DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Show me the money... All that talent in the hands of an idiot... Kraft might not have a problem with this in light of his dealings with a prostitution ring. Money talks... it will all go away soon...Maybe his wife will make a Big Splash next and start a Reality Show about Dumba$$ pros. 

20 minutes ago, trini said:

Show me the money... All that talent in the hands of an idiot... Kraft might not have a problem with this in light of his dealings with a prostitution ring. Money talks... it will all go away soon...Maybe his wife will make a Big Splash next and start a Reality Show about Dumba$$ pros. 

Too many young men think with the small head too much

I guess I did at that age too. I just never had any money.

Fun part on the news this am up here is that Den Thomas deal wasn't finalized yet, not that NE would reneg on it but legally prolly could.

Also AB hasn't been issued a number

27 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Fun part on the news this am up here is that Den Thomas deal wasn't finalized yet, not that NE would reneg on it but legally prolly could.

Also AB hasn't been issued a number

He'd be grea tto have but they dont need him.Looks like Josh Gordon finally got his sh** together

25 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

As for our Eagles, secondary ranked 24th. Won't do this week. We'll see what changes happen.

Sad to know there are 8 teams worse than us lol

Interesting - NFL and NE say they were unaware of the lawsuit prior to the AB signing. However, AB's agent Drew Rosenhaus says that it was something "they" were prepared for. I'm assuming the "they" means Drew and AB. How can you enter into a contract w/ a team w/o giving them a heads up?

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Interesting - NFL and NE say they were unaware of the lawsuit prior to the AB signing. However, AB's agent Drew Rosenhaus says that it was something "they" were prepared for. I'm assuming the "they" means Drew and AB. How can you enter into a contract w/ a team w/o giving them a heads up?

I'm sure the Pats have an out.Kinda weird though that his decison to leave Oakland mysteriously corresonds with the time the suit was filed.Co-incidence? 

24th ranked secondary won't get you a ring IMO.So far Jones is not looking like a round 1 pick(he was before the injury).He's ok,maybe he will get it back,but really we need to invest in DB's in the draft,which I know is not our history but we struggle with this every year.It would be ice to at least get ONE side locked in for a few years,but we either can't find the players,or we can't seem to develop them.OK ranked 24 after 1 game,means I won't panic,but I really need to see them improve because the sledding is only going to get tougher

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

24th ranked secondary won't get you a ring IMO.So far Jones is not looking like a round 1 pick(he was before the injury).He's ok,maybe he will get it back,but really we need to invest in DB's in the draft,which I know is not our history but we struggle with this every year.It would be ice to at least get ONE side locked in for a few years,but we either can't find the players,or we can't seem to develop them.OK ranked 24 after 1 game,means I won't panic,but I really need to see them improve because the sledding is only going to get tougher

Having to agree with you here. We need a secondary that doesn't rely on the DL getting the pressure to throw the QB off. We can't rely on our front 4 to get it done every play. Sometimes they need help and sometimes they need to know they are going to get that little bit extra time to get home. We need to build our secondary despite investing picks there. Those picks haven't really worked out.

Should be a great test for the secondary this week.Covering Jones takes skill(so does Coop). I will be keying in on that this week..Hope we don't fall behind this week.We can do that vs the skins and although I'm not terribly afraid of the ATL defense,they can score more than the Skinnies did and coming back would be a bit tougher than last week

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm sure the Pats have an out.Kinda weird though that his decison to leave Oakland mysteriously corresonds with the time the suit was filed.Co-incidence? 

You're not the only one that wondered if this was coincidental or not. IDK if there's any relevance, but ALL of this smells fishy. 

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Dullaz trash talking us already.They carved up our secondary last year,so it's warranted. I hate them,but they have a point

I haven't seen anything on that front yet. But I say, let them run their mouthes. We'll just have to see what happens on the field come wk 7 Oct 20th. Hopefully our players can remain classy. 

So abouthte secondary.   Which guy do we feel is a finished product?   Like to where he can't get better?   He is already such a veteran and can't really learn more?   Also, will guys get better with time as they play with each other?   

Just remembering the cockiness of some of the posters as to "Zul" being the stud and obivous mistake that Schwartz didn't play him all the time?   IDK, we were missing the starting CB from the last 2 years in Mills.  could be reason he started over these other guys?  

While not great.  And probably not even good.   It's the part of the team that is going to be ranked low however you look at it.  We score, teams are going to have to score on us.  I doubt our run defense will be that poor to where they won't have to pass on us.   I don't really look at the rankings right now... what I saw from Sunday are some plays that were left on the table.    Make the tackle (Sendejo who is costing us a comp pick right now) .. catch the ball (Darby who has awful hands)   and cover better ... (everybody's main man "Zul" )    We will give up points and we wil give up yards, its the nature of the game now in 2019.   But we need to make the plays and limit the dumb mistakes... missed tackles and better communication.  That should improve as the season goes on with more playing time.   

My concern.  We lost Jackson already ... seems the norm for us lately with injuries.  What happens to the pass rush with another injury?  One less body to take reps and prevent the rest of the guys from getting worn down as the season goes along.  Last year... you saw the pass rush weaken as the games got further along.  We will see what happens this year, but at this point we will need one of the young guys to step up.  

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Dullaz trash talking us already.They carved up our secondary last year,so it's warranted. I hate them,but they have a point

Dallas will start 3-0 ... so it will only get worse from that end.  But will make the usual crash even more fun.  Just pay Dak already Jerry... what else does he need to prove...lol

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I haven't seen anything on that front yet. But I say, let them run their mouthes. We'll just have to see what happens on the field come wk 7 Oct 20th. Hopefully our players can remain classy. 

Last game,in game Coop(I think it was Coop) was saying after he scored "wow that was easier than Philly" lol

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

So abouthte secondary.   Which guy do we feel is a finished product?   Like to where he can't get better?   He is already such a veteran and can't really learn more?   Also, will guys get better with time as they play with each other?   

Just remembering the cockiness of some of the posters as to "Zul" being the stud and obivous mistake that Schwartz didn't play him all the time?   IDK, we were missing the starting CB from the last 2 years in Mills.  could be reason he started over these other guys?  

While not great.  And probably not even good.   It's the part of the team that is going to be ranked low however you look at it.  We score, teams are going to have to score on us.  I doubt our run defense will be that poor to where they won't have to pass on us.   I don't really look at the rankings right now... what I saw from Sunday are some plays that were left on the table.    Make the tackle (Sendejo who is costing us a comp pick right now) .. catch the ball (Darby who has awful hands)   and cover better ... (everybody's main man "Zul" )    We will give up points and we wil give up yards, its the nature of the game now in 2019.   But we need to make the plays and limit the dumb mistakes... missed tackles and better communication.  That should improve as the season goes on with more playing time.   

My concern.  We lost Jackson already ... seems the norm for us lately with injuries.  What happens to the pass rush with another injury?  One less body to take reps and prevent the rest of the guys from getting worn down as the season goes along.  Last year... you saw the pass rush weaken as the games got further along.  We will see what happens this year, but at this point we will need one of the young guys to step up.  

Yeah we are keeping a roster spot open for something lol.We shall see

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah our run D is fine,which causes teams to throw on us,which  is the can of worms that gets opened.Pick your poison Maybe we should let them run on us a bit,sandbag a little bit for later in the game,then put the clamps on