VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

It's getting close to training camp, and I normally make this thread in July, but since today is the greatest day in NFL Offseason History (Eagles Ring Day), I thought I'd do it a little early this year.

So, who gets fired during or after the 2018 season?

Does Marvin Lewis finally meet his fate and get fired? YES!

Who gets the axe this year?

Jay Gruden?
Andy Reid? Is Andy in a Super Bowl or Bust situation?
Jason Garrett?
Bill Belichick?
Hue Jackson Fired after Week 8 - 10/29/2018
Mike McCarthy Fired on gameday, after Week 12 loss - 12/2/2018
Dirk Koetter
Steve Wilks
Vance Joseph
Todd Bowles
Adam Gase
Marvin Lewis

Here's last years thread:

Jason Garrett has got to go eventually.  If the Cowboys don't have a winning record, I think he's gone. 

I'm actually stunned that Jay Gruden still has a job.  

My first to go:  Vance Joseph (Broncos HC).  Broncos were pretty bad last year.  They made a desperation signing of Case Keenum, but I think they'll still be bad. 

6 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

If the Cowboys don't have a winning record, I think he's gone. 

He probably ought to be fired even if they make it to the playoffs but don't win at least 1 game.

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Andy Reid is gonna go

I hope he wins a Super Bowl (as a head coach) before his career ends.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I hope he wins a Super Bowl (as a head coach) before his career ends.

I doubt it, his act is getting old in Kansas City now. Also has a new raw QB to groom with a defense that has been going down hill. 

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

I doubt it, his act is getting old in Kansas City now. Also has a new raw QB to groom with a defense that has been going down hill. 

Oh, I doubt he wins one in KC too, but I think he'll be hired by someone else after KC fires him, unless he's just ready to retire.

5 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh, I doubt he wins one in KC too, but I think he'll be hired by someone else after KC fires him, unless he's just ready to retire.

Yeah I kind of feel like Reid almost becomes a HC who can steer your franchise in the right direction for so long but then ultimately his act grows old and it goes down hill. Maybe teams need to hire him and move on before they hit the downward trajectory? 

I do fear for KC this year. Mahones is a really talented young QB but I think that offense has flaws and are going to struggle. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I kind of feel like Reid almost becomes a HC who can steer your franchise in the right direction for so long but then ultimately his act grows old and it goes down hill. Maybe teams need to hire him and move on before they hit the downward trajectory? 

I do fear for KC this year. Mahones is a really talented young QB but I think that offense has flaws and are going to struggle. 

Andy Reid had to hand over play calling duties mid season cause they were on a major losing streak. Reid is just flat out horrible on game day

11 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Andy Reid had to hand over play calling duties mid season cause they were on a major losing streak. Reid is just flat out horrible on game day

Exactly bud... Perhaps an organisation needs to create a new role for him that means he's not involved on game day. 

I wish I could say Lewis, but until Mike Brown actually does it, I can’t say him. 

Drafting Mahommes may have bought Ried a few more years. Since this will be his first true season playing, I would say Reid is safe for 2018. 2019, his seat may warm up a bit. 

Garrett doesn’t deserve his job, but maybe Jones really does like having a puppet. He’s been the HC since mid 2010. A lot longer than he’s deserved to stick around. 

Maybe Bill O’Brien if the Texans don’t get back to the playoffs?

Seems like this year might be a little lighter on the coaching change front. A lot of the crappy teams have already recently replaced their HC.

My list of contenders is...

-Marvin Lewis (Bengals)

-Jason Garrett  (Cowboys)

-Vance Joseph (Broncos)

-Mike McCarthy (Packers)

-Adam Gase (Dolphins)

-Dirk Koetter (Bucs)

4 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

My list of contenders is...

-Marvin Lewis (Bengals)

-Jason Garrett  (Cowboys)

-Vance Joseph (Broncos)

-Mike McCarthy (Packers)

-Adam Gase (Dolphins)

-Dirk Koetter (Bucs)

I think I would agree here... Some of those teams need to start making progress. Others are perhaps in their second year with their HC and so are going to want to see that some kind of improvements are being made. 

Lewis is the vampire of head coaches. He is immortal. When the nukes hit all that will be left is cockroaches and Lewis will still be coaching the Bengals.

This is probably Bellicheck's final season, and Brady's.

The Pokes are looking at a 7-9 finish, and Garrett is probably going to LA. (Chargers OC)

Tomlinson is probably going to get axed after the Steelers finish 9-7.

The smart Harbaugh is probably done in Baltimore this year. May go to Cleveland...

Bruce Arians is facing a prove-it season, depending on how he plays his Cards.

Marvin Lewis may indeed get fired this year, but Vance Joseph will fill his duties as vampire from here out.

5 minutes ago, Yigglez said:

Steven Wilks is the Cardinals head coach, Arians retired at the end of last season.

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wilks is the Cardinals head coach, Arians retired at the end of last season

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wow, how'd I miss that ? Guess I better read about something besides the Eagles. Boring, but perhaps necessary...

Unexpected plot twist no one sees coming:

Doug Pederson gets caught in an illegal gambling sting betting against his own team, forcing Jeffrey Lurie to fire him completely confused as to why he'd keep coaching winning football while betting against himself :angel::whistle:

Hard to see Belichick being fired. Maybe a mutual parting of the ways.

Reid should be feeling the pressure.

Garrett and Jay Gruden are good candidates.  But I think they both depend on having bad seasons, not just 'not good' seasons.

My front runner is Ron Rivera. New owner coming in may want all his own top people. And the Panthers didn't look that good last year. He's going to need a really good year, IMO.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:16 PM, Yigglez said:

This is probably Bellicheck's final season, and Brady's.

The Pokes are looking at a 7-9 finish, and Garrett is probably going to LA. (Chargers OC)

Tomlinson is probably going to get axed after the Steelers finish 9-7.

The smart Harbaugh is probably done in Baltimore this year. May go to Cleveland...

Marvin Lewis may indeed get fired this year, but Vance Joseph will fill his duties as vampire from here out.

The steelers get 5-6 wins in their division by default. I dont see them 9-7 in a weak afc

1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

The steelers get 5-6 wins in their division by default. I dont see them 9-7 in a weak afc

I dunno... You don't think Cinncy might come along better next year? And what about the Cleveland Br... No OK I can't finish that one. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I dunno... You don't think Cinncy might come along better next year? And what about the Cleveland Br... No OK I can't finish that one. 

It's divisional games though. The browns gave the Steelers fits last year. The Ravens always play the Steelers well and Bengals who knows what team shows up. They only beat the browns by 3 twice the Ravens by 1 once and the Bengals by 3 once. 

15 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

It's divisional games though. The browns gave the Steelers fits last year. The Ravens always play the Steelers well and Bengals who knows what team shows up. They only beat the browns by 3 twice the Ravens by 1 once and the Bengals by 3 once. 

Yeah exactly and certainly the Browns look to have improved again. I mean I know they were a bit of a joke last year but they were in a lot of games until late. Take some of those players in their second year and some extra talent this off season and I think they'll give teams a real game. 

On 7/7/2018 at 3:59 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah exactly and certainly the Browns look to have improved again. I mean I know they were a bit of a joke last year but they were in a lot of games until late. Take some of those players in their second year and some extra talent this off season and I think they'll give teams a real game. 

Speaking of the Browns, I wonder if Hue is a candidate for the unemployment line. I know the Cleveland brain trust has said not but if there are enough questionable in-games decisions made ....... I know the Browns were known for pulling the trigger on coaches prematurely but they don't need to go to the other extreme. Or maybe he's safe this year but less so next, dunno.

On 7/7/2018 at 3:59 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the browns may win 1-3 games this year but i still have pitt sweeping them. Ravens on paper are terrible. They could be the worse team in the league. Cinci is unpredictable but ultimately i see pitt running away with that divsion. They don't bring it every week but are far superior to those teams