going to leave after this year, why not include them in a trade"  Big V is a backup and Agholor is like #6 as far as weapons go"      

These are the talks on the radio today.    Every writer over the weekend brinigng up Suds to Indy too....  LOL

Fun times!  

I think the media/writers should stick to the facts, NOT the speculations or assumptions. 

Of course we know that's not what they get paid for.