VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

LOL

Hasn't this always been Marvin's defense? I mean he was labeled a defensive genius, won the SB for Baltimore. I always assumed it was sort of like the Patriots. Patrica was defensive coordinator but Belichick is the defensive mastermind, it's truly his defense. Regardless of the this decision....Lewis is and always has been the main problem with this team. Another talented Bengals team wasting away. 

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Getting destroyed by Buffalo is very bad....being destroyed by Buffalo with Matt Barkley looking like Jim Kelly is even worse 

7 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Might happen next week if the Saints continue to play the way they are.

Don, you're not the type to overreact, so reading that from you gets my hopes up lol.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Don, you're not the type to overreact, so reading that from you gets my hopes up lol.

I'm not sure they would, but if the Saints come out and drop 50 on the defense, anything is possible.

19 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I'm not sure they would, but if the Saints come out and drop 50 on the defense, anything is possible.

I’d be pleasantly surprised. 

They way I see it, someone on our defensive coaching staff will be the sacrificial lamb next Monday after Brees lights up this cheesecloth defense.

I can only hope that it's Schwartz, but it's probably going to be Undlin.

7 hours ago, birdman said:

They way I see it, someone on our defensive coaching staff will be the sacrificial lamb next Monday after Brees lights up this cheesecloth defense.

Very likely

7 hours ago, birdman said:

I think you might be right there. Trouble is if the secondary gets lit up then yeah it'll be Undlin not Schwartz... Even though it'll be down to Schwartz soft scheme. 

Wasn't the original plan for Jackson to take over the job from Lewis if he didn't get a HC job in 2016?

To be fair, it's probably not a bad hire. Dalton had his best season ever with Hue as the OC. They were 12-4 that season with AJ McCarron having to lead them at the end of the year and into a playoff game they lost through Marvin Lewis incompetence. Dalton turned into a giant potato after that. 

I think Jackson might be one of those guys who is just a good coordinator but a terrible HC. Kind of like Wade Phillips 

On 11/13/2018 at 8:55 AM, Mat said:

Wasn't the original plan for Jackson to take over the job from Lewis if he didn't get a HC job in 2016?

To be fair, it's probably not a bad hire. Dalton had his best season ever with Hue as the OC. They were 12-4 that season with AJ McCarron having to lead them at the end of the year and into a playoff game they lost through Marvin Lewis incompetence. Dalton turned into a giant potato after that. 

I think Jackson might be one of those guys who is just a good coordinator but a terrible HC. Kind of like Wade Phillips 

True.

What's interesting is that it's reported that Hue Jackson is working with the defensive side of the ball.

Dirk Koetter will probably get canned as well.  What do you guys think of him as the OC for the Eagles next year if he is let go?

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

For the 456th time.......Marvin Lewis. 

You know what'll happen, right? Lewis gets fired, Hue gets hired to take his place. Mid-way though the 2019 season (after going 1-7), Hue hires Marvin as the 'Special Assistant to the Head Coach'. 2 weeks before the 2019 season ends, Hue is fired and Marvin is named interim coach, which is made permanent in January 2020.

Marvin then goes on to coach the Bengals for another 10 years, leading them to 0 playoff wins and an 80-80 record in his 'second stint' as Bengals head coach. Retiring from coaching at that point.

11 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

How does Bowles keep his job?

He got a pass the first couple of years cause he inherited a team that was a Trainwreck on offense. Last year they managed to play better then expected. This year he might be in trouble

I was curious as to how the 2016 Head Coach class has fared as of today, and in looking it up, I came across the USA Today article from January 2016 that ranked the coaching hires. Here's the link, I won't post the article. I'm sure it's been posted before. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/ranking-the-nfls-new-coaching-hires-chip-kelly-doug-pederson-ben-mcadoo-philadelphia-eagles

This is the order that the article ranked them, 1 being the "best" hire, 7 being the "worst" hire:

1. San Francisco 49ers: Chip Kelly 2-14 (Fired after 2016 Season)
  2. New York Giants: Ben McAdoo 13-15 (Fired late-2017 Season)
  3. Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson 3-36 (Fired mid-2018 Season)
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dirk Koetter 18-25 (as of 11/25/18)
  5. Miami Dolphins: Adam Gase 21-22 (as of 11/25/18)
  6. Tennessee Titans: Mike Mularky 18-14 (Fired after 2017 Season)
  7. Philadelphia Eagles: Doug Pederson 25-18 Super Bowl LII Champion (As of 11/25/18)