DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The whole OL has to play better to improve the ground game not just on one guy.... Also doesn’t not help that Doug has not committed to the ground game....By halftime we are down my 2-3 scores we essentially can’t run and have to pass....

Honestly hoping ATL is the wake up call for Doug again similar to the KC game back in 17....Want to see us turn to the RBs vs the Lions we have a good OL and we have some good RBs let them run wear the Lions D down....Might have some ugly 1-2 yard gains at times be we stick with it the runs will break open 

yeah but see,our secondary is back to second rate(if that),so once again I assume we will be playing from behind. Stafford is not elite,but he is smart enough to burn our secondary all day

My hope is we hit ellis EARLY,let him make a statement that DT'ing Ertz won't work.He needs to do that.Don;t know anything bout him though

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah but see,our secondary is back to second rate(if that),so once again I assume we will be playing from behind. Stafford is not elite,but he is smart enough to burn our secondary all day

Our secondary has had there issues but think things will get corrected....Not solely on the secondary either our highly touted pash rush has been just as terrible....And those things go hand in hand 

Skins with no Trent Williams we had what 1 sack

ATL OL dealing with injuries how many sacks did we have on Matty Ice???? 1 maybe after he was sacked 5 times the week before 

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Our secondary has had there issues but think things will get corrected....Not solely on the secondary either our highly touted pash rush has been just as terrible....And those things go hand in hand 

WHY is it weak? This was supposed to be a team that dominated in alot of areas and NOONE is showing me that at this point

Skins with no Trent Williams we had what 1 sack

ATL OL dealing with injuries how many sacks did we have on Marty Ice???? 1 maybe after he was sacked 5 times the week before 

Yeah sad performance

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

WHY is it weak? This was supposed to be a team that dominated in alot of areas and NOONE is showing me that at this point

No clue only week 2 and most these guys didn’t play in the preseason....Some of our key guys are returning from injury as well likely not 100% looking at Cox on the DL(has not seemed quite like himself) Barnett with the shoulder as well....Darby and the ACL, McLeod returning from injury(communication is huge on the backend and if guys have not played much together might not be the best as of yet)...

Some new faces might impact it as well Sendajo seemed out of place few times vs ATL

On the O side....Not having WR threats likely benefited in the pass rush(for ATL) and lack of run game...Can’t image the falcons were worried much about JJaw or Hollins....Topped with the fact the chemistry just was not there between those guys in Wentz Though got better as the game went on....

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah I like the up the gut also,but we didnt open the holes last week.maybe it will be better.Just something that bothers me

GBFL... maybe the holes we need to open up should be with straight running instead of sideways????  That could be an issue as you face a smaller but fast defense.   Maybe #73 doesn't play so poorly and I don't have to see you complain about it if they run straight instead of sideways... you follow?     I was good a basketball, but at 5'10" not so much as center... you follow???    Make #73 go push someone isntead of worrying about beating him to the spot?????

Yeah,point taken,but really thats why you have pre,to work things out.maybe even the first 1/2 of game 1 you adjust.By game 2 things should be in order with only minor adjustments needed.Losing WR's has little to do with solid line play because that's where it all starts.trust me you give Wentz time,he will find my grandmother and put the ball there

I'm more concerned aboutthe DL .. .espcially now.   Very easy to complain about the last line of defense ... like blaming a goalie... a lot of times its the play up front that is the issue.   Like BG pointed out... these should have been 2 games where out DL dominated.   Not hold your own, but dominate.   the 2 injuries to good players at DT... this is my main issue going forward.   The DL.  

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

On the O side....Not having WR threats likely benefited in the pass rush(for ATL) and lack of run game...Can’t image the falcons were worried much about JJaw or Hollins....Topped with the fact the chemistry just was not there between those guys in Wentz Though got better as the game went on....

Yeah I said before I hope the chemisty is there.You always train to start but it's different once you KNOW you are as opposed to being tossed in.I'm sure Ped will alther the game plan to fit Jjaw and Hollins styles

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm more concerned aboutthe DL .. .espcially now.   Very easy to complain about the last line of defense ... like blaming a goalie... a lot of times its the play up front that is the issue.   Like BG pointed out... these should have been 2 games where out DL dominated.   Not hold your own, but dominate.   the 2 injuries to good players at DT... this is my main issue going forward.   The DL.  

Yeah thats what I said,we were supposed to have domination on BOTH sides of the ball and it's not there-gotta be concerning

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

The plan at DT to got with Spence and Ridgeway next to Cox???? I have not heard much about any roster moves for us 

Yeah,point taken,but really thats why you have pre,to work things out.maybe even the first 1/2 of game 1 you adjust.By game 2 things should be in order with only minor adjustments needed.Losing WR's has little to do with solid line play because that's where it all starts.trust me you give Wentz time,he will find my grandmother and put the ball there

Yep... but the type of play calls can play a big factor ... ie  Runyan ... he dominated Strahan and Peppers on run plays .... yet the faster guys had an edge on pass plays... Andy liked to pass... maybe different results in those matchups if we ran more.  Maybe same with this team... run and run ahead with Howard to start... build from there.    A 4 yard run is great at the right time... and meaningless at the wrong time.  

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL... maybe the holes we need to open up should be with straight running instead of sideways????  That could be an issue as you face a smaller but fast defense.   Maybe #73 doesn't play so poorly and I don't have to see you complain about it if they run straight instead of sideways... you follow?     I was good a basketball, but at 5'10" not so much as center... you follow???    Make #73 go push someone isntead of worrying about beating him to the spot?????

Ped gives up on the up the gut too soon.it's GAME LONG strategy to wear down the D.You can't just do it for 8 minutes and quit 

13 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The plan at DT to got with Spence and Ridgeway next to Cox???? I have not heard much about any roster moves for us 

last guy we got was another unknown CB,so whatever

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

last guy we got was another unknown CB,so whatever

Unknown CB???? You mean Craig James that we signed to the PS to make room for Ellis on the 53

Secondary should improve with some gel time. They are learning to work with each other. Seemed like Sendejo was picked on. Jenkins wasn’t much a factor. McLeod was covering for everything. Gotta get those S in line with the corners.  Really not quite sure Sendejo is worth having a third S out there. He did time that blitz perfectly. Maybe getting Kamu back will give other options. Give different looks from Jenkins.

15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Unknown CB???? You mean Craig James that we signed to the PS to make room for Ellis on the 53

Whomever lol.All I saw was "CB" ok whatever man-sheesh

Seems to be some optimism that Geodart and Jeffery could play vs the Lions...Could be huge for the O if they can suit up and play 

Supposedly Alson and Jax are out till week 5,If Goedert can go would be helpful

Whomever lol.All I saw was "CB" ok whatever man-sheesh

But he wasn’t added to the 53 I was more curious on if we have done anything for the 53 after bringing up Ellis 

It he wasn’t added to the 53 I was more curious on if we have done anything for the 53 after bringing up Ellis 

Find a promising OG maybe? Nope lets grab another CB.We go through those like water