DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If the play was poor WHY didn;t you make a change INGAME???? SMH Isn't that why we have 53 players?

Seumalo had a very tough matchup. Grady Jarrett is the third highest paid DT behind only Donald and Fletch. Gotta respect that guy. Sua isn’t on that level. Even having Kelce chip and double it was tough for them to deal with him. 

And needless to say we don’t have another G that can handle him. Brooks is pretty stellar but they obviously lined Jarrett up for the matchup on the other side. The Oline is only as strong as the weakest link. 

Dubious honor, Maddox leads the league in plays given up in the slot - congrads!

Banged up like this, sure wish we had Miami this wk.

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Nah, haven't sen it yet Bro. I haven't watched any TV all summer long other than the game last night and our 2 games. Can't stand being in the house after being near laid up so many years for lumbo-sacral nerve damage and finally being healed after finding the right Dr. this past Feb.

I can’t imagine your pain. I’m recovering from a quadruple by- pass procedure last October. My chest finally looks less like a zipper... I always thought of myself as a tough guy .Boooyyyyy was I re-educated about pain.... Hope you get back soon to the old you.

AB out of a job again

Couldn't happen to a "nicer" guy

Look for the Cowpies to pick him up. They don't seem to have an issue with character.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And needless to say we don’t have another G that can handle him. Brooks is pretty stellar but they obviously lined Jarrett up for the matchup on the other side. The Oline is only as strong as the weakest link. 

Yeah thats what we have been discussing.Opposing teams now know where to concentrate

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah thats what we have been discussing.Opposing teams now know where to concentrate

Nothing new there. Kelce, Brooks, Peters and Johnson are Pro Bowlers. Seumalo hopefully can be adequate vs most DTs. The elite Grady and Donald....not going to happen.

2 hours ago, trini said:

I can’t imagine your pain. I’m recovering from a quadruple by- pass procedure last October. My chest finally looks less like a zipper... I always thought of myself as a tough guy .Boooyyyyy was I re-educated about pain.... Hope you get back soon to the old you.

Sorry to hear that about your 4X bypass!!!!!!!!! 😔 Other than your zipper job how are you cardio wise???

Oh, I'm almost back. Like 90%. 😜 Lost 50 lb, down from 217 lb to 165. I can finally hop right out of my chair again no hands even in a low chair. Almost can put my hands flat on ground bending over. Can take 2 steps at a time going up stairs. Got my street rod back on the road after 4.5 yrs of sitting in my garage. Getting ready to start bowling again and see if I can make a come back……get back to my 207 avg. Haven't bowled since '99 when I got injured. Keeping 🤞 !!! 🙂

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ode to AB- Devo are friends of mine BTW lol

:lol: 

Sure would be nice if AJ & Goedert are a 'FULL' go! Plus hoping the OL plays better as a unit. Need to get the run game going like yesterday. If Goedert can play it would further that cause with his blocking ability. 

OUT

RB Corey Clement (shoulder)
WR DeSean Jackson (abdomen)
DT Timmy Jernigan (foot)
OT Jordan Mailata (back)

DOUBTFUL

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (knee)

QUESTIONABLE

TE Dallas Goedert (calf)
WR Alshon Jeffery (calf)
QB Nate Sudfeld (left wrist)

Heck, I'm questionable before the game! We'll see if Stafford picks our secondary apart, if our lines can hold up, how our b/u's perform, what we do at LG and maybe LT, if we can pressure Stafford and if our O can put up pts. You know - all the things we were supposed to be good at but so far haven't.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Happiness level if we lose to Detroit:

trini—out 

FL—-out

TD—-doubtful

ASG—-doubtful

’58—questionable

stine—-questionable

No Mas——probable

LMAO

52 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Heck, I'm questionable before the game! We'll see if Stafford picks our secondary apart, if our lines can hold up, how our b/u's perform, what we do at LG and maybe LT, if we can pressure Stafford and if our O can put up pts. You know - all the things we were supposed to be good at but so far haven't.

IDK this ones gonna be weird.MUST win? With the schedule the next 4 weeks,I would say yes it is.Besides that, we need some peeps back before we head to Lambeau

50 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Despite the injuries,yeah it's disappointing,especially the lack of a dominant running game-DOMINANT

Mich down a TD early, just fumbled after driving to RZ - I really don't like that Harbaugh or Mich for that matter

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Mich down a TD early, just fumbled after driving to RZ - I really don't like that Harbaugh or Mich for that matter

Who makes these schedules? OSU plays Miami of Ohio. OSU could play their cheerleaders and make it competitive lol.Great game to paint some chairs or wax your car

So first 4 weeks of OSU schedule have been 3 shoe-ins and one MEH,The haven't been tested whatsoever.Next week the actual playing begins

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Mailita to IR and Greg Ward prompted from PS

Yeah gotta have BU WR ready

Another tidbit-Ellis was a HS QB(and a winning one).Could possibly see a trick play tomorrow.Not many reps in college nor the Pros.he has a chance now to establish himself.I hope he can do it.The TD catch had to go a long way towards his confidence