DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I would also look at Thompson(RB-KC) Hearing good things about him. He won't start but imagine as the season goes along he will get some snaps in.He's too good to sit all year IMO and they will need to break him in and Andy loves his RB's

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is Campbell still there?

No, he went the next pick (7 before me) after I made my original post yesterday.  I have all the positions filled, the roster is 30, I started the draft with 20.  I took the Bill's defense,  6 more spots,  I passed on Haskins. Might take him if he is still there next. Otherwise I will wait a few rounds for Preston Williams,  Renfro and Love and try to get 3 more vets to stash. Might take a 4th defense to block at this point...lol.  

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Thanks, Love is the only one left on the main list, dude from KC gone, and the bottom 3 from the additional 5 are still there.  So far down the rookie list yet though.  In this type league, the waiver wire is crucial... a lot of these guys will go undrafted as far as deep sleepers.  2nd and 3rd year guys who emerge will be there too.  It's weird, not normal fantasy play. 

Wondering how many players that make the 53 man roster play tonight. I’m thinking less than half. Along the lines and ST.  Which I think Fipp’s units would be the focus of the coaches in evaluation. I don’t really want Elliott to risk injury either. KOs I don’t want him attempting a tackle. I don’t want him in a position to take a big block. Don’t even think I’d attempt a field goal. We don’t really need live game experience work with that group. So then you just have Elliott kickoff and he can run straight off the field as far as I’m concerned. I don’t want to risk the P either but that is a big area of evaluation tonight on the coverage. A little bit of extra risk though. Because these roster bubble guys might go too far to try and block a kick.

If I'm the Redskins and Texans I'm making a trade Williams and AP for Clowney. If I'm the Eagles I'm offering Agholor, Clement and a 4th.

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Thanks, Love is the only one left on the main list, dude from KC gone, and the bottom 3 from the additional 5 are still there.  So far down the rookie list yet though.  In this type league, the waiver wire is crucial... a lot of these guys will go undrafted as far as deep sleepers.  2nd and 3rd year guys who emerge will be there too.  It's weird, not normal fantasy play. 

ok isnt there also a rook TE in Oakland? I guess I dont get dynasty drafts,was never in one

24 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

If I'm the Redskins and Texans I'm making a trade Williams and AP for Clowney. If I'm the Eagles I'm offering Agholor, Clement and a 4th.

Clowney with a cap hit of $15,967,200  

Redskins have $11.3 .. 11.4 mil under the cap.    Trading Williams and AP saves them about another $3.7 mil      $15.1 mil total room created. 

Eagles have $18.8 mil under the cap ... trading Agholor saves about $9.4  ... financially, it's much easier for the Eagles to do it.  

Seattle has $20 mil of space  

Miami has about $26 mil of space.     

Figured to throw in the last 2 since it seems they are the teams involved.    Probably why you hear these 3 teams the most.   This is why I started paying attention to salary cap in the first place, to try to understand how it impacted the ability to make thse type of moves.  Pure player persepctive ... Houston and Washington trade makes the most sense.   Doesn't fit with the cap though.  

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wondering how many players that make the 53 man roster play tonight. I’m thinking less than half. Along the lines and ST.  Which I think Fipp’s units would be the focus of the coaches in evaluation. I don’t really want Elliott to risk injury either. KOs I don’t want him attempting a tackle. I don’t want him in a position to take a big block. Don’t even think I’d attempt a field goal. We don’t really need live game experience work with that group. So then you just have Elliott kickoff and he can run straight off the field as far as I’m concerned. I don’t want to risk the P either but that is a big area of evaluation tonight on the coverage. A little bit of extra risk though. Because these roster bubble guys might go too far to try and block a kick.

Maybe Karly kicks in this game?

56 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I'd do that but offer Smalls instead of Clement

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ok isnt there also a rook TE in Oakland? I guess I dont get dynasty drafts,was never in one

Darren Waller is the guy listed on ESPN as the 22nd TE (as of the ranking I used last night)   The rookie TE is named Foster Moreau.    I took Fant to add to my collection ...lol  The Minn and GB rookies are still there ... Irv Smith Jr. and Jace Sternberger... these guys aren't in the top 35 list .. but Dawson Knox from Buffalo is and he is the only TE listed from Buffalo.  Might be my late late flyer...  by the pace of this thing, it will probably be Labor day when we finish.... on pick 43 and we have to make 110 total picks...lol.  

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Clowney with a cap hit of $15,967,200  

Redskins have $11.3 .. 11.4 mil under the cap.    Trading Williams and AP saves them about another $3.7 mil      $15.1 mil total room created. 

According to OTC, trading Williams now saves the Redskins 11 million in cap room

Welp Zeke still is not "signed" and starting to worry about my fantasy rosters.I have Gordon stashed in another league(BU).They need to move these deadlines up aka if you don't sign by pre week 2 you aint playing this year

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Darren Waller is the guy listed on ESPN as the 22nd TE (as of the ranking I used last night)   The rookie TE is named Foster Moreau.    I took Fant to add to my collection ...lol  The Minn and GB rookies are still there ... Irv Smith Jr. and Jace Sternberger... these guys aren't in the top 35 list .. but Dawson Knox from Buffalo is and he is the only TE listed from Buffalo.  Might be my late late flyer...  by the pace of this thing, it will probably be Labor day when we finish.... on pick 43 and we have to make 110 total picks...lol.  

Fant has upside,believe he will show you that if you are patient

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

She has a soccer game tonight in the Linc

Oh well woulda have been an interesting way to try her out,not for here,but to showcase that she can indeed play in the NFL

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Clement is a RFA next year... would prefer him too... but its #4 RB... I wouldn't hld that up.... but being that we are giving one years rentals to each other and we are saving Houston cap space ... not sure if or how much draft capital I would include.   If they want a 4th, I want a 5th -7th back.  

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

According to OTC, trading Williams now saves the Redskins 11 million in cap room

Mike... not sure you are doing it right ... go in the corner and change the "cut pre June 1" to "trade post June 1"   you see how it changes things?    

Believe Houston will ride this out. Alot of RB's will be cut(usable ones) Maybe no "stars" but usable and they don't need to trade Clowney to do that.It would take and outstanding offer.Washington has alot of backs,they arent keeping them all 

Not understanding Agholor’s value to the Texans? They have the slot covered. And we already shopped Agholor and nobody bit....because of his contract situation. Might as well just use him and collect that...ugh barf comp pick. Or we have a chance to resign him(especially if we moved on from Alshon. I’m not suggesting to do so but everything is an option).

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Oops... you ar correct ... I was looking at the wrong # ...lol    So Washington could squeeze in Clowney.    Would it makes sense though for them to get him on a one year when they aren't really a contender?    Long term sure.   I think he wants to go to a contender for this one year.  Get more spotlight, then cash in.   If I'm the Skins .. probably look to trade Williams elsewhere????  But for sure it makes sense then.  

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Not understanding Agholor’s value to the Texans? They have the slot covered. And we already shipped Agholor and nobody bit....because of his contract situation. Might as well just use him and collect that...ugh barf comp pick. Or we have a chance to resign him(especially if we moved on from Alshon. I’m not suggesting to do so but everything is an option).

Who is there slot WR?   

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Oops... you ar correct ... I was looking at the wrong # ...lol    So Washington could squeeze in Clowney.    Would it makes sense though for them to get him on a one year when they aren't really a contender?    Long term sure.   I think he wants to go to a contender for this one year.  Get more spotlight, then cash in.   If I'm the Skins .. probably look to trade Williams elsewhere????  But for sure it makes sense then.  

Who is there slot WR?   

Coutee

Just now, downundermike said:

Did what you said, row 3, caps savings 12.75 million 

B321E7D3-0AD7-41E4-BC83-C1AF408B4E8C.jpeg

Yeah ... my bad I was looking at the number on the left.