DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not agreeing with this. I saw Pedey scheme and playcall guys to get them wide open. Players got to make plays. Opportunities were everywhere. Coach put them in position. Seven drops, three offensive pass interference, three fumbles and even Wentz being off and missing wide open receivers(some they at least caught but it ruined their YAC opportunity). ST giving up a TD to start the game. Jenkins making a play blocking the kick but then making a mistake of blocking in the back on the return. That’s a 58 yard try for Elliott right there. 

Oline isn’t getting it done either. This is a player problem. I think every coach has work to do in their rooms. And we were relying on young guys. Mack, JJ, Miles and Goedert all have plenty of room to grow. It all bit us at one time tonight but the plays were there to be made. Up to the players to execute.

ST was our stated advantage going into this game, the Lions had the worst ST stats .... Then they run it back a 100 yds in a punt return. everything you said and I am in agreement. Hoped some guys would step up,, guys failed to take advantage of opportunities. Carson was gutty AGAIN... really like our toughness just need to turn them into wins.This is gonna be a team NO One wants to face later in the season. It won’t be easy coming up in GB.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The offense had eight dropped passes. Fumbled the ball three times. And had like three offensive pass interference calls. Almost everybody on the offense had a chance to win the game...they all failed. Goedert dropped a money pass to win the game at the end. JJ had his shot. Hollins and Sproles blew opportunities by pushing off so aggresiosly. Nellie did all the above. Catch...then fumble....then drop...then catch. Just not good enough. 

Yep,like I said, we are out of excuses

6 hours ago, senhorcook said:

GBFL, the Eagles team made too many mistakes today, yet STILL had TWO opportunities to win the game at the end. I don’t get the offensive pass interference calls....the one on Hollins where he used his elbow - bad call. The second one on Hollins was complete BS as he barely touched the guy. The one on Sproles at the end of the game....c’mon man. The defensive guy was all over Sproles until that moment....all over him in a bad way.  Officials stay out of it at the end of the game. Heck, they implemented a new and bad rule to challenge to bail you out. 

Hollins played well. Ag was VERY inconsistent, but certainly not the only Eagle to drop a pass...Sanders, Howard, Ertz, Whiteside, Goedert...sigh.

The defense is what it is. The biggest disappointment BY FAR for me this year is the DLine.  NO pressure at all. Cant blame poor play by the players on Schwartz. Stafford made some plays in key moments. Wentz did not.

it sucks.

LMAO(but it's not funny) this team was built to play with a lead(supposedly),so why do we always fall behind??? I got it-inept play.At the nest we were seriously PO'd.It was so bad some started watching the Dullaz game on the opposite wall.At least the free buffet was good 😕

Knowing we are a 2nd 1/2 team,I was actually feeling pretty good at the half.We needed this win.The short turnaround to Lambeau is gonna be a disaster I'm not sure we can win any of the next 6 games.All the positivity I had has evaporated

What bugs me with Doug's play calling is the shotgun run and how predictable we are becoming. Reminds me of the Chip Kelly offence

And what happened with having a fast kick returner on kickoff? I don't like seeing Sanders or pre injury Clement back there! Go get a burner

34 minutes ago, KevvMoss said:

What bugs me with Doug's play calling is the shotgun run and how predictable we are becoming. Reminds me of the Chip Kelly offence

First 1/2,I was ok, we always start slow,this was actually better than other games, 2nd 1/2 we should really open this up-nope,never happened 

Eagles with 8 dropped passes. If those had been caught it would have made Wentz 27-36

With no deep threat per se and an easy double team of Ertz,  a safety for Aggs and ½ of a player in Goddert they can box the run game.  We need the deep threat to spread em and that ani't happening till DeSean and Alshon return healthy, whenever that will be.   With a groin for DeSean and, I believe, a calf injury for Alshon,  that can take weeks more or the whole season of being day to day.  Just disappointed!!  IMO maybe we should have played the vets or at least interspersed them throughout the spring training games to develop communication, timing and get the rust out of them then instead of now.  Doesn't look good heading into GB Thursday!!

Why are some teams able to find speed demons who can actually catch the ball.

Chiefs are a good example

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So much here to take in. Hero catching babies being thrown from a burning building. Wow! Him getting in a dig on Agholor when discussing it. WOW! Or the most surprising of all...AOL still exists...SHOCKING!!!!

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So much here to take in. Hero catching babies being thrown from a burning building. Wow! Him getting in a dig on Agholor when discussing it. WOW! Or the most surprising of all...AOL still exists...SHOCKING!!!!

hehe.

Ags would have dropped 2 and fumbled the one he caught.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

have AOL,get loads of freebies lol

IDK,I had high aspirations for this team, 1-2 with a tough next 6 week schedule, isn't helping my fandom at all

YAC-WHO cares???? First you gotta catch the dang ball

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Maybe because we play from behind now instead of having a lead,which is what was anticipated? 

Running game WAS working to an extent.But you know lets not grind them down for later,just abandoned that and send passes to fumblers and people who cant catch-awesome(not).SO,I will offer the Eagles my services.I can drop 8 passes for under 3 mil-where do I sign? 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK,I had high aspirations for this team, 1-2 with a tough next 6 week schedule, isn't helping my fandom at all

My confidence has taken a hit. Interestingly enough NO one is talking about our team....guess that is a good thing. I am really just disappointed in our play I thought we got rid of those type of losing characteristics 20 years ago. I am probably still a little angry.

19 hours ago, ASG15 said:

This is all on the coaching no more no less

Most talented team ever my a**

Nope. Coach cannot catch a single pass nor hold on to a single ball. That is 100% on the players that dropped passes and fumbled and committed penalties.

15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Knowing we are a 2nd 1/2 team,I was actually feeling pretty good at the half.We needed this win.The short turnaround to Lambeau is gonna be a disaster I'm not sure we can win any of the next 6 games.All the positivity I had has evaporated

Yep, my 'glass half full' has turned to 'glass 10% empty'. I have a feeling Thur. night at GB is gonna be a catastrophe. AR is gonna pick our secondary to pieces and the O won't be able to do enough to compensate.