Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

San Francisco 49ers great Dwight Clark dies at age 61

San Francisco 49ers great Dwight Clark passed away Monday at the age of 61, his family confirmed.

Clark will be best remembered for his role in "The Catch," the game-winning touchdown reception at the end of the 1981 NFC Championship Game, which sent San Francisco to its first Super Bowl and ignited a dynasty.

Clark spent the entirety of his nine-year career with the 49ers. Clark ranks third and fourth in franchise history in receiving yards and receptions, respectively.

A two-time All-Pro receiver and two-time Super Bowl champion with the Niners, Clark was diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, in March 2017.

Around The NFL will have on Clark's legacy soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935666/article/san-francisco-49ers-great-dwight-clark-dies-at-age-61

ALS sucks.  RIP Dwight Clark. He was a gritty player.. It's a shame that he died at 61.

I just saw this before coming in here. The Catch is burned into my brain forever 

RIP Dwight

I heard Carmen Policy talking about Clark on Sirius XM NFL, last night. Great stories. I remember watching him (to an extent), during his career. From hearing stories, both about his time on the field and off, he sounds like he was a really good guy.

He definitely has one of the more iconic plays in NFL history, so in that sense, he will live on for many, many years.