VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If I remember right, wasn't he an assistant in Arizona? I think they were high on him. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get that job.

I think he was the DC right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rooney's are loyal to a fault, but I think it's going to cost them going into the upcoming season. Tomlin won't be gone now, but just wait until next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is Tomlin also the GM or do the Steelers have a separate GM?

I believe they do have a GM, but the name slips my mind right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I believe they do have a GM, but the name slips my mind right now. 

My thought was that if Tomlin is the GM then the Bell situation, and the impending Antonio Brown situation could be blamed on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My thought was that if Tomlin is the GM then the Bell situation, and the impending Antonio Brown situation could be blamed on him.

Just looked it up. Kevin Colbert is their GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Couldn't agree more. And whilst I think the Rooney rule was a good idea years ago I feel we need to move past that. Give the job to the right man but don't ever base it on skin color. And ultimately now I feel some organisations just give lip service to the rooney rule. 

 

 

Can you name a single "rooney rule hire" that was clearly worse than the all the white coaches hired that year?  When you go down the list of worst head coaches of the last 10 years you don't see a disproportionate # of black coaches there.  Hue Jackson may be the worst black Head Coach in history but he was actually coveted by a number of teams, hardly somebody you blame on the Rooney Rule.

 

Rooney Rule does one and only one thing:  get your foot in the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

 

 

Can you name a single "rooney rule hire" that was clearly worse than the all the white coaches hired that year?  When you go down the list of worst head coaches of the last 10 years you don't see a disproportionate # of black coaches there.  Hue Jackson may be the worst black Head Coach in history but he was actually coveted by a number of teams, hardly somebody you blame on the Rooney Rule.

 

Rooney Rule does one and only one thing:  get your foot in the door.

But I'm not arguing that the Rooney rule hire means black coaches get a chance and are a bad choice. I'm saying colour shouldn't ever be a factor in any hire. And so I'm saying yes the Rooney rule has given black coaches a chance at HC jobs but it shouldn't need that anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

The Rooney's are loyal to a fault, but I think it's going to cost them going into the upcoming season. Tomlin won't be gone now, but just wait until next season.

I know it seemed counter-intuitive, and still does................but I'm absolutely shocked Tomlin and Zimmer still have their jobs.  Pittsburgh's staff lost that locker room this year, and that's why they're not in the post-season.

Somebody signed off on Cousins and blew up Minny's season as fast as it began.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 12:30 PM, RepPhilly said:

Bowles and Wilks should have been given at least another year.  Give Bowles a good WR, RB and TE for Darnold to work with then see where it goes.  Not sure what you expect from Wilks in 1 year with a rookie QB and they're basically rebuilding.  Unless something goes on behind the scenes where Wilks and the front office don't get along or something.

Jets have season ticket holders who specifically want an offensive minded head coach (not to mention those on 98.7 in New York, the Jets radio station). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Packers hired Matt LaFleur as their head coach.

Interesting hire. I am not sure that one is going to work out but hey a lot thought Jackson was a great hire for Cleveland and Doug was a bad hire for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Packers hired Matt LaFleur as their head coach.

Yeah I can't say I like the direction.  I thought they needed a strong, established defensive guy.  Somebody Aaron won't mess with and let's face it the defense has major issues.  Then let Rodgers pick his own OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious if he went in knowing Winston would be the QB or if he's going to draft his own or go after a vet. Lots of talented weapons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'm curious if he went in knowing Winston would be the QB or if he's going to draft his own or go after a vet. Lots of talented weapons

You say he and Winston, so I assume you're talking about Arians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You say he and Winston, so I assume you're talking about Arians?

Yup. I didn't think people would want him back because he's old but the responses I saw on the nfl facebook post about it where pretty much all positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Yup. I didn't think people would want him back because he's old but the responses I saw on the nfl facebook post about it where pretty much all positive

Never liked him. Every time I see him coaching a game, he's crying to the refs about something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston is trash. Coming out I thought he had a shot to be really good but he carried his turnover issues into the pros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Never liked him. Every time I see him coaching a game, he's crying to the refs about something.

Ironically I would have gone with Arians when the time came to replace Andy here as Arians had coached here before at Temple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

Ironically I would have gone with Arians when the time came to replace Andy here as Arians had coached here before at Temple. 

I'm glad we got Chip. No Chip, no destroyed roster/locker room. No destroyed roster/locker room, (likely) no firing before the 2016 season. No firing before the 2016 season. No firing before the 2016 season, no Doug hire (and no trades to get Wentz). Take away all of those things, and we most likely don't own a Lombardi trophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, boogyman said:

Winston is trash. Coming out I thought he had a shot to be really good but he carried his turnover issues into the pros.

Arians and Winston is a franchise spinning its wheels.

 

As far as I'm concerned the HC hires are 0/3 so far.  Packers should have hired Vic Fangio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Arians and Winston is a franchise spinning its wheels.

 

As far as I'm concerned the HC hires are 0/3 so far.  Packers should have hired Vic Fangio.

I can't remember the last time the Packers hired a defensive minded coach. I think Vic does to Denver. Has some great pieces over there for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now