NOTW

2019 NFL draft in Nashville - who's going?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/05/21/nashville-host-2019-nfl-draft

I'll be here, come see me. ?

Nashville is a great city that is growing, people and companies relocating here. Successfully hosted the NHL All-Star game a few years ago. The fans here will embrace the draft well.  Will be great for the city too.

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/05/21/nashville-host-2019-nfl-draft

I'll be here, come see me. ?

Nashville is a great city that is growing, people and companies relocating here. Successfully hosted the NHL All-Star game a few years ago. The fans here will embrace the draft well.  Will be great for the city too.

Tech or financial companies?

3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Tech or financial companies?

Actually health care.  And Nissan.  They moved their Southern California plant and offices here about 7 years ago and brought a lot of jobs.  HCA is one of the largest hospital administration companies in the US and they are headquartered here, plus Vanderbilt is here so now new health care companies are moving here.  I just got a new job with a hospice health care company that moved their HQ here and had interviewed with another health care company awhile back that also moved here, they said Nashville is where you have to be if you're going to be in health care administration.  

A lot of manufacturing here too like auto parts.  

The Eagles played here in 2010 and that weekend there were Philly fans everywhere here it was great.  The stadium was half Eagles jerseys.  They're playing again this year (need to get tickets).  If any of you visiting for the game let me know.

I think Nashville will make a push to host the Super Bowl one day. (They probably need to build a new stadium first.) This is a good first step.

I'll be here booing Goodell and the NFCE team selections. Come join me!  

I think it is a good choice. I think Nashville can bring a fun party environment to the draft and not make it feel all stuffy and corporate.

Philly knocked it out of the park and Dallas was sorta pathetic. (turning a huge stadium into a tiny place and having a smattering of fans at a carnival in the distance)

I could see Nashville doing it much closer to Philly.

5 hours ago, skippyx said:

Philly knocked it out of the park and Dallas was sorta pathetic. (turning a huge stadium into a tiny place and having a smattering of fans at a carnival in the distance)

I could see Nashville doing it much closer to Philly.

The fans will be excited to have another national event. The city already has hosted the NHL All Star game, yearly CMA awards, huge music festivals and events at the convention center. 

Plus the locale allows fans from Atlanta, St. Louis, Charlotte, Indianapolis and others close by to travel easily. 

Bump. Anyone else going to be at the draft festivities in Nashville?  Come see me, I'll have my son there doing all the games and activities and stuff.  Never been to a draft live.  If anyone has questions about Nashville let me know, and let's grab a drink while you're here too.

https://www.visitmusiccity.com/nfldraft

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Bump. Anyone else going to be at the draft festivities in Nashville?  Come see me, I'll have my son there doing all the games and activities and stuff.  Never been to a draft live.  If anyone has questions about Nashville let me know, and let's grab a drink while you're here too.

@NOTWThat's cool man.

How's the economy there. Every now and then I read articles about various big metros in the US and Nashville seems to rank well in terms of a place to live.

34 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

@NOTWThat's cool man.

How's the economy there. Every now and then I read articles about various big metros in the US and Nashville seems to rank well in terms of a place to live.

The city has been growing rapidly in recent years.  Nashville is now the hub for healthcare companies.  I work for one and they moved here from another state because "in healthcare administration, you have to be in Nashville."  Nissan moved here from Southern California about 10 years ago and brought a bunch of people and jobs.  It's a very diverse area with a large Hispanic and Middle Eastern population, people are moving from all over.  It's not just music anymore.  There's a lot of tech companies, Bridgestone is here, 2 major sports, gourmet dining, live theater, orchestra, art, etc.  The traffic is getting worse, can't keep up with the growth.  Housing prices are increasing fast.  I bought my house in the suburbs almost 5 years ago and it has increased in value by almost $100,000.

We get the 4 seasons but none are too extreme.  A 3-4 hour drive from some other cities like Atlanta or Memphis and a day's drive from a lot of other places to visit.  The airport is growing too it now has an international terminal with direct flights to London.

It's a great place to live, we love it.  It's not a die hard pro sports town so the NFL draft will not be like Philly or NY.  The southeast is all about college football but they are nuts about the Predators, they've really embraced hockey.  The Preds are more popular than the Titans here.

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

It’s a long day, so enjoy.  Was at the one in Philly and was lucky enough to get a ticket into the actual theater area (was like 4 rows from the podium).  I’d love to go to another draft, but it won’t be this year.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:26 PM, NOTW said:

The city has been growing rapidly in recent years.  Nashville is now the hub for healthcare companies.  I work for one and they moved here from another state because "in healthcare administration, you have to be in Nashville."  Nissan moved here from Southern California about 10 years ago and brought a bunch of people and jobs.  It's a very diverse area with a large Hispanic and Middle Eastern population, people are moving from all over.  It's not just music anymore.  There's a lot of tech companies, Bridgestone is here, 2 major sports, gourmet dining, live theater, orchestra, art, etc.  The traffic is getting worse, can't keep up with the growth.  Housing prices are increasing fast.  I bought my house in the suburbs almost 5 years ago and it has increased in value by almost $100,000.

We get the 4 seasons but none are too extreme.  A 3-4 hour drive from some other cities like Atlanta or Memphis and a day's drive from a lot of other places to visit.  The airport is growing too it now has an international terminal with direct flights to London.

It's a great place to live, we love it.  It's not a die hard pro sports town so the NFL draft will not be like Philly or NY.  The southeast is all about college football but they are nuts about the Predators, they've really embraced hockey.  The Preds are more popular than the Titans here.

What will be interesting is if MLB or the NBA expands, would they look at Nashville?  

6 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

What will be interesting is if MLB or the NBA expands, would they look at Nashville?  

They have tried for baseball.  NBA has the team in Memphis so TN isn't really a state for 2 teams in the same sport.  They're working on getting a soccer team now too.  They want to host more events, and the draft is a precursor to showing they could support the tourism of the Super Bowl.

Hopefully they have some good Nashville hot chicken available for the players and fans if they hold the draft in Nashville.

On 3/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, SBorBust said:

This fits perfectly with ESPN’s current direction of not caring about sports.

ESPN doesn't dictate the location of the draft do they?  Doesn't the NFL?

And what do you mean?  

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

ESPN doesn't dictate the location of the draft do they?  Doesn't the NFL?

And what do you mean?  

I was just joking because Nashville seems like the last place in the world where the focus would be on the actual players.

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I was just joking because Nashville seems like the last place in the world where the focus would be on the actual players.

Well, the league wants to generate more excitement in other markets. Plus you'd be suprised. Nashville hosts regional March Madness games every year. They hosted the NHL All-star game, the city has really embraced hockey, college football is huge and the Titans are here. The sports talk radio here is actually about sports and not the troll bait crap on WIP in Philly. 

Don't be so quick to judge, Nashville is a great city for hosting events. The NFL is responsible to make focus on the players which they do from senior bowl to combine to draft coverage. 

I don't know. Tennessee is in the south, hotbed of SEC and college football. Those fans may actually know MORE about the college players being drafted than the average NFL fan.

6 hours ago, toolg said:

I don't know. Tennessee is in the south, hotbed of SEC and college football. Those fans may actually know MORE about the college players being drafted than the average NFL fan.

Yep.  SEC fans are just as die hard (if not more) for college football as any segment of NFL fans are for the pros.    The fans will talk X's and O's, scheme, know stats ,etc. They know their stuff.  The people calling into the radio have good questions and comments and aren't just whining like the fools they let on WIP.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, NOTW said:

Well, the league wants to generate more excitement in other markets. Plus you'd be suprised. Nashville hosts regional March Madness games every year. They hosted the NHL All-star game, the city has really embraced hockey, college football is huge and the Titans are here. The sports talk radio here is actually about sports and not the troll bait crap on WIP in Philly. 

Don't be so quick to judge, Nashville is a great city for hosting events. The NFL is responsible to make focus on the players which they do from senior bowl to combine to draft coverage. 

Which is why I prefer WFAN and 98.7 out of New York.