VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

If I'm the Browns I'd just get rid of Hue Jackson. I just don't trust him to groom a young QB.

6 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I think the browns may win 1-3 games this year but i still have pitt sweeping them. Ravens on paper are terrible. They could be the worse team in the league. Cinci is unpredictable but ultimately i see pitt running away with that divsion. They don't bring it every week but are far superior to those teams 

Wouldn't it be good for the Ravens to be the worst team this team. Pick #33 will do very nicely. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wouldn't it be good for the Ravens to be the worst team this team. Pick #33 will do very nicely. 

Its very possible. I dont think flacco survives the season. They have no running game, no wrs, a meh oline, and an average defense. Its hard to see many wins for them. 

McDermott might be a goner if the season stays true to what has happened thus far.

I'll make a definitive statement by saying this will be Mike Tomlin's last year. A tie with the Browns, lockeroom instability, his sideline antics through the years, a very underwhelming defense and underdeveloped defense. All of this reeks of poor structure and lack of improvement.

1 hour ago, madriver said:

Gotta be whoever's coaching the cards. Shurmur better not get too comfy either.

The guy coaching the cards is only in year one with a transition to a QB they just drafted so he gets at least another year. 

Bill Obrien

McDermott 

Sean Peyton

Dirk Koetter if he's Fs up what they got going on in Tampa right now

Jay Gruden, I'd take him as a QB coach 

Mike Tomlin should be but the Steelers stick with their HCs so who knows

Vance Joseph

Jason Garrett, i really hope not. I love this guy. 

Mike McCarthy 

Pete Carroll

Forgot about the Lions coach. They're already wanting to chase him out of dodge. Seriously, he may not make it to the end of the season.

34 minutes ago, madriver said:

Forgot about the Lions coach. They're already wanting to chase him out of dodge. Seriously, he may not make it to the end of the season.

Yeah, from what I've heard, the players can't stand him.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:58 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

Seems like this year might be a little lighter on the coaching change front. A lot of the crappy teams have already recently replaced their HC.

My list of contenders is...

-Marvin Lewis (Bengals)

-Jason Garrett  (Cowboys)

-Vance Joseph (Broncos)

-Mike McCarthy (Packers)

-Adam Gase (Dolphins)

-Dirk Koetter (Bucs)

Aaaaaand all are 2-0 except for McCarthy (1-0-1) and Garrett (1-1) :lol:

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, from what I've heard, the players can't stand him.

I think that's the problem with the Patriot coaching tree. They all want to run a team like Belichick without the success, that doesn't end very well

Garrett should just get a lifetime contract.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Patricia was one and done in Detroit.

Every  year for the past 3 years I predicted Marvin Lewis would be fired. This year I'm predicting that he'll be back next season.

15 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I just hope Jason Garrett isn't fired.

I hope he is, I've been telling Jerry for the past couple of years that he's more qualified than anyone on Earth to take over as coach...

Buccaneers fire defensive coordinator Mike Smith

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000974617/article/buccaneers-fire-defensive-coordinator-mike-smith

After owning one of the worst defenses in the NFL through the first six weeks of the season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are making a change.

Defensive coordinator Mike Smith has been fired from his post, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Monday, per sources informed of the move.

Linebackers coach Mark Duffer will take over as the interim DC.

The team later confirmed the move.

"I have the utmost respect for Mike Smith as a man and as a football coach," coach Dirk Koetter said in a statement. "These decisions are always difficult, but our top priority here is to ensure that we do everything possible to help this team succeed. As I have said in the past, the issues we have had as a team are never one person's fault. During good times, as well as the bad, it is a collective effort between the coaches and the players. We all understand that this is a result-based profession and our results to this point have not met our standards. I want to thank Mike for all the hard work and passion he has displayed here on a daily basis and I wish him well moving forward."

Smith joined the Bucs in 2016 when Koetter was elevated to head coach. Since Smith took over in Tampa, the Bucs have given up 20 400-yard games, most in the NFL -- the next closest over that span is the Colts and 49ers (heading into MNF) with 16.

The 20 400-yard games include Sunday's 416 total yards allowed in a loss to the Atlanta Falcons -- 346 yards passing from Matt Ryan and 70 rushing yards allowed.

While the Bucs upgraded their defensive front this season, including adding pass rusher Jason Pierre-Paul, Tampa's back-end remains one of the worst in the NFL. Bucs defenders have often been put in bad spots, miscommunicated, and played some suspect schemes.

Through six week, Smith's defense ranked 32nd in points per game allowed (34.6), 32nd in passing yards given up per tilt (355.6), and 31st in yards allowed per game (439.8), and compiled 9 total sacks (28th overall) while being the fifth stingiest run defense (84.2 YPG).

Tampa gave up 400-plus yards in each of their five games this season.

With a high-flying offense, there's an argument to be made that the Bucs could be leading their division if they'd have only given up 350 yards per game and 25 PPG -- near NFL averages.

It's odd timing to move on from Smith. Given that their bye was in Week 5, had the move come earlier perhaps the changes could have been more meaningful. Nevertheless, Tampa will attempt to adjust on the fly.

At 2-3, if the losing streak extends with games versus the Browns and Bengals, it could be Koetter who is next out the door in Tampa.

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Buccaneers fire defensive coordinator Mike Smith

Their defense sucks but, their offense isn't that great either. That was a scale goat move

Hue Jackson’s record ranks 218th of 219 coaches in NFL history

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/hue-jacksons-record-ranks-218th-of-219-coaches-in-nfl-history/

If you are what your record says you are, Hue Jackson is the second-worst coach in NFL history.

The Browns’ loss today drops Jackson to 11-44-1 as an NFL head coach: 8-8 in Oakland and 3-36-1 in Cleveland. That’s a winning percentage of .205.

How bad is that? There have been 219 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 40 games in their career. Jackson ranks 218th in career winning percentage.

The only coach who was worse was Bert Bell, who led the Eagles to a record of 10-46-2 (.179) from 1936 to 1941. And Bell couldn’t be fired because he was also the owner of the Eagles.

Jackson doesn’t have that luxury. Soon, Jimmy Haslam is going to have to make a decision about the direction of his franchise. When your coach has won only three games and he’s in the middle of his third season, it’s past time to ask hard questions about whether you need to replace him.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:51 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

Their defense sucks but, their offense isn't that great either. That was a scale goat move

I'll have to start using that lol

Jameis Winston didn't help matters on offense and got benched. I guess Koetter's seat is hot if he quickly yanked Winston.

3 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I'll have to start using that lol

Jameis Winston didn't help matters on offense and got benched. I guess Koetter's seat is hot if he quickly yanked Winston.

That team is loaded on offense and they still are terrible. Mostly because of Winston. 

And lol you have to weight the goat before you can scape it lol

9 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Giants HC, OC, and/or Oline coach

I don't know, Mara doesn't seem like a knee-jerk kind of owner. I'd think he'll give him at least 2 season, if not 3.

Of course it’d have to be an Eagles coach with a worse winning percentage than Jackson. <_<

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Of course it’d have to be an Eagles coach with a worse winning percentage than Jackson. <_<

If he loses the last 8 games of the season, he'll be at .180. So he'd still be in 2nd place lol.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If he loses the last 8 games of the season, he'll be at .180. So he'd still be in 2nd place lol.

He can fall below next year. :lol: