DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

To be somewhat fair to our secondary that has been bad...The pass rush has just not been there....

seems to be miscues in the secondary as well seen a view plays where the CBs seem to be expecting S help inside with no S to be found....Key one was the TE to Ridley Darby had the outside and Senjado was suppose to have the inside 

3 hours ago, stine said:

I too have heard these rumors. The way I see it is; Will this player get you to the Dance? If HR thinks so, make the trade. If not, why bother? As far as the salary, Cutting Peters and not resigning Agholor takes care of that. I do not like giving up two of our top 3 draft picks, Jones has shown signs lately, but he is still no where close to Ramsey. I lean to the do not pull the plug side. It appears we will see soon enough in any case. One thing that bothers me. How many CB's have we drafted in the past 5 years? Not one has panned out as yet. We seem to have an issue grading them. Maybe we have to trade for one. I really don't know the answer here. Where the heck is my crystal ball!!!

Yeah,feel like you,we don't evaluate well.As you know we tried that before with the "dream team" and that didn't work out at all and now maybe Howie is a bit gunshy to pull that trigger and spend the loot after that disaster.Ramsey wants 1 on 1 cover,Schwartz likes zones.If we spent the loot for Ramsey,would Schwartz change his scheme a bit? Or does he use the zone more because he doesn't have the personnel?

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Neither Alshon or DJax expected back before wk 5 as per NFLN

Gonna be tough at Lambeau without them

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ramsey wants 1 on 1 cover,Schwartz likes zones.If we spent the loot for Ramsey,would Schwartz change his scheme a bit? Or does he use the zone more because he doesn't have the personnel?

This goes into the research of players feel like making a move for a guy like that and the amount your going to spend to get him A. For the actual trade and B. The long term deal you likely want after we traded for him.

Schwartz should be key cog in the decision for us to even attempt the move....Will say this though if you got a guy like Ramsey your mindset should be hey Julio, OBJ name the top target go cover them all game and be done with it 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

To be somewhat fair to our secondary that has been bad...The pass rush has just not been there....

seems to be miscues in the secondary as well seen a view plays where the CBs seem to be expecting S help inside with no S to be found....Key one was the TE to Ridley Darby had the outside and Senjado was suppose to have the inside 

GB O line much better that what we have faced to date.Their D ain't so bad either.Just need Wentz and a receivers to get that chemisrty quickly.Always tough at Lambeau.With all the injuries we better find a way to get this running game established.Please replace Seu

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

GB O line much better that what we have faced to date.Their D ain't so bad either.Just need Wentz and a receivers to get that chemisrty quickly.Always tough at Lambeau.With all the injuries we better find a way to get this running game established.Please replace Seu

Wasn’t Semaulo rated the best G week 1 and terrible week 2?????? Seems like a trend with him can be a good player needs to be more consistent 

15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

This goes into the research of players feel like making a move for a guy like that and the amount your going to spend to get him A. For the actual trade and B. The long term deal you likely want after we traded for him.

Schwartz should be key cog in the decision for us to even attempt the move....Will say this though if you got a guy like Ramsey your mindset should be hey Julio, OBJ name the top target go cover them all game and be done with it 

We've needed that player for a LONG time.Picking up CB's at the local bar,you have a million to 1 shot they will pan out,but that's what we keep doing.IMO this is a BIG game for us.Must win? Maybe not,still it will show me if the depth players can step it up.Missing Goedert IMO is more of a problem than missing the WR's

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wasn’t Semaulo rated the best G week 1 and terrible week 2?????? Seems like a trend with him can be a good player needs to be more consistent 

Not tough,game 1 is always the rust shaker game since noone plays their starters in pre.I tend to think the last game was the needed indicator 

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Also don’t really have a replacement option for Semaulo do we????? big V maybe???? 

GO find one

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

We've needed that player for a LONG time.Picking up CB's at the local bar,you have a million to 1 shot they will pan out,but that's what we keep doing.IMO this is a BIG game for us.Must win? Maybe not,still it will show me if the depth players can step it up.Missing Goedert IMO is more of a problem than missing the WR's

Lmao I mean you have to keep getting players until you find the guy or should we just scrap the CB position all together.....If we are not good at evaluating CBs(as some seem to think) then wouldn’t it be wise to get a proven player???? 

GO find one

Lmao where lol teams not generally in the market to trade good OL and if there was one of FA why isn’t he signed already???  

I will be happy with a win this week.... before the season started my idea was Dallas would go 3-0.   I had them losing at the Saints and beating hte Jets for a 4-1 start, and then their schedule gets tough.    Now they could easily go 5-0.  A loss Sunday would put us in a huge hole, as I don't anticipate a great showing being the road team on a Thursday... with a banged up team.   

To me just don't dig too deep a hole here, the matchup week 7 is the key, the race starts from there.  A lost to both ATL and Detroit doesn't bid well for tiebreaker matchups either.  Just grind out a win here Sunday... already seems like everyone on TV and radio think its in the bag ..."yeah, I still think the Eagles will in but ...etc," Would rather we were underdogs instead of 6.5 point favorites???   gotta win this one.  

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not tough,game 1 is always the rust shaker games since noone plays their starters.I tend to think the last game was the needed indicator 

What???? You can go back to last season with seamulo as well played in a similar fashion he had his ups and downs needs to find his consistency.... 

Lmao I mean you have to keep getting players until you find the guy or should we just scrap the CB position all together.....If we are not good at evaluating CBs(as some seem to think) then wouldn’t it be wise to get a proven player???? 

Lmao where lol teams not generally in the market to trade good OL and if there was one of FA why isn’t he signed already???  

It's called a trade

It's called a trade

So a team just going to trade us a great G I forgot teams love to trade good OL just because there is this huge surplus of them in the NFL....Don’t mind the fact Philly is considered by most to have the best OL and depth in the NFL 

What???? You can go back to last season with seamulo as well played in a similar fashion he had his ups and downs needs to find his consistency.... 

So if thats the case LAST year,how long do you plan on waiting for his consistency to show up?

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So a team just going to trade us a great G I forgot teams love to trade good OL just because there is this huge surplus of them in the NFL....Don’t mind the fact Philly is considered by most to have the best OL and depth in the NFL 

Sure didn't show me that last week

So if thats the case LAST year,how long do you plan on waiting for his consistency to show up?

It is not my call not the coach the Eagles seem to believe in 

It is not my call not the coach the Eagles seem to believe in 

Not my call either,but you know we need a running game  and we have the RB's now to do it,but if there is no hole you aint going anywhere,and you are also putting your franchise QB at risk

18 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Don't care if he's great,just give me SOLID

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not my call either,but you know we need a running game  and we have the RB's now to do it,but if there is no hole you aint going anywhere,and you are also putting your franchise QB at risk

How about more rns straight ahead instead of the sideways runs???  More Howard at this point???   Or not even more.... how about just starting with Howard to build the offense from there?  

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I will be happy with a win this week.... before the season started my idea was Dallas would go 3-0.   I had them losing at the Saints and beating hte Jets for a 4-1 start, and then their schedule gets tough.    Now they could easily go 5-0.  A loss Sunday would put us in a huge hole, as I don't anticipate a great showing being the road team on a Thursday... with a banged up team.   

To me just don't dig too deep a hole here, the matchup week 7 is the key, the race starts from there.  A lost to both ATL and Detroit doesn't bid well for tiebreaker matchups either.  Just grind out a win here Sunday... already seems like everyone on TV and radio think its in the bag ..."yeah, I still think the Eagles will in but ...etc," Would rather we were underdogs instead of 6.5 point favorites???   gotta win this one.  

Yeah we need to eek out this win.I think it's possible.May be ugly,but I hope we get it done

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How about more rns straight ahead instead of the sideways runs???  More Howard at this point???   Or not even more.... how about just starting with Howard to build the offense from there?  

yeah I like the up the gut also,but we didnt open the holes last week.maybe it will be better.Just something that bothers me

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK if our line is "the best in the league" why aren't there holes you can drive a semi through? IDK!!!!! But it's frustrating

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The whole OL has to play better to improve the ground game not just on one guy.... Also doesn’t not help that Doug has not committed to the ground game....By halftime we are down my 2-3 scores we essentially can’t run and have to pass....

Honestly hoping ATL is the wake up call for Doug again similar to the KC game back in 17....Want to see us turn to the RBs vs the Lions we have a good OL and we have some good RBs let them run wear the Lions D down....Might have some ugly 1-2 yard gains at times be we stick with it the runs will break open