DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If you don't want to make a living playing football,go sell used cars .IDK would 1/2 the people in the HOF be there under todays rules?I'm fully aware it's a business,you are used,just like YOU are wherever YOU work.But go ahead and call out your boss,badmouth your company,disrupt you co-workers and piss off customers and see how long they keep you around

I get it bro...it just NOT apples to apples ... these pro athletes are made out to be hero’s...it’s gets F.ing nauseating...each player is their own enterprise, their own CEO... The old NFL used those words to amass Billions.What is a businessman’s code?. Make a profit. The owners make billions.... love of the game ...is not a priority. Those old schoolers HOF that built the NFL weren’t paid $h#t and had to fight tooth and nail to get some compensation after bleeding, broken bones and suicide to make the NFL what it is today . They would have got squat if they didn’t fight for compensation.  Many died before they could be compensated.

I get the romanticism of Teamwork, loyalty ,The customer is ALWAYS right... Trust me I have built many profitable teams on those exact principles.  However to measure those millionaires by our standards. Sorry, they’re Business men to and we seeing the NEW WAY business is getting done.

Hell just look at how Jerry changed his tune when he realized Zeke wasn’t laughing at his Zeke who jokes... Jerry made Zeke the highest paid RB....EVER. Why do you think he paid Zeke ?  Zeke is gonna make Jerry and the Joneses MORE money.It ain’t personal. Cruddy ain’t it.

5 hours ago, trini said:

I get it bro...it just NOT apples to apples ... these pro athletes are made out to be hero’s...it’s gets F.ing nauseating...each player is their own enterprise, their own CEO... The old NFL used those words to amass Billions.What is a businessman’s code?. Make a profit. The owners make billions.... love of the game ...is not a priority. Those old schoolers HOF that built the NFL weren’t paid $h#t and had to fight tooth and nail to get some compensation after bleeding, broken bones and suicide to make the NFL what it is today . They would have got squat if they didn’t fight for compensation.  Many died before they could be compensated.

I get the romanticism of Teamwork, loyalty ,The customer is ALWAYS right... Trust me I have built many profitable teams on those exact principles.  However to measure those millionaires by our standards. Sorry, they’re Business men to and we seeing the NEW WAY business is getting done.

Hell just look at how Jerry changed his tune when he realized Zeke wasn’t laughing at his Zeke who jokes... Jerry made Zeke the highest paid RB....EVER. Why do you think he paid Zeke ?  Zeke is gonna make Jerry and the Joneses MORE money.It ain’t personal. Cruddy ain’t it.

Well stated

7 hours ago, trini said:

Very well put Brother! Seems there aint a whole lot of ANYTHING personal anymore. YES, IT'S DISGUSTING!!!

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I believe Jordan Matthews is still out there as a FA yes?

If they feel the need to make a move i'd rather bring Ward off of the PS

It would be interesting to see if the Eagles have more soft tissue injuries than other teams

Just visited the Miami board(for kicks).They are saying "ok so we let Fitz go,it's no big deal". Then there are a few that have brains saying what I said "why let a 22 year old stud go that could be part of the turnaround?" Fins staff tried to get him to stay.Then I hit the Jags boards.Some are swearing no trade will happen(yeah right).Some are saying,oh well it's not like we have a team anyway.Visiting other boards makes me appreciate what we have here.other boards fans seem like cavemen compared to ours.CLUELESS rambling on other boards lmao.it's comical to sit back and see the stupidity abounding HAHAHA

Ramsey. Hope we are looking into this trade.The issue is the D Schwartz runs(and why he is unhappy in Jax).He wants to play man to man.Possibly we do that rarely because we don;t have the personnel? IF we did,would Schwartz change is D philosophy? Hmmm

Heard they're looking for 2 - 1's, but if we don't fo it someone else will these days.

At least he said he won't go to dullass as long as the jones boys are there

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Heard they're looking for 2 - 1's, but if we don't fo it someone else will these days.

At least he said he won't go to dullass as long as the jones boys are there

2-1's too much IMO

7 hours ago, ASG15 said:

If they feel the need to make a move i'd rather bring Ward off of the PS

Sure,but what happens if we lose another one?

Haven't has the time, wonder what the Fitz deal was.

Cheaper than 2 - 1's, 1 yr deal for a guy who wants to break the bank

4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Have not made a move yet for a WR which is interesting to say the least....Thinking we might end up just calling a guy up from PS my guess is Greg Ward

I like the chemistry with JMatt and Carson but it’s a good time, early in the season to find out about Arcega-Whiteside and Hollins, Agholor is in a contract year, has a chance to show if he can be a #1 or #2 WR , with Ashlon and DJax  sidelined . I was really impressed with how Doug and the Coaching Staff dealth with the adversity ....WE LOST. But we fought ...Carson showed me some FIRE ... under EXTREME conditions.... MY TYPE of QB.....Baaaaddd MoFooo ...our Defensive losses....Jernnigan, and a not yet ready Fletcher Cox also impacted the result ....Losing SUCKS, However these type of loses... Carson forced to try and win with his #3, Agholor, #4 Ertz, #6 Arcega-Whiteside, #7 Hollins against a loaded Falcon team. 

This loss helps us immediately, and will really help us late in the season. I would like to bring Ward up from the PS. Kid has been on there for awhile. Let’s see if he is worth that spot. Let’s see what these kids can do with Carson. Can we win with them? Let’s find out.?

On 9/17/2019 at 1:52 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Why would the Steelers do that trade? Looks like their season is sunk. They could be in line for a high pick. If I was them I would be thinking about getting Ben’s heir apparent in this big QB draft.

???  Isn't Fitzpatrick a high level young player to where you get him under control for 4 years on the cheap without the signing bonus to pay?  Steelers always look to under pay.  The guy fits a need.  I thought Rudolph was supposed to be the future backup when they drafted him... last year?   And I know you love to tank early in the year as you wanted the Eagles to be "sellers"  last year... but I don't think that is the Pittsburgh mentality.  Also don't think this is the year for them to do it.... too many other really bad teams.  I think they get this young stud to fit their D for the next 4 years or more... and go from there.  Giving Rudolph a chance to play this year.  IDK... you know college players more than me, would you take this Fitzpatrick kid instead of say draft pick 10-16 next year?   

On 9/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah since we DONT KNOW what was said Ham how do you automatically assume it's on the coach? maybe they jumped in knowing Jalens temper and wanted to avoid physicality? IDK and neither do you.The fact the players had to step in at ALL,tells me I don''t need this headache-JMO

The coach was mad at Ramsey for letting a scrub WR like Hopkins get 5 catches for 40 yards.... you just can't give up those kind of yards to a low level WR like that.  

On 9/17/2019 at 5:09 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

I wouldn't even do that either

Getting rid of Darby would sweeten the deal for me is such a huge way...lol.  

But I'm actually looking to improve the DT spot here.   How about the kid from the Jets?  Williams?    

IDK... factor in his position and put him in our system for the DT ... compared to what we might do with Ramsey at CB playing cover 3?   Do we change from cover 3???? Ramsey plays man to man and then what with the rest of the guys??  IDK... but that needs to be part of the equation.  At this point, if they make a move for one of these guys ... if they need to give up a good amount, they need to lock them in long term.  Or I would hope.  

?????????????

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/9/18/20873428/eagles-craig-james-practice-squad-news-alex-ellis-cornerback-tight-end-philadelphia-reversal

So we have the 5th CB on the 53 who is unproven when we have cross trained S's, but only 1 healthy TE and most likely rushing Goedert back too soon this early in the season, possibly inhibiting full recovery or worsening injury?

I like DP's risky play calling, just not when it comes to the future health of the players, if that's what's happening.

At least DP gave this really beat up team a breather on Wednesday.  Smart move.  I'm a no go for 2 1's for JR.  Doesn't fit our scheme.  We most likely would have to change our scheme to fit him in.  IDK, maybe we need to change our scheme anyway considering all the yds we give up in passing.  Yet do we really have the personnel to change our scheme.  Don't think so. Timing is not right for making a scheme change with a lot of younger guys just trying to learn the present system IMO, should have been done in the spring and PC to practice with it.   Gr8 move to make if the bring on Ward from PS.

The most disappointing thing to me Sunday night was the play of the O line.

Seu was terrible and JP looked like he has held on a year too long

No running game can be laid at the feet of the whole line