VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

4 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

lol Vance Joseph constantly looks out of place. He just didn't seem ready for the role.

Elway wanted to fire him last year but the CEO would not let him.

Don't think that's happening again.

36 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Didn't know that.

Do you know who wanted Keenum?

13 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Broncos are building something nice. Two stud pass rushers, a decent secondary, a very good running game. QB has been their issue since Peyton retired. Paxton Lynch was one of the biggest draft busts of all time. Trevor Siemiean showed flashes but took a beating behind a bad O line. And Case Keenum hasn’t quite panned out. 

The QB woes fall on Elway, but since he has GOD status in Denver, he’ll continue to be untouchable  

That franchise could be headed for some tough times, with the inability to land a franchise QB contributing to ongoing mediocrity and an ugly cluster F of an ownership dispute going on in the background  

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, Don Corleone said:

Does Bowles make it another week after getting blown out by the Bills?

Well . . . here it is week #16 and he's still standing,  YEAH!  YEAH!  YEAH!

I hear Richie The K is available! <g>

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/todd-bowles-press-conference-12-21

And Ravens are keeping Harbaugh

1 hour ago, GoBirds2015 said:

The Broncos are building something nice. Two stud pass rushers, a decent secondary, a very good running game. QB has been their issue since Peyton retired. Paxton Lynch was one of the biggest draft busts of all time. Trevor Siemiean showed flashes but took a beating behind a bad O line. And Case Keenum hasn’t quite panned out. 

The QB woes fall on Elway, but since he has GOD status in Denver, he’ll continue to be untouchable  

That franchise could be headed for some tough times, with the inability to land a franchise QB contributing to ongoing mediocrity and an ugly cluster F of an ownership dispute going on in the background  

I think a few more bad QBs and they'll fire him.

14 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Didn't know that.

Do you know who wanted Keenum?

Most likely Elway, he has been the one making all these moves for QBs the last few years. Joseph is a defensive minded guy so I doubt Elway would leave it up to him to pick one. 

Once the season is over, Mike Tomlin will likely be shown the door. It's time for the Steelers to start anew.

6 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Once the season is over, Mike Tomlin will likely be shown the door. It's time for the Steelers to start anew.

Packers maybe and get an OC that can deal with Rodgers?

8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Packers maybe and get an OC that can deal with Rodgers?

I can't really picture Tomlin in Green Bay. But I do think GB needs a coach who isn't passive.

Division by Division Analysis:

NFC East:

No one getting fired

NFC North:

Packers- Already fired McCarthy. TBD

If Vikings miss the playoffs is Zimmer in trouble????

NFC South:

Dirk Koetter is done

Riverboat Ron Rivera is done

Dan Quinn- I would say no but he has to be a possibility.

NFC West:

Cardinals coach- I don't even know the guy's name but they have been so bad there is a possibility he has 1 and done.

AFC East:

Todd Bowles- Definitely getting fired.

Dolphins coach- He is questionable. Been there a while and just hovers around .500 mark

AFC North:

Browns- Gregg Williams deserves the job

Bengals- Marvin has to be gone finally. Will crappy Hue Jackson actually take over?

Steelers- Now with them missing the playoffs is it possible?

AFC South:

Doug Marone- I don't he will be fired but there is a small chance.

AFC West:

Vance Joseph- He is done.

4 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I think the time is coming, I might be a little surprised if it's this season though. Just because the Rooney's are really stable with regard to their coaches.

6 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

AFC South:

Doug Marone- I don't he will be fired but there is a small chance.

Story is Tom Coughlin may very well take over as Jags coach after this year.  

On 12/22/2018 at 11:30 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

Well . . . here it is week #16 and he's still standing,  YEAH!  YEAH!  YEAH!

I hear Richie The K is available! <g>

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/todd-bowles-press-conference-12-21

Bowles will be fired after the Pats game no matter what.

Story is Jets want McCarthy but McCarthy may take a year off.

Wallyhorse said:

"Story is Tom Coughlin may very well take over as Jags coach after this year."

The dude is already 72 years old and will be 73 before next season starts.

Maybe on an interim basis until they find 'their guy'. He's already been to the 'mountain top' . . .

why in the world would he want all the stress & bother? How old is, 'Too Old'?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/23/ian-rapoport-reiterates-that-doug-marrone-will-return-in-2019/

5 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Story is Tom Coughlin may very well take over as Jags coach after this year.  

Bowles will be fired after the Pats game no matter what.

Story is Jets want McCarthy but McCarthy may take a year off.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001004066/article/jets-ceo-states-todd-bowles-is-our-head-coach

Statement from Christopher Johnson, Chairman and CEO:

"Todd Bowles is our Head Coach. There is no truth to the report of our interest in Jim Harbaugh."

6 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Wallyhorse said:

"Story is Tom Coughlin may very well take over as Jags coach after this year."

The dude is already 72 years old and will be 73 before next season starts.

Maybe on an interim basis until they find 'their guy'. He's already been to the 'mountain top' . . .

why in the world would he want all the stress & bother? How old is, 'Too Old'?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/23/ian-rapoport-reiterates-that-doug-marrone-will-return-in-2019/

It would be a bit unusual for him to coach at that age, for any length of time. There's been a couple of coaches that coached up to the age of 72, but not beyond. Marv Levy and George Halas were both 72 while they were coaching (according to my quick search). But nobody (again, according to my quick search), coached past 72.

http://www.oldest.org/sports/coaches-in-nfl/

The Jets would be moronic go go with a retread like McCarthy.  With the Patriots clearly finally on the downfall and Darnold's impressive and dynamic play thus far, that Jets job is going to be highly coveted this offseason.  

4 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

If Wally says it it's almost a guarantee it won't happen lol

That's been the story on 98.7 ESPN in New York (the Jets radio home) for some time.  Almost everyone there believes Bowles is gone as soon as the season ends.  

1 hour ago, 55thAndRams said:

The Jets would be moronic go go with a retread like McCarthy.  With the Patriots clearly finally on the downfall and Darnold's impressive and dynamic play thus far, that Jets job is going to be highly coveted this offseason.  

The believe is McCarthy would be good for Sam Darnold and there is a lot of pressure on the Jets to replace Bowles with an offensive minded coach.   There are also rumors there the Jets may try to get Jim Harbaugh to return to the NFL. 

With regards to Tom Coughlin:

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It would be a bit unusual for him to coach at that age, for any length of time. There's been a couple of coaches that coached up to the age of 72, but not beyond. Marv Levy and George Halas were both 72 while they were coaching (according to my quick search). But nobody (again, according to my quick search), coached past 72.

http://www.oldest.org/sports/coaches-in-nfl/

That's what's been reported in a few circles out of New York (where Coughlin is still well known from his days with the Giants).

On 12/23/2018 at 9:00 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Would love to have Tomlin as our new DC

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Tomorrow's Black Monday. Who, if anyone, is fired today?

Seems like most teams do their firing shortly after the games on the final Sunday anymore.