GroundAttack

Which Team Can Go From Worst To First In 2018?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Gmen4ever said:

Then he went and did it twice. :excited:

I'm sorry, I don't recall anything of the sort. Maybe once Carson hoists the LIII Lombardi, I may be able to recall such traumatic memories.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm sorry, I don't recall anything of the sort. Maybe once Carson hoists the LIII Lombardi, I may be able to recall such traumatic memories.  

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

:lol:

Honestly though, now that the Eagles have won it and I was able to witness it, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to that other teams (all other teams) win the Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong, I never want the Cowboys to win another one and I never want the Patriots to win another one. But if a team like the Falcons or the Browns or any other team wins it for the first time, good for them. Just as long as that first time team doesn't do it by beating the Eagles.

The Giants have 21st Century Championships, so there's no point fretting over that. But I like pointing out to Cowboys fans that of those '5 rings' that they like to tout, 0 of them are from THIS century. I'd really like to use that for the rest of my life... and I'd REALLY like the rest of my life to last well into my 90's :huh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing the 2017/2018 Giants to the 2016/2017 Eagles is a complete fallacy.

Eli is at the end of his career, Carson was a rookie.

Trajectory is an actual thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

Comparing the 2017/2018 Giants to the 2016/2017 Eagles is a complete fallacy.

Eli is at the end of his career, Carson was a rookie.

Trajectory is an actual thing.

So is reading comprehension. I didn't compare the two teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texans can make it happen. Their biggest issue is injuries to their best players. I know all teams go through I injuries but they get them to their best players and obviously they don't have good Dept so yeah if they can stay healthy I see them making a playoff run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 8:59 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Always cracks me up when people base their opinions solely on what happened in the previous season, as if there is a less than zero chance that a team can show drastic improvement after making some major changes across the board. Need proof? Look at your own team from 2016 to 2017. Hell, every year, teams surprise the league.

Yeah, no comparison here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

Yeah, no comparison here!

Thats right, there wasn't a comparison at all, hence the reading comprehension remark. You dont appear able to keep up with the conversation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Thats right, there wasn't a comparison at all, hence the reading comprehension remark. You dont appear able to keep up with the conversation

Yeah, sure thing. You absolutely made a comparison, and your smoke and mirrors BS won't work on me. 

Nice try though.

And to re-emphasize my original point, those Eagles and Giants teams are on 2 completely different trajectories. So, it was also a stupid comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

Yeah, sure thing. You absolutely made a comparison, and your smoke and mirrors BS won't work on me. 

Nice try though.

And to re-emphasize my original point, those Eagles and Giants teams are on 2 completely different trajectories. So, it was also a stupid comparison.

Are you smoking crack, clown? I merely said that the eagles went from 7-9 to super bowl champs in one year, which proves that a team can go from worst to first in a short time. If your crack addled brain processes that as a comparison of the eagles and Giants, then you should smoke less and get to rehab ASAP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Niners and Giants are facing the same problem, a really really good team at the top to overcome. The Rams and Eagles are clearly at the top of their divisions. I don't think either of those teams will be ousted as division champs. I don't think any will do it, but if I have to choose...

Then it's the Texans by default for me. They might catch the Jags, but i'm not sure.

I think the Steelers, Pats, Saints, Vikings, and Jags will probably hold on to their respective divisions and the Broncos aren't ready to make the jump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Then it's the Texans by default for me. They might catch the Jags, but i'm not sure.

I think the Texans have a good chance if they can keep some players healthy and if Watson looks like the player he was last year. I know the Jags defense is special but their offense really isn't. And I kind of feel like 10/11 wins is where the Jags are at and that's definitely doable for Houston. Especially as I'm not sure the Jags have especially improved this off season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 5:49 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hover around .500? Have you been drinking? Dude come on. You're an average team at best with a new HC and gaps all over. You have a ridiculous schedule in the first half of the year. You'll be lucky to win 3 games by the half way mark. 

 

On 6/3/2018 at 8:59 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Always cracks me up when people base their opinions solely on what happened in the previous season, as if there is a less than zero chance that a team can show drastic improvement after making some major changes across the board. Need proof? Look at your own team from 2016 to 2017. Hell, every year, teams surprise the league.

Oh look he's all mad and calling me names! 

BTW, this is the post you quoted, you guys were talking specifically about the Giants, and you used the EAGLES as an example as to why the GIANTS could make that kind of turn around. That, you moron, is called a comparison. 

A really bad one. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Very, very bad one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like, awful one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the 49ers have the best chance.  Jimmy G has never lost as a starter with them and while the Rams may be formidable, the Cardinals and Seahawks look like they are in serious decline and if the Rams regress a bit, 49ers could win an NFC West where 9-7 may be good enough.

Texans I would say have a chance, but I think the Jaguars have a MAJOR chip on their shoulder in their only getting one national TV game in spite of making the AFC Championship game last year, though some of that I think can be directly attributed to Ed Sheeran's concert tour and the NFL having to work around that as I suspect otherwise, Jags-Giants would have been the Monday night opener but the NFL was forced to put Jets-Lions there because the Lions wanted to open at home and ONLY could do so on Monday night due to Sheeran. That may be enough to force the NFL to flex the Jags into SNF at least once and more likely twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see the Texans easy. Bortles could easily suck and drag Jacksonville down a notch all by himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really hope the texans can stay healthy this season mainly watson because that kid looked like the real deal, really fun to watch and as we know a good qb can transform an entire team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greenpassion said:

i really hope the texans can stay healthy this season mainly watson because that kid looked like the real deal, really fun to watch and as we know a good qb can transform an entire team

Yeah I'm with you bud. I like the potential of the Texans and Watson was so much fun to watch. Plus, and I can't really put my finger on it, I really really just do not like the Jags. So I personally would love to see someone oust them in the AFC South and I feel like the Texans have the best chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I'm with you bud. I like the potential of the Texans and Watson was so much fun to watch. Plus, and I can't really put my finger on it, I really really just do not like the Jags. So I personally would love to see someone oust them in the AFC South and I feel like the Texans have the best chance. 

I don't dislike the Texans (Other than their bigoted ownership) but Jacksonville is probably one of my top 5 or so "2nd favorite" teams that I would like to see continue to enjoy success.  The Watson/Watt combo is hard to root against but there's just something so refreshing about a team that is so stacked defensively in an offensively-oriented modern NFL landscape.

From our standpoint, there's clearly nothing to regret from the 2016 draft but I couldn't get over the Jaguars haul in the first two rounds that year (Ramsey & Jack).  Along with Elliott, those were the players I thought were a pipe dream to be on the board for our pick in the first, let alone being able to nab Jack in the second.  It was one of those drafts that went so well for a team that you just knew they weren't going away anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 9:59 AM, Eglzfan39 said:

I don't dislike the Texans (Other than their bigoted ownership) but Jacksonville is probably one of my top 5 or so "2nd favorite" teams that I would like to see continue to enjoy success.  The Watson/Watt combo is hard to root against but there's just something so refreshing about a team that is so stacked defensively in an offensively-oriented modern NFL landscape.

From our standpoint, there's clearly nothing to regret from the 2016 draft but I couldn't get over the Jaguars haul in the first two rounds that year (Ramsey & Jack).  Along with Elliott, those were the players I thought were a pipe dream to be on the board for our pick in the first, let alone being able to nab Jack in the second.  It was one of those drafts that went so well for a team that you just knew they weren't going away anytime soon.

Jaguars have one problem: Blake Bortles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 10:41 PM, BKLYNYG said:

It seems the team that gets overlooked in the NFCE is often the one out performs projections. I’ve seen the Giants picked last and third in the division. No higher. I still don’t think they have enough to overtake the Eagles, but I do think they can jump over the Cowboys and Skins. We need another offseason to continue building both lines. 

11-5 Eagles

9-6 Giants

8-8 Redskins

7-9 Cowboys (Garrett will be gone after this season unfortunately)

the broncos and niners both have much improved season(s) and both make the playoffs as WC teams

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 10:14 AM, madriver said:

Giants nearly beat the world champs twice in 2017 and Manning looked pretty damn good doing it. Schwartz had better get this secondary on track because we play a bunch of QBs who get the ball out fast and will have no problem moving a team up and down the field on us.

This had my attention last year, too. Eagles have their work cut out for them, facing 7 playoff teams in the reg season schedule with strong passing games. Better CB's and better LB's competing for roster spots this year - but - this is still the perceived weakness opponents will target.

NYG are the Eagles only real rival in the Div, and Barkley's run attack will keep the Giants passing game alive. They will be very hard to get off the field this year.

Of the Worst-2-First hopefuls,

On 5/28/2018 at 6:38 PM, GroundAttack said:

 

Jets 5-11 --> 6-10 this year
Browns 0-16 --> 4-12
Texans 4-12 --> 11-5 if Watson stays healthy
Broncos 5-11 --> 9-7
Giants 3-13 -->10-6 with a great O and a below-par D
Bears 5-11 --> 8-8
Bucs 5-11 --> 7-9
Niners 6-10 --> 10-6, maybe 11-5, depends in D performance

Think the Jags will slip to 11-5? I doubt that. Think the Rams will finish weak? Me too. Think the AFC West is up for grabs? Chiefs will grab it.

Think the Eagles won't repeat? They will.

Worst to First is a daydream this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now