DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

GB - Was going to ask you about the cane, but after we practically begged you to leave the CAT4 last yr, why bother?

As for your fantasy RB, you'll always do better w/ a feature back then a RB by committee - obvious. As far as RB by committee, you could do a lot worse than Sanders

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - Was going to ask you about the cane, but after we practically begged you to leave the CAT4 last yr, why bother?

As for your fantasy RB, you'll always do better w/ a feature back then a RB by committee - obvious. As far as RB by committee, you could do a lot worse than Sanders

My wife actually flew to Arcadia Florida to spend time with her sister

I made sure the life insurance policy was up to date.

What really sucked about last nights' game is that now TJ Edwards and Wilkins will never make it to PS once they clear.

It also sucks that a guy on IR counts towards the 53, a player on suspension doesn't!

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

What really sucked about last nights' game is that now TJ Edwards and Wilkins will never make it to PS once they clear.

It also sucks that a guy on IR counts towards the 53, a player on suspension doesn't!

Why would someone on IR count toward the 53?

They don't during the regular season.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp,this Clowney BS just isn't going away. Players we may trade -AG,Mailata,Big V. He's good but paying elite money? I don't see it because A)we really DONT blitz very often and that's one of his strongest points.B) We don't even draft LB's high at all.If we wanted one we would have gotten one in the last 3 drafts

Add another name Jordan Howard he could be trade bait as well. 

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

Well for some insane reason a RB was not on their "want" list lol

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

The thing thats the "issue" for me is,it's a 1 year rental and that's a steep price to pay for 1 year.COULD re-sign him to a longer contract,but right now I just can't justify it.True Jordan is also a 1 year,but we got him cheap enough,not so with Clowney

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Well he won't get near the stats Zeke would,but he's the best BU I have on my roster

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Nope,I don't evac,never have,never will

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

My wife actually flew to Arcadia Florida to spend time with her sister

I made sure the life insurance policy was up to date.

Good idea,Arcadia is about 1 hour from me.My house is a fortress.I smoke and have 5 dogs,but I have room for 5 if they get in a pinch.Just saying

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Good idea,Arcadia is about 1 hour from me.My house is a fortress.I smoke and have 5 dogs,but I have room for 5 if they get in a pinch.Just saying

Thanx. Her house survived Charlie so i'm not worried.

57 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Thanx. Her house survived Charlie so i'm not worried.

NP,but the offer is there

Do we put Rodgers on IR or waive him? Ellis looks up and coming, kinda like him. Good hands, think he used to be a WR.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The thing thats the "issue" for me is,it's a 1 year rental and that's a steep price to pay for 1 year.COULD re-sign him to a longer contract,but right now I just can't justify it.True Jordan is also a 1 year,but we got him cheap enough,not so with Clowney

We did that with Golden Tate...and might lose the comp pick for Tate Include the third rounder we gave up to acquire Tate....CLowney when healthy is as good as there is in the league, an elite talent We want another SB trophy this year, why not.... I read Texans biggest need is for a left tackle and they really don’t have any leverage,  because the deadline passed to sign players this year, Clowney has to play on the Tag if, when he signs... No one is giving up anything without guaranteeing Clowney sign a long term deal and the Texans can’t force him anywhere until he signed that Tag Texans lost there leverage to demand much compensation. That is why Miami May have the money but reports say Clowney wants to be with a Championship caliber team Eagles, Seagals are his preferences.

@GreenbleedinFL I have a home in Lehigh acres Fl, where my youngest Daughter goes to school at Kaiser told me she will never live in Maryland again after living in Fl her second year...and will only come to MD in the Summer. I guess she will be keeping my property for now. We just argued about her Cane preparation they didn’t evacuate for the last Cat 4 she is 23 and will be the first Doctor from my batch of 6...she is even more obstinate than you about coming home for a week😥

20 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Do we put Rodgers on IR or waive him? Ellis looks up and coming, kinda like him. Good hands, think he used to be a WR.

I read earlier that we want to keep Rodgers he went on IR last year and we signed him to a new contract some think he might be IR again, with his latest foot injury, but he is signed this yr.

Thought the plan was for him to PS. Thought you released players you want on PS last minute

McKinnon, Singleton gone too. Singleton had a heck of a game last night, not enough, McKinnon neither

An NFL practice squad typically is made up of rookies and undrafted free agents who the team recently cut. Each team can carry up to four veterans - who can have no more than two accrued NFL seasons (six games on the 53-man roster qualifies as an accrued season) - on its practice squad, and a player can't be on a given practice squad for more than three seasons.

Once in a while you just gotta love Bruce Arians -  "The players may need fewer PS games, the officials need 6"

9 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Why would the Eagles trade a RB they just traded for a few months ago?

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't know, read it this am, unless they're wrong

Players put on IR don't count towards the 53 man roster.

From September last year

Injured Reserve (IR)

NFL teams are permitted to place any number of players on Injured Reserve at the start of the season. Any player on the IR list counts against the salary cap, but not against the 53-man roster limit. These players are ineligible to play again for the same team during the current season, but they can be cut and then go on to sign with another team. These players may not practice with their team at any time, but can attend team meetings and be around the team. Last year for the first time the NFL changed the IR rules to allow for two NFL players from each team to be eligible to come off IR after eight weeks of being on the list...

That sounds better DC. Sounded screwy but never know w/ rule changes, wondered if I missed it.