VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

Green Bay might be the ONLY NFL team Saban would go to.  His wife Terri apparently LOVES to be "Queen of the Ball" and GB is the only NFL city where she can do that. 

I never judge another man's wife, but Terry Saban looks like Nick Saban's mother, rather than his wife....

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

Green Bay might be the ONLY NFL team Saban would go to.  His wife Terri apparently LOVES to be "Queen of the Ball" and GB is the only NFL city where she can do that. 

Nah, he's "been there, done that" He made $11 million last year and he's over $9 million this year at Alabama, an NFL team would have to give him a lot of power to get him to leave from down there.

J Geezy bought himself another year in Dallas, which he has a habit of doing when the seat gets hot. I'm hoping they at least fire Linehan and get a good OC

3 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

When Black Monday falls................

Club's gonna dig themselves a hole- Gonna lay coaches down in it, 'til they satisfy their souls.

Ain't gonna let this day pass by me,

Lot of those guys out there say: "try me!"

after the blood runs cold when the heads have stopped their roll.

When Black Monday calls they gonna stake their claim.....................

The teams just change the names.............................

McCarthy/Jackson/Bowles/Wilkes/Joseph/Gase/Lewis/Koetter.

Zimmer?  Tomlin? Harbaugh?-all in the on-deck circle.................................

Over/under was 7.  Already 8.............and I'm not sure it's done yet.

Wild.

love me some Steely Dan

I think today is just fascinating. The firings, the playoffs are set, flipping back and forth between NFL Network and ESPN.

Oh wow. ESPN just said that the top 6 paid QBs are not in the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

In the case of Hue Jackson, Lewis wanted him to take over the Bengals after the 2016 season before he took the Browns job.  Would not be surprised if with Jackson there to take over, Mike Brown felt he could fire Lewis and simply promote Jackson to HC (as that satisfies the Rooney Rule).

Josh McDaniels likely would have been the Colts HC except as I understood it Mrs. McDaniels didn't want to move to Indy and put her foot down on that.  If he leaves NE this time, I'm sure some will speculate it might actually have had to do with politics because Indiana is the home state of Mike Pence, the current VP.  

:lol:

I put the fired coaches in the first post, in red. Have I miss anyone?

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hue Jackson Fired after Week 8 - 10/29/2018
Mike McCarthy Fired on gameday, after Week 12 loss - 12/2/2018
Dirk Koetter
Steve Wilks
Vance Joseph
Todd Bowles
Adam Gase
Marvin Lewis

6 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

In the case of Hue Jackson, Lewis wanted him to take over the Bengals after the 2016 season before he took the Browns job.  Would not be surprised if with Jackson there to take over, Mike Brown felt he could fire Lewis and simply promote Jackson to HC (as that satisfies the Rooney Rule).

Josh McDaniels likely would have been the Colts HC except as I understood it Mrs. McDaniels didn't want to move to Indy and put her foot down on that.  If he leaves NE this time, I'm sure some will speculate it might actually have had to do with politics because Indiana is the home state of Mike Pence, the current VP.  

Josh should have taken Colts HC job and move to Indy whether his wife wanted him to or not. Possibly a great opportunity he had with Andrew Luck as QB.

5 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

J Geezy bought himself another year in Dallas, which he has a habit of doing when the seat gets hot. I'm hoping they at least fire Linehan and get a good OC

You mean like Steve Sarkisian?

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Josh should have taken Colts HC job and move to Indy whether his wife wanted him to or not. Possibly a great opportunity he had with Andrew Luck as QB.

You mean like Steve Sarkisian?

Sarkisian is below average but is an upgrade over Linehan

On 6/18/2018 at 6:58 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

Seems like this year might be a little lighter on the coaching change front. A lot of the crappy teams have already recently replaced their HC.

My list of contenders is...

-Marvin Lewis (Bengals)

-Jason Garrett  (Cowboys)

-Vance Joseph (Broncos)

-Mike McCarthy (Packers)

-Adam Gase (Dolphins)

-Dirk Koetter (Bucs)

I feel like I did pretty well. :whistle:

10 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I'm surprised Rivera and Tomlin weren't fired

Rivera maybe. Not so much Tomlin. Pitt doesn’t have a strong history of firing coaches. 

There's already people complaining about the amount of black HC firings 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Rivera maybe. Not so much Tomlin. Pitt doesn’t have a strong history of firing coaches. 

Yea but their best RB held out and they sat their best WR during a must win game because he got into it with the franchise QB

Wouldn't be surprised if he's lost or is losing the locker room

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Steelers have had exactly THREE HCs in the past half-century: Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin.  The Rooneys are very loyal. 

What is this gibberish about Marvin Lewis "endorsing" Hue Jackson as the next Cincinnati coach? Since when do fired head coaches get to designate their successor? I guess it's a fitting end to Marvin's inexplicable tenure in Cincy.

Aside from that, Jackson is obviously a terrible coach. The team won more games in a half season without him than they did in two and a half seasons with him!

1 hour ago, 55thAndRams said:

What is this gibberish about Marvin Lewis "endorsing" Hue Jackson as the next Cincinnati coach? Since when do fired head coaches get to designate their successor? I guess it's a fitting end to Marvin's inexplicable tenure in Cincy.

Aside from that, Jackson is obviously a terrible coach. The team won more games in a half season without him than they did in two and a half seasons with him!

Lewis was NOT fired.  He actually wanted to leave last year, but Mike Brown convinced him to stay on and really wanted him to stay on until he stepped down.  Brown only let him go this time because he wanted to leave. 

13 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Some people may not like Tomlin but the Rooneys don't care.

He has 8 playoff wins including a Super Bowl (and playing in another)

His next losing season will be his first.

He has won 10+ games in 8 of 12 seasons.

Who exactly do you want to replace him with?

125-66-1 and people think 9-6-1 should get him fired because Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell are turds?

4 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Can someone explain to me what a Adam Gase has ever done?  And exclude the Peyton Manning year please 

So Manning put up 55 TDs in every other season too?

He had to deal with a lot in Miami like his starting QB walked in off the street late in preseason in 2017.

His corner back's wife was a Kaepernick on social media.

Suh had an insanely overpriced contract

Gase went 13-11 with Tannehill, 2-3 with Osweiler, 6-8 with Cutler, and 0-2 with Matt Moore.

I don't think 23-25 in 3 years with that mess at QB means you can write him off.

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Steelers have had exactly THREE HCs in the past half-century: Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin.  The Rooneys are very loyal. 

They have also been 3 very good coaches. 

• Noll went to 4 Super Bowls and won them all
  • Cowher went to 2 and won 1.
  • Tomlin went to 2 and won 1.