VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2018? Who gets fired?

When Black Monday falls................

Club's gonna dig themselves a hole- Gonna lay coaches down in it, 'til they satisfy their souls.

Ain't gonna let this day pass by me,

Lot of those guys out there say: "try me!"

after the blood runs cold when the heads have stopped their roll.

When Black Monday calls they gonna stake their claim.....................

The teams just change the names.............................

McCarthy/Jackson/Bowles/Wilkes/Joseph/Gase/Lewis/Koetter.

Zimmer?  Tomlin? Harbaugh?-all in the on-deck circle.................................

Over/under was 7.  Already 8.............and I'm not sure it's done yet.

Wild.

Gregg Williams appears unlikely to keep his head coaching job in Cleveland however will get an interview for the job 

Browns GM John Dorsey said interim coach Gregg Williams will interview for the permanent job on Tuesday.

OC Freddie Kitchens will also get an interview. Williams is not considered to be a strong candidate for the job, and Dorsey made it clear on Monday he plans to conduct a wide-ranging search. Even so, Williams has to at least be in the running after turning Cleveland's season around. 

11 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

When Black Monday falls................

Club's gonna dig themselves a hole- Gonna lay coaches in it, 'til they satisfy their souls.

Ain't gonna let this day pass by me,

Lot of those guys out there say: "try me!"

after the blood runs cold when the heads have stopped their roll.

When Black Monday calls they gonna stake their claim.....................

The teams just change the names.............................

McCarthy/Jackson/Bowles/Wilkes/Joseph/Gase/Lewis/Koetter.

Zimmer?  Tomlin? Harbaugh?-all in the on-deck circle.................................

Over/under was 7.  Already 8.............and I'm not sure it's done yet.

Wild.

I can't see Harbaugh being fired. He took the Ravens back to the playoffs. Early season reports had him out or leaving. though. Steelers would be insane to fire Tomlin plus they are always very loyal to their head coaches. Vikings said this morning Zimmer wont be fired 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Mike Zimmer is expected to remain with the Vikings in 2019.

Zimmer told Pelissero he is "not retiring or resigning," and Pelissero reports multiple sources would "be shocked" if the coach is fired. Zimmer's contract only runs through 2019, so he will likely get a short-term extension this offseason to prevent him from being a lame-duck coach. Even so, he will be on the hot seat if the Vikings do not reach the playoffs in 2019.

6 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

With what happened on that sideline yesterday, somebody has to get fired there....................

What happened?

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Wow. Took long enough. Dude should have been fired years ago. 

1 minute ago, jfluke said:

Wow. Took long enough. Dude should have been fired years ago. 

I thought he did get fired, then re-hired 😂.

Maybe I misremember.

6 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

I thought he did get fired, then re-hired 😂.

Maybe I misremember.

Didnt they ley his contract expire once, then re-sign him? 

3 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Didnt they ley his contract expire once, then re-sign him? 

Yeah that sounds right.

Made it look like they couldn't get anyone else to come in as HC.

If the Bengals hire Hue Jackson as HC, then Goodell should immediately disband that organization and grant another city a football franchise.  Also, if anyone hires Josh McDaniels, that team deserves massive failure especially after how he reneged on his agreement with the Colts.  

8 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If the Bengals hire Hue Jackson as HC, then Goodell should immediately disband that organization and grant another city a football franchise.  Also, if anyone hires Josh McDaniels, that team deserves massive failure especially after how he reneged on his agreement with the Colts.  

I can’t imagine why anyone would even interview McDaniels. It seems so obvious he’ll get the Pats job if he just waits a few more years. Maybe not even that long. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I can’t imagine why anyone would even interview McDaniels. It seems so obvious he’ll get the Pats job if he just waits a few more years. Maybe not even that long. 

The Belichick coaching tree hasn't been fruitful.  Yet, organizations continue to fall for it. Matt Patricia has supposedly been late to many meetings this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions blow him out after the previous sexual assault allegations came out and now the report of his being late to team meetings has surfaced.   Crennel failed.  Weis failed.  McDaniels failed.  Vrabel looks okay so far, but other than that.   Now, supposedly McDaniels and Flores are hot candidates again because they are with the Pats.  

25 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

In the case of Hue Jackson, Lewis wanted him to take over the Bengals after the 2016 season before he took the Browns job.  Would not be surprised if with Jackson there to take over, Mike Brown felt he could fire Lewis and simply promote Jackson to HC (as that satisfies the Rooney Rule).

Josh McDaniels likely would have been the Colts HC except as I understood it Mrs. McDaniels didn't want to move to Indy and put her foot down on that.  If he leaves NE this time, I'm sure some will speculate it might actually have had to do with politics because Indiana is the home state of Mike Pence, the current VP.  

Gase looks to be in a good spot to land another gig in Cleveland, but my darkhorse is TB.

Mike Brown likes familiarity.  Vance Joseph is about as familiar as he can get in Cincinnati.

Harbaugh hasn't signed his extension.  Owner Steven Ross is a big Meeeeeechigan man-and could easily see himself financing both brothers if he can get John out of B-more at cost.

Jets and Cards need a guy who can work with/believes in their young QB's.

Denver is in a quandry:  Just because your GM was a HOF player, doesn't automatically make him good at his new job.  Whatever QB shakes free in Philly, he will be at the gates of Novacare with a Brinks truck to greet.  Only when he can sell a future can he sell any coach worth a squirt of piss on committing his future to it.

Munchak has the stones to deal with Rodgers, will the Pack give him a look?

Saban back to the NFL would surprise me.  He has it too damn good in Tuscaloosa.  Possible Riley and Matt Campbell take a look, but not sure the timing is right for either. 

7 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Saban back to the NFL would surprise me.  He has it too damn good in Tuscaloosa.  Possible Riley and Matt Campbell take a look, but not sure the timing is right for either. 

Green Bay might be the ONLY NFL team Saban would go to.  His wife Terri apparently LOVES to be "Queen of the Ball" and GB is the only NFL city where she can do that.