DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Philly is definitely having talks about Ramsey sure it happens but we are high on the rumor l list....

Peter King suggested we could offer 1st 3rd and Jones....

Not to different then what I suggested but I said Darby instead of Jones

I ain’t giving up Sydney , Darby’s salary will help to pay Ramsey’s New Salary. Throw in Vitai ...a young DE not Sydney Jones. Sydney is Ballin.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I have to be honest ... I think it would be pretty kool if Ramsey played Thursday and also Sunday ... something you don't see every day.  

Yeah ... subtracting Darby would be awesome IMO.... lol.   IDK... maybe he would just play better if his assignment was just go cover the 2nd best WR on every play???  No zone, no thinking etc.... but still, make an effort on a tackle my man.    Jones probably the same thing.  

Sendejo getting cut would seem even more realistic to get the 4th rounder back if we give up draft picks.  

If Howie pulls this off. I would be surprised if they would risk playing him. That 4th coming back would be nice. You always thinking out the box Joe ....respect . Joe Douglas connection in NY ... something could shake loose. We do have other needs beside an All World CB from Jacksonville.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Game just started, Foles' b/u Minschew looks pretty good.

Yeah Minshew looks fine.His O line isn't so hot lol.He has a pretty nice mentor in Foles helping on the sideline.Expected more from Fournette,but their O line aint gettin it done

Had 2 unfortunate drops by Westbrook.of course it's raining and windy.Chark and Westie look like a nice future tandem to deal wth

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Detroit has Slay. I’d think he would be on Agholor. That should make Wentz rely on JJ and Mack. Very unproven commodities. That should leave them doubling Ertz. Can we get production under these circumstances?

Don't see why we can't.They were both kinda tossed in there unexpectedly.Sure you train to start,but it's different when you KNOW you are.More worried about either getting injured then I am about production.Big Q for me is ,if they DT Ertz,can Ellis get it done?

2 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Trini, I think it is a bad idea to give up on Jones too. 

I am with you ... Sydney looked like the player I hoped he could be. The kid was fast, physical, knows the D... I am with you.

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't see why we can't.They were both kinda tossed in there unexpectedly.Sure you train to start,but it's different when you KNOW you are.More worried about either getting injured then I am about production.Big Q for me is ,if they DT Ertz,can Ellis get it done?

Also whatever shifts in the game plan are,will be in place for Jjaw and Hollins skill sets

If I was Ped, and they DT Ertz,hit Ellis a few times.Once that happens they will have to back off the DT.Like Goedert has done,Ellis needs to make his presence felt early.IDK much about him,so I can't say if he can or not

20 minutes ago, trini said:

I ain’t giving up Sydney

I concur, too early to give up on Sidney. I believe this is the 1st season he's been 'fully' healthy. 

18 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I concur, too early to give up on Sidney. I believe this is the 1st season he's been 'fully' healthy. 

Not our call gents lol.I'll pay them to take Seu lmao

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Minshew looks terrific for a rook.Also a 6th rounder(anyone else know a famous 6th rounder?) 

:lol:TB12

Matt Hasselbeck?

Holy smokes. Just checked Pe.com for a kick and IR STILL NOT updated from last week. SHEESH!!! Absolutely pitiful :nonono: LOL

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not our call gents lol.I'll pay them to take Seu lmao

I too have heard these rumors. The way I see it is; Will this player get you to the Dance? If HR thinks so, make the trade. If not, why bother? As far as the salary, Cutting Peters and not resigning Agholor takes care of that. I do not like giving up two of our top 3 draft picks, Jones has shown signs lately, but he is still no where close to Ramsey. I lean to the do not pull the plug side. It appears we will see soon enough in any case. One thing that bothers me. How many CB's have we drafted in the past 5 years? Not one has panned out as yet. We seem to have an issue grading them. Maybe we have to trade for one. I really don't know the answer here. Where the heck is my crystal ball!!!

52 minutes ago, stine said:

I too have heard these rumors. The way I see it is; Will this player get you to the Dance? If HR thinks so, make the trade. If not, why bother? As far as the salary, Cutting Peters and not resigning Agholor takes care of that. I do not like giving up two of our top 3 draft picks, Jones has shown signs lately, but he is still no where close to Ramsey. I lean to the do not pull the plug side. It appears we will see soon enough in any case. One thing that bothers me. How many CB's have we drafted in the past 5 years? Not one has panned out as yet. We seem to have an issue grading them. Maybe we have to trade for one. I really don't know the answer here. Where the heck is my crystal ball!!!

Agreed on all counts...Peters is royalty I just don’t see Jeff Lurie treating him that way. JP has been showing some age. Agholor has a chance to build some value being the #2 or #1 Carson target moving forward. There is real tangible benefit treating your elite players the right way especially these days. The new way elite players have been doing business.  Zeke still had two years left on his old deal.  Peters has served the Eagles well, even in this cruddy meat market of a business. Sydney Jones starting to look like the player I hoped we would get , can he do it consistently ?

The question for me since we have not signed anyone is how much we believe in these kids...Jjaw was to be Ashlon eventual replacement. Hollins and Agholor have some Deep speed . It’s early in the season.... Detroit hasn’t been world beaters.... can Carson elevate this young group of guys. Can we risk it with the Cowgals already up a game. It’s risky... Now and Later this experience will help the team. 

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

119862757_DakPrescott22TestedPositive-Overrated22.thumb.jpg.13fb20f1644a400c3e89489adfc8d44e.jpg

Ohhhhh HELL YEA... 

I am in Maryland did y’all see that Dak and his brothers in a commercial. I wonder if they were really his brothers only saw the commercial once . Anyone else see it.? I really don’t care. Just speaks to this update.

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just difficult to carry the dead weight on the 53 and deal with these injuries. Kind of what I’ve been harping on all preseason right into cut down day. Pryor and Miller just aren’t doing us any good. That’s two obvious spots that we could be fielding a WR otherwise.

I agree.... we would have been much better prepared for injuries to DeSean, Alshon and Goedert at the same time ... if we only kept another DT or a S instead of Pryor and Miller.   Obviously OL and DE don't provide the same depth at the WR spot that DT and S do?   Or we should have kept 7 WRs from the start in anticipation of these simultaneous injuries?   Howie and Doug need to get better at predicting the position that we will incur multiple injuries.  Last year they were obviously not prepared at RB & CB to sustain 3 or 4 injuries at the same position.   Follow the lead that some of these successful organizations do when they anticipate correctly the position that they will sustain multiple injuries.   Come on guys... its common occurance for teams to lose 3 of their top 5 passing weapons in pregame/ 1st quarter.   Need to be prepared with the right 80 guys so we can go 7 deep everywhere!  Poor planning.  

I have to feel bad for Foles finally got another chance to be a starter and gets hurt week 1....On top of that the 6th round rookie backup Minshew is balling out....If the rook keeps playing the way he has no way the Jags could go back to Foles 

2 hours ago, stine said:

I too have heard these rumors. The way I see it is; Will this player get you to the Dance?

That goes for any player lol we are not going to bring in a guy if we don’t believe he helps us win games....Whether that is the draft, FA or trade