VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

19 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Lol will the new HC this offseason want to draft his own or will they stick with their first rounder 

I’d imagine any HC would have to be onboard with Mayfield going in. 

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know, Mara doesn't seem like a knee-jerk kind of owner. I'd think he'll give him at least 2 season, if not 3.

And Mara knows a lot of this is on him.  The Giants felt like they owed Eli after last year, which was why they took Barkley. 

At the same time, Ben McAdoo may have been vindicated a bit as to why he never played Davis Webb last year.  He likely knew Webb could not do much, especially with the O-line as ravaged as it is.  That is also why I would have neither taken a QB or Barkley with pick #2 and instead traded down to get more picks and use that on the OL and maybe someone like Sony Michel at the end of the first round.  

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

If I were them, John DeFilippo has to be near the top of my list.

Maybe they’ll take Duce?

7 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Maybe they’ll take Duce?

Actually, I think it will be Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley.  He was already considered a serious candidate for teams last season and many in the NFL admire his work at Oklahoma, where most importantly for the Browns he was Baker Mayfield's head coach.  I would not be surprised if because of Mayfield Riley makes the move to the NFL. 

16 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Lmao....Browns doing Browns things.

Todd Haley is vastly overrated IMO, but to fire your HC and OC on the same day......

10 minutes ago, birdman said:

Lmao....Browns doing Browns things.

Todd Haley is vastly overrated IMO, but to fire your HC and OC on the same day......

Lol someone said this on Facebook post on the nfl page about the firing 

Just now, mike030270 said:

Lol someone said this on Facebook post on the nfl page about the firing 

Hah....wasn't me :ph34r:

Just heard the news on Gargano & Myrtetus and saw Don's post

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Didn't expect it today, kind of figured they'd wait until the season was over... then again, their season is already over.

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Way to F up the development of another QB Browns. 

That's why I think Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley is the frontrunner for the permanent job.  Riley was Mayfield's HC last year at Oklahoma and would likely bring his system with him.  Plus, unless OU makes the CFB Playoff, they could bring Riley in right after the Big 12 Championship Game Dec. 1st, meaning they could have Riley there for the last 3-4 games of this season.  

23 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

That's why I think Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley is the frontrunner for the permanent job.  Riley was Mayfield's HC last year at Oklahoma and would likely bring his system with him.  Plus, unless OU makes the CFB Playoff, they could bring Riley in right after the Big 12 Championship Game Dec. 1st, meaning they could have Riley there for the last 3-4 games of this season.  

That doesn't help Mayfield. College coaches 9/10 blow

18 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He can fall below next year. :lol: 

Since Bell was only the coach for the Eagles, we have to calculate hue for a single team winning percentage.

Let's see, 3-36-1... that's 3.5 wins and 36.5 losses out of 40 games.

His Browns winning percentage out of 40 games coached is .088.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Since Bell was only the coach for the Eagles, we have to calculate hue for a single team winning percentage.

Let's see, 3-36-1... that's 3.5 wins and 36.5 losses out of 40 games.

His Browns winning percentage out of 40 games coached is .088.

That's not too good. :lol:

I'd be curious to see what a decent coach could do. Seems like they have some talent there, and with 4 OT games, they're not getting blown out every week. A better kicker and they'd have a few more wins. They're not getting the wins yet, but they're giving teams games. Eventually, the wins will come with the right direction.

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That doesn't help Mayfield. College coaches 9/10 blow

Riley is only 33-34 I believe.  People within the NFL are already talking with him about how he does things.  

As long as he kept someone like Williams as his DC, he definitely could be HC for a long time.  

3 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Way to F up the development of another QB Browns. 

Agree and it's why I felt that the Browns should have cut their losses with him after last season. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That's not too good. :lol:

I'd be curious to see what a decent coach could do. Seems like they have some talent there, and with 4 OT games, they're not getting blown out every week. A better kicker and they'd have a few more wins. They're not getting the wins yet, but they're giving teams games. Eventually, the wins will come with the right direction.

Depending on who they eventually hire, I'd expect them to begin to at least be competent and compete.

25 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Does Bowles make it another week after getting blown out by the Bills?

Yea I'd be shocked if he makes it past this week.