DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I hope we call Minkah.They want a first,give it to them.minkah,Mills,Jones and now you have some tools to work with

Douglas etc. changing DB's 14 times(per pre game show) is not a good thing

And I want to beat the crap out of AG.he made some clutch grabs,but seriously that was a walk in 6 and for 9 mil I expect you to catch those

And as 58 said Jjaw and Hollins are not ready for prime time which surpised me especially since Goedert was out and Jjaw is supposedly a master of the block out

Now we need to see WHO we have next week that can play-UGH 

OK I'm out.Wentz showed me he has the heart,he just didn't have the personnel tonight

Cutting Hester is hurting us also. Spence had to play way too much. And he didn’t hold his ground. Two questionable decisions on the 53 cutdown. Both seemed to come back to bite us tonight.

Clement looked like he broke his collar bone. Hopefully not. Jernigan was in a walking boot after the game. Groin injury for DJax you would think means out weeks. Goedert and Jeffrey calf injuries just don’t know. Enough to keep them from playing lends me to think they aren’t playing next week...at least.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Clement looked like he broke his collar bone. Hopefully not. Jernigan was in a walking boot after the game. Groin injury for DJax you would think means out weeks. Goedert and Jeffrey calf injuries just don’t know. Enough to keep them from playing lends me to think they aren’t playing next week...at least.

I think that's a fair assessment at this point without further information. Jernigan in a walking boot... doesn't that sound familiar. 

You'll never convince me there isn't a problem either with the conditioning or medical staff.

I've never seen 3 soft tissue injuries basically before the game even started before

JJAW targeted 4 times, was 1/4 for 4 yds. Didn't track it last night but have to wonder if the coverage was that good or if he and Wentz just haven't had enough time together yet. Still believe JJAW will be a good weapon once they develop together

Brandon Lee Gowton‏Verified account @BrandonGowton

Derek Barnett has 6 QB hits through his first two games this year. Leads the team.

We're giving up an avg 370 yds/game passing.

If Fitz is the cure for that - get him. If not, cure it. Personally I don't think the problem is in the slot, we're lacking in coverage deep.

21 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

If Fitz is the cure for that - get him. If not, cure it. Personally I don't think the problem is in the slot, we're lacking in coverage deep.

Darby was beat 3 times on long balls.

Lucky they only connected on one.

I thought Hollins did a pretty good job.

I have to wonder what does Doug have against running off tackle when you have two of the top tackles in the NFL.

50 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Fitz was HS CB,Alabama changed him to S,so my belief is he can play either or is at least familiar with the CB position and what is required.For a young guy on his second year that has 1 years experience behind him,I believe he is worth the first round asking price.He has no major injury record that I know of and he is basically at LEAST a solid player at this point on a team thats tanking on purpose.I would pick when the fruit is ripe and thats Fitz to me

We gave them a run,with injuries and missing players.What would have happened to them say if both Julio and Ridley were out? That's what we faced.We did the best we could under totally difficult circumstances.I am not hanging my head.I am proud that we fought all game(well the second half,the first half we were trash) and possibly could have won it with 6 INCHES more yardage on the Ertz reception

Believe Fitz said his best position is slot and he does not like being moved around like he has been. His mom doesn't like it either, could count towards where he wants to go

And so,we wait for medical updates,but these injuries this early are once again concerning.McCown did an adeqaute job filling in and it could be argued he actually got us to come alive.Gutsy for Wentz to come back in.IMO McCown should have finished that drive,but that is just me

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Believe Fitz said his best position is slot and he does not like being moved around like he has been. His mom doesn't like it either, could count towards where he wants to go

He was the one who requested he be traded,so tell mom TOUGH

So my question now is,with all the rules changes over the last say 5 years why are there MORE injuries than ever? At least it seems that way.No longer is football "tough guys",they are fragile ceramic pieces not stone cold iron like before

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And so,we wait for medical updates,but these injuries this early are once again concerning.McCown did an adeqaute job filling in and it could be argued he actually got us to come alive.Gutsy for Wentz to come back in.IMO McCown should have finished that drive,but that is just me

He was the one who requested he be traded,so tell mom TOUGH

At any rate once again we are in trouble in the secondary and every year it's the same BS.Jones is "ok" but he needs to show me round 1 potential and so far he's not doing it(I know we got him in 2 due to injury,still.....).Coop will decimate us like Julio did and seriously can we contend in the playoffs(if we make it there) with this secondary as it is? I think not.Besides Coop if we make post season we have to contend maybe with Saints receivers,Rams,Houston,Vikes,pats or whomever else shows up and right now we can't stop nuttin 

OH and Agh better get his dropsies fixed(again).I saw the pass heading his way and shouted YES!!!! That was a walk in 6 and he dropped it and I was like OMG his problems are back.This after game 1 when he was miffed he didn't get many targets.Not a real good response to that is it? But he was the best we had 

38 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

This kid is from this PA area grew up watching McNabb... is an Eagles fan. I’ve read about his versatility. We’re seeing we need better talent. Darby was unable to keep up with the speed and quickness of Ridley and Julio. Thought Sydney Jones played very well...Jones was very physical, fast and quick... he showed up last night. Jernnigan out with a broken foot. 

I was PO’ed last night ...A....we lost.... B ....our greatest and most talented positions with depth, those players are now on the bench, BothDJax and Ashlon....Malik  Jackson , Timmy,,  Goddert positions we considered strengths with Quality depth has been eradicated... Just like that.

Carson got hurt when he took that shot to his ribs... Kid made me proud how he toughed it out. Carson battled like an Eagle team should... a team expected to fight, scrape, scrap, win....This loss will make my QB a lot stronger.

Breeze out 6 weeks. Big Ben done for the season. Eagles are becoming a MASH unit again....crazy.

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At any rate once again we are in trouble in the secondary and every year it's the same BS.Jones is "ok" but he needs to show me round 1 potential and so far he's not doing it(I know we got him in 2 due to injury,still.....).Coop will decimate us like Julio did and seriously can we contend in the playoffs(if we make it there) with this secondary as it is? I think not.Besides Coop if we make post season we have to contend maybe with Saints receivers,Rams,Houston,Vikes or whomever else shows up and right now we can't stop nuttin 

Did you see ATL ..LT come out and flatten Sydney that block is what freed up Julio when he ran away from the rest of the team . Jones was our best corner last night

15 minutes ago, trini said:

Did you see ATL ..LT come out and flatten Sydney that block is what freed up Julio when he ran away from the rest of the team . Jones was our best corner last night

Not on that play lol