RealBallHawk20

Andrew Luck

If Andrew Luck doesn’t play a snap this season he should just retire that would be 3 yrs missed..

also if he doesnt play well he should retire , because that shoulder wont be any better...

i think he should retire right now , it would be better for his health

I can see your point and yeah if he doesn't play this year then it's going to be difficult for him. But I guess being a competitor he's going to keep trying until he literally can't go on anymore. 

If he doesnt play he might as well hang around. It makes zero sense financially for him to retire, the colts are still on the hook for 25 million annually.  Why not just rehab and get paid? Getting hit is a different story.

32 minutes ago, boogyman said:

If he doesnt play he might as well hang around. It makes zero sense financially for him to retire, the colts are still on the hook for 25 million annually.  Why not just rehab and get paid? Getting hit is a different story.

I mean... At this point you've got to feel for the Colts a bit right? Give him a huge deal and then he's been unable to play since really. 

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... At this point you've got to feel for the Colts a bit right? Give him a huge deal and then he's been unable to play since really. 

No. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesnt. I chalk it up to an investment that has not paid off as of yet. Happens to every team.

You got to feel for Luck at this point was Dubbed the next - Peyton Manning and had all the Talent and its been flushed and probably will never be the same

10 minutes ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

You got to feel for Luck at this point was Dubbed the next - Peyton Manning and had all the Talent and its been flushed and probably will never be the same

Yeah you're right. I mean, do I think he's going to come back and play football again? Yeah I do. But do I think he's going to come back and be anywhere near the player he was? Hmm I'm not sure. I can't say no definitively but I can't say yes either. 

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah you're right. I mean, do I think he's going to come back and play football again? Yeah I do. But do I think he's going to come back and be anywhere near the player he was? Hmm I'm not sure. I can't say no definitively but I can't say yes either. 

2 yrs for a Shoulder injury on his throwing arm is awful, 

2 hours ago, Mike P said:

If he cant play this year, Foles will be a Colt.

If so, they better be ready to pay up BIG. I'm talking a first rounder and then some...

I personally wouldn't trade him unless it's stupid great value. Nick is proven to be an asset. While draft picks are all gambles.

4 hours ago, Mike P said:

If he cant play this year, Foles will be a Colt.

Why? They are in no position to compete for the playoffs, they just paid Luck a ton of money. So they are gonna have to pay luck who won't be playing and then give up picks and another huge contract to Foles for a team that isn't ready to compete?? 

Meh. Foles contract is manageable this year. Reich gets a QB he knows and trusts. 

Crazier things have happened in the NFL. 

And yes draft picks are "Gamble's". But when Foles gives the $2 mil next season to be a FA eagles get nothing. 

This guy's story is beyond surreal. The man dubbed the next Peyton Manning and he hasn't played in years because of his injury. Meanwhile from that same draft, Foles got himself a ring.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:57 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Meh he never lived up to the hype even when healthy.

28 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

I don't agree with that at all. I thought he looked fantastic. They're a below average team without him, yet he took a couple of those teams to the playoffs.

8 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Did he not? You mean progressing a flawed team a round further in the play offs in his first three years? A team who were drafting at #1 when they took him. 

Ok. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did he not? You mean progressing a flawed team a round further in the play offs in his first three years? A team who were drafting at #1 when they took him. 

Ok. 

Luck did have problems with bad interceptions but, other then that he was putting up great numbers and winning with no line and no run game his whole time there. They have been saying it since he was drafted they need to get him blocking and a run game before he gets killed. Well they didn't and now his career is in Jeopardy

11 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I don't agree with that at all. I thought he looked fantastic. They're a below average team without him, yet he took a couple of those teams to the playoffs.

Eh, I actually agree with Bobby on this one. Yeah he made some plays but he was way too careless with the ball. He turned it over at a stupid rate, including in the playoffs. Everyone likes to rave about his 4th quarter comebacks, but leave out the fact that the reason he had to come back was due to him turning the ball over putting them in the hole early. 

3 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Luck did have problems with bad interceptions but, other then that he was putting up great numbers and winning with no line and no run game his whole time there. They have been saying it since he was drafted they need to get him blocking and a run game before he gets killed. Well they didn't and now his career is in Jeopardy

Yeah OK he did but he was a young guy in a team with no O line and no run game as you point out. That's going to result in interceptions and mistakes by any QB. 

Leaving injuries out of the equation for a moment, I wouldn’t consider Luck as bad or a bust by any means, but I also don’t think he ever quite lived up to his billing prior to getting drafted where he seemed to get talked about as a can’t miss phenom. 

On 6/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

This guy's story is beyond surreal. The man dubbed the next Peyton Manning and he hasn't played in years because of his injury. Meanwhile from that same draft, Foles got himself a ring.

Also from the same draft class, Russel Wilson got his ring.

2 hours ago, xitrum said:

Both third round QBs got Super Bowl rings while 2/4 first round QBs are fighting to be make rosters and basically out of the league.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:03 AM, nipples said:

Eh, I actually agree with Bobby on this one. Yeah he made some plays but he was way too careless with the ball. He turned it over at a stupid rate, including in the playoffs. Everyone likes to rave about his 4th quarter comebacks, but leave out the fact that the reason he had to come back was due to him turning the ball over putting them in the hole early. 

Agreed. He was decent but hyped up to be the next generational qb. I dont think he was all that was advertised

7 hours ago, xitrum said:

Two third rounders beating a sixth rounder. Incredible.