VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was curious as to how the 2016 Head Coach class has fared as of today, and in looking it up, I came across the USA Today article from January 2016 that ranked the coaching hires. Here's the link, I won't post the article. I'm sure it's been posted before. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/ranking-the-nfls-new-coaching-hires-chip-kelly-doug-pederson-ben-mcadoo-philadelphia-eagles

This is the order that the article ranked them, 1 being the "best" hire, 7 being the "worst" hire:

1. San Francisco 49ers: Chip Kelly 2-14 (Fired after 2016 Season)
  2. New York Giants: Ben McAdoo 13-15 (Fired late-2017 Season)
  3. Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson 3-36 (Fired mid-2018 Season)
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dirk Koetter 18-25 (as of 11/25/18)
  5. Miami Dolphins: Adam Gase 21-22 (as of 11/25/18)
  6. Tennessee Titans: Mike Mularky 18-14 (Fired after 2017 Season)
  7. Philadelphia Eagles: Doug Pederson 25-18 Super Bowl LII Champion (As of 11/25/18)

I remember the popular take on firing Kelly was we were going to be the new Browns. Good times.

22 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Mike McCarthy could be on his way out soon.

He is now.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He is now.

I thought it would happen tomorrow, at the earliest. Didn't expect it tonight... though had I checked, it may have already been announced when I posted lol.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I thought it would happen tomorrow, at the earliest. Didn't expect it tonight... though had I checked, it may have already been announced when I posted lol.

Seems to be breaking in the last 10 minutes or so, so when you commented, it had likely happened, but probably not made public yet.

Rodgers is 35. No idea how long he can play for but I bet Packers just became a favorite destination in the offseason for a HC

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

McCarthy to Cleveland?

I hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to do that, McCarthy would absolutely ruin Baker Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

I hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to do that, McCarthy would absolutely ruin Baker Mayfield. 

Yea but it seems like a Browns sorta thing to do

Just now, mike030270 said:

Yea but it seems like a Browns sorta thing to do

This is true...

I would still take Condoleezza Rice over McCarthy 🤣

2 hours ago, birdman said:

This is true...

I would still take Condoleezza Rice over McCarthy 🤣

I could imagine her as a front office person, but that rumor of her as coach is just bizarre.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:13 PM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

How does Bowles keep his job?

He likely won't this time.  It's widely anticipated he will be fired on New Year's Eve. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:22 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

McCarthy to Cleveland?

Don't see it.  Would not be surprised if Gregg Williams winds up the permanent HC.  Loss to Houston nonewithstanding, he has Browns moving in the right direction. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, mike030270 said:

Panthers fired their Dline coach Brady Hoke and CB coach Jeff Imamura

Rivera is feeling the heat since new owner David Tepper has voiced his concern over the recent four game losing streak. but firing some defensive coaches seems like a reach to me, while Cam Newton continues to stink it up. smh. i still cant believe we lost to them.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:18 PM, Wallyhorse said:

He likely won't this time.  It's widely anticipated he will be fired on New Year's Eve. 

:lol: :lol: 

Before the ball drops?

On 12/2/2018 at 8:20 PM, mike030270 said:

Rodgers is 35. No idea how long he can play for but I bet Packers just became a favorite destination in the offseason for a HC

What's so sexy about GB job?  35 yr old Qb who has more power in organization than you, talentless roster around him and a passive FO in a pretty demanding town.  It ain't the worst gig but Cleveland job is much more appealing.

17 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

What's so sexy about GB job?  35 yr old Qb who has more power in organization than you, talentless roster around him and a passive FO in a pretty demanding town.  It ain't the worst gig but Cleveland job is much more appealing.

Cleveland may be more appealing, long term, if the owner 'butts out' of football operations and lets the new coach build and grow. Otherwise, there's no stability in Cleveland. In Green Bay though, there's the short term potential of a Super Bowl if Rodgers can put together a 2018 Drew Brees sort of season.

Aside from those points, I don't see anything appealing about Green Bay. Small market and very cold in the winter. Maybe the fact that they've been fairly stable in terms of coaching longevity for the past 18 years. But that's because of Favre and Rodgers. Have multiple losing seasons and that stability could vanish quickly, though.

20 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I thought the same too. A lot of talking heads on tv and sports radio are raving about how GB is a hot ticket place for a coach.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:24 PM, dawkins4prez said:

How is Cleveland even remotely appealing? That team is practically cursed

On 12/6/2018 at 11:03 PM, wrestlevessel said:

River Boat Ron Rivera is definitely going to be fired.

He could end up getting fired today or tomorrow if they lose to Browns