DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Hey, we lost both LT's for a while and Wentz is still walking, so there's that.

If you didn't see it, a 15 footer popped up 10 ft from a surfer, didn't bother him. They're just so cuddly until they chomp you in half by accident. Yeah, it's hurting tourism, then again allows us to at least attempt left turns. In other words there have to be some positives, it's the way I choose to live and have to believe we'll play better down the road.

17 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

If you didn't see it, a 15 footer popped up 10 ft from a surfer, didn't bother him. They're just so cuddly until they chomp you in half by accident. Yeah, it's hurting tourism, then again allows us to at least attempt left turns. In other words there have to be some positives, it's the way I choose to live and have to believe we'll play better down the road.

It's a long road these next 6 weeks- I wouldn't get your hopes up too much

Knew that, ergo my hopes aren't high, that way I'm not as let down. I love the Eagles, it's the only team sport I follow and I do it yr 'round. Things happen and you just have to adjust, cause this team will kill you if you let them - it's sports.

59 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'll believe the "team" is better when I see it. Until then…NOT!

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So is this just "bad luck"? Why does it seem WE garner more injuries than others? Is our med staff STILL inadequate? We need answers 

I have no clue what is going on with the injuries but when you have 53 guys on a roster and 19+ guys hurt or coming off serious injuries going to be tough to win games....Medical staff is new again so maybe something is wrong there I can’t answer that question

1-2 6 tough games ahead.I don;t suspect we will be in the hunt for anything except  better a draft pick 

1-2 go 3-3(or better)in the next six game stretch and get healthy should be able to make something happen...Wishful thinking maybe but also not ready to call it a lost season yet either....Going to let things play out some more lol 

At what point is Peterson going to call out the players that are giving NO effort?

Parcells would have benched some of them already

5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I have no clue what is going on with the injuries but when you have 53 guys on a roster and 19+ guys hurt or coming off serious injuries going to be tough to win games....Medical staff is new again so maybe something is wrong there I can’t answer that question

Soft tissue injuries are on the conditioning staff.

Short week in Lambeau will be tough....Possibly being down two LT is rough as well have to be glad we kept Big V maybe not the best but serviceable in a pinch....Really need the weapons on the outside back Alshon would be huge

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

At what point is Peterson going to call out the players that are giving NO effort?

Parcells would have benched some of them already

Soft tissue injuries are on the conditioning staff.

How many of our injuries are soft tissue???? I seriously don’t know....Alshon and Geodart I believe with the Calf but not sure who else 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Short week in Lambeau will be tough....Possibly being down two LT is rough as well have to be glad we kept Big V maybe not the best but serviceable in a pinch....Really need the weapons on the outside back Alshon would be huge

How many of our injuries are soft tissue???? I seriously don’t know....Alshon and Geodart I believe with the Calf but not sure who else 

Alshon, Godert, DJax, Darby. I'm sure I missed some

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hace to adnit I don't like the lack of results w/ JJAW. Don't know if it's timing w/ Wentz or what, expected better.

It’s only been three games...let’s not call it a career yet or anything. He dropped what would have been the play of the game. It was right in his bread basket and he flopped. This kid can make catches. Just not 100 percent NFL ready. Goes for Sanders, Hollins and Goedert also. But these are the guys we NEED to step up. Almost no choice about it. These are the young skill players setup for the team’s future. Gotta develop them regardless. Glad they are getting reps and opportunity now. They didn’t shine yet but you can see that all of them have the ability and can do it. These four stepping up takes this team to the next level. Wish it was a bit more now than the future though.

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

1-2 go 3-3(or better)in the next six game stretch and get healthy should be able to make something happen...Wishful thinking maybe but also not ready to call it a lost season yet either....Going to let things play out some more lol 

Problem is many are looking at being 1-3.  Hard to think the depleted squad can go get a victory at Lambeau.

Not giving up at all on JJAW - you kidding! Just maybe expected too much. He's totally capable, along w/ every f'n guy who's let this team down or they wouldn't be here.  THEY WOULD NOT BE HERE OTHERWISE _ NOW GO DO YOUR JOB! Best time to impress and solidify your standing is when the chips are down and the team's depending on you!

58 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Problem is many are looking at being 1-3.  Hard to think the depleted squad can go get a victory at Lambeau.

Again goal is to get through the half way point capable of being in the hunt for the playoffs....If we limp to the half way point at 4-4 or 4-5 we can recover if we get healthy during the 2nd half we could easily make a run....Goal is to get in and get hot at the right time 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah,my thoughts are 3-6 to the bye week unless I see radical improvement in line play(both sides) 3 games with 0 sacks is inexcusable.Having the deep threat back will be helpful,but we won a SB without him,so I want the excuses to end and the production to begin

IMO this is the last year you see Gruden as Skins coach(he may not last the year out although the FO is the problem)

Ahh he still has the huge trick up his sleeve of the first round rookie pick Haskins. Pick 15. His whole future you would think Is tied to that kid.