DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, trini said:

Did you see ATL ..LT come out and flatten Sydney that block is what freed up Julio when he ran away from the rest of the team . Jones was our best corner last night

I thought that was #29 Maddox. I could be mistaken though. 

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At any rate once again we are in trouble in the secondary and every year it's the same BS.Jones is "ok" but he needs to show me round 1 potential and so far he's not doing it(I know we got him in 2 due to injury,still.....).Coop will decimate us like Julio did and seriously can we contend in the playoffs(if we make it there) with this secondary as it is? I think not.Besides Coop if we make post season we have to contend maybe with Saints receivers,Rams,Houston,Vikes,pats or whomever else shows up and right now we can't stop nuttin 

RELAX. It's one game. The Falcons audibled to the perfect play. Can't blame that on Sidney Jones. Give Matt Ryan credit. Nice job on his part.  PLayoffs? Playoffs?  No. NO. No!  Let's focus on the opponent THIS week only.  NOthing else matters.  The backups need to step up.  If they want to be starters in this league, now is their chance to show it.  I know you are pissed GBFL.  We are all bummed and disappointed. It's a long season. The team has to find a way to shake it off and find a way to play better next week and win.  Period!

The Saints need to at least go 3-3 without Brees or their season will be toast too.  I'm not a fan of Bridgewater. His story is nice, but he never impressed in Minnesota BEFORE the major injury.

Tough loss.  A few observations...

Darby ... again, people love to kill Mills.  The guy who gets beat, gets penalized, yet doesn't seem to give up TDs when it counts.... last week "Zul" popular player on here was toast ... this week Darby was extra crispy.  IDK, maybe people start figuring out why Mills was the starter?    To note with Darby... Falcons scored on first drive of the half... Julio vs Darby.... then no points until their last drive.  Darby was taken out, and it took a bubble screen for ATL to score in basically a whole half of play.  IDK, what if Darby never played?  would be interesting, but 24 points not bad vs that offense in their dome.

The trend continues... when we start a drive with a run or a pass to a RB  (you could argue same as run)  ... we score.... 4 times last night led to a score.... one other drive started off well with a run until Seumalo holding call killed it.... all 6 drives that started with a pass other than to a RB ... ZERO.    Coincidence probably... just that this coincidence goes back to last year.  Another related coincidence, Doug likes to start out passing the ball on the first play of the game, team has coincidentally struggled in the 1st quarter ... coincidentally, I'm wondering if its a coincidence... you follow?  Maybe Wentz under center 1st and #24 up the gut on first play next week?????  

Injuries at the same position again.  One could easily argue DT was our best position on the roster, losing Jackson and Jernigan with Cox still getting in shape ... all of a sudden you have 2018 RB and CB situation again.  

As Ham said earlier, 2 TEs on the roster was strange.  Obviously Rodgers if healthy would have dressed, and would have meant we could have kept in some of those 2 TE sets.  We didn't expect the 3rd TE do be significant (other than injury) well, the injury happened.  Be curious to see what would have happened had Ertz been out for a few plays?    

Nothing more annoying than seeing guys not play without it being some kind of highlight where they got hurt?  Not a good look for the player, i'm sure the injuries were legit, just bad appearance IMO.  

My nitpick of Doug .. similar to Andy, a little clueless via the clock last night.    1:11 left in game with ball on 18.   That's all day... get a first down with 15 seconds left and you get 4 tries on 1st and goal to score.  Run the ball on 1st down there, get the clock moving.  instead, throw into the endzone... great, lets score and leave over a minute for ATL to tie it with a FG?????    Ryan kneels the ball at the 9 with 30 seconds left... a rush to nowhere Andy Reid style.  Flashbacks of 14 years with that for me.   

28 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Seu with the worst grade that PFF has EVER given an O lineman

I will at least give him that it was a difficult matchup. But he got owned. Peters was only slightly better unfortunately.

No Mas , a few observations on your observations: Darby was playing with outside leverage. Seems pretty obvious that he was supposed to force the receiver back inside. That tells me on a post route  that’s the S responsibility. So Ryan was actually targeting Sendejo on a few of those. Sendejo was unfortunately lost staring into the backfield.

I see Ramsey wants out of Jax. Who's the better player, Minkah or Jalen after weighing in contract situation and why? I don't keep up with the contract stuff. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16/jalen-ramseys-agent-asked-jaguars-to-trade-him/?fbclid=IwAR0-CZFaNBPJ6EaT55JZEaTWsmpxCt3VQhNxEBI9zpjg5tneRBS-aGRKMTE

Edited by EaglesTD123

Just saw this:

The 24-year-old Ramsey is a very talented cornerback and would surely draw significant interest in a trade. This season he’s very affordable, at a base salary of $3.6 million, while next season his salary skyrockets to $13.7 million, and he may want a new contract soon.

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I see Ramsey wants out of Jax. Who's the better player, Minkah or Jalen after weighing in contract situation and why? I don't keep up with the contract stuff. 

Minkah in his second year of rookie contract having his signing bonus paid by Miami. Jalen is on the last year of his rookie contract. But he has a fifth year option next year for 13 mil and change. That’s fully guaranteed so no wiggle room on cap hits. Need to resign him after you prove he’s a fit ideally.