VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

22 hours ago, mike030270 said:

He could end up getting fired today or tomorrow if they lose to Browns

Except if the Seahawks win they are STILL only half a game out for the second WC. 

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

Honestly didn't think it'd happen during the season

I didn't either. It's funny though, we were just talking about it about 13 hours before he was actually fired, in the Vikings game day thread.

47 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't either. It's funny though, we were just talking about it about 13 hours before he was actually fired, in the Vikings game day thread.

It's weird because they could still end up with the 6th seed if Eagles lose 1 game

5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

It's weird because they could still end up with the 6th seed if Eagles lose 1 game

Right now, we're behind them and the Panthers, since we lost to both.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Right now, we're behind them and the Panthers, since we lost to both.

We get the 6th seed if we win out and Vikings lose 1. At least that's that I'm getting from the playoff predictors

2 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

We get the 6th seed if we win out and Vikings lose 1. At least that's that I'm getting from the playoff predictors

With our secondary, us winning out would seem highly unlikely. We can get the 6th seed if we win 2 of the next 3, and the Vikings and Panthers lose 2 of the next 3. We'd be 8-8, the Vikings would be 7-8-1 and the Panthers would be 7-9.

The Vikings play the Dolphins, the Lions and the Bears. The Panthers play the Saints twice, and the Falcons.

I can definitely see the Panthers dropping at least the two to the Saints and maybe even the one against the Falcons. With the Vikings in a bit of disarray, would they drop two?

For that matter, do we beat the Rams and/or the Texans? If we could win both of those, that would be stupendous. I'm just not pinning all my hopes and dreams on it.

Let's not forget as well... Let's say we win 2 of the remaining 3... Chances are we lose this week in LA. Our conference record is pretty damn atrocious this year so that works against us big time. I mean we have losses to Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota, Dallas twice and then LA if we do lose. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Let's not forget as well... Let's say we win 2 of the remaining 3... Chances are we lose this week in LA. Our conference record is pretty damn atrocious this year so that works against us big time. I mean we have losses to Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota, Dallas twice and then LA if we do lose. 

But if we finish with 8 wins and the Vikings and Panthers finish with 7, we get the 6th seed. Beating 2 of the next three will be a task though, considering our secondary.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But if we finish with 8 wins and the Vikings and Panthers finish with 7, we get the 6th seed. Beating 2 of the next three will be a task though, considering our secondary.

Plus, we lost another body on the line in Sweat. And Clement is done too.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:09 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

With our secondary, us winning out would seem highly unlikely. We can get the 6th seed if we win 2 of the next 3, and the Vikings and Panthers lose 2 of the next 3. We'd be 8-8, the Vikings would be 7-8-1 and the Panthers would be 7-9.

The Vikings play the Dolphins, the Lions and the Bears. The Panthers play the Saints twice, and the Falcons.

I can definitely see the Panthers dropping at least the two to the Saints and maybe even the one against the Falcons. With the Vikings in a bit of disarray, would they drop two?

For that matter, do we beat the Rams and/or the Texans? If we could win both of those, that would be stupendous. I'm just not pinning all my hopes and dreams on it.

Panthers are in deserpartion mode and I suspect will get chewed up in both Saints games, however, the Saints may have nothing to play for in the second meeting and we could be seeing a lot of Tayson Hill and/or Teddy Bridgewater at QB in that finale.

Vikings I don't see losing the Dolphins, though the Dolphins are still alive for not only a wild card, but the AFC East (Pats would have clinched the division if that miracle play did not happen).  Don't see them losing to the Lions and Bears could be locked into the 3 seed by the time that game happens.

Oh, and don't forget the Redskins. 

One thing for sure is that Andy Reid and his personnel have a great eye for talent.  Just look at his track record and the level of play of those he has drafted (DJack, Shady, Tyrek Hill, Patrick Mahomes, Kareem Hunt, etc...) or wanted to draft (he wanted Russell Wilson, but Seahawks got him before us and so we got St. Nick Foles, whow now has his own legacy). We have to get back to that level of player personnel selection, hitting home runs every time.

If Andy decides at some point to retire as a coach, I think he would make a great front office/personnel head for the Eagles.

8 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

"rear end"?

Yeah, that's what happens if you try to play Angry Birds Transformers while you're posting lol

On 12/13/2018 at 11:24 AM, Wallyhorse said:

Panthers are in deserpartion mode and I suspect will get chewed up in both Saints games, however, the Saints may have nothing to play for in the second meeting and we could be seeing a lot of Tayson Hill and/or Teddy Bridgewater at QB in that finale.

Vikings I don't see losing the Dolphins, though the Dolphins are still alive for not only a wild card, but the AFC East (Pats would have clinched the division if that miracle play did not happen).  Don't see them losing to the Lions and Bears could be locked into the 3 seed by the time that game happens.

Oh, and don't forget the Redskins. 

Now we need to hope the Bears and Rams both win (or both lose) next week.  That would give the Bears something to play for in Week 16: A first-round bye if somehow the 49ers hit the Rams with a Whammy in their last game.

Report: John Elway considered firing Vance Joseph, hiring Mike Shanahan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/17/report-john-elway-considered-firing-vance-joseph-hiring-mike-shanahan/

The Broncos are out of the playoffs for the second consecutive year, and head coach Vance Joseph is on the hot seat. And now a very surprising name has been floated as a potential replacement: Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan, of course, won two Super Bowls with the Broncos, when Broncos General Manager John Elway was his quarterback. And Elway reportedly considered firing Joseph after last season, and hiring Shanahan to replace him.

Longtime Denver sports columnist Woody Paige reported that Elway and Shanahan met a year ago to discuss the possibility of Shanahan returning to the sideline. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that he heard the same.

Standing in the way was Broncos CEO Joe Ellis, who said if Elway was going to move on from Joseph, he needed to conduct a full coaching search, and not just hand the job to Shanahan. (Elway would have to interview a minority before hiring Shanahan to comply with the Rooney Rule.) Elway eventually came around to giving Joseph a second year in Denver.

But now that Joseph’s second year has ended out of the playoffs, the Broncos may be ready for a new head coach. Could Shanahan be the guy? It’s entirely possible. The 66-year-old Shanahan has said he would like to coach again, if he finds the right situation.

Elway is likely to begin conducting another coaching search in two weeks. Shanahan may be on his list of candidates.

16 hours ago, LacesOut said:

^^^^^^^^^^

If Carolina loses tonight, well.....there might be a firing tomorrow.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hasn't happened yet.

As noted in another thread, Steve Wilks may be out as HC in Arizona.