daniel anderson

When the Eagles were chasing a playoff berth in 2008...

Why did Fox in Philly show Giants-Vikings when Bears-Texans had more importance to Eagles fans? CBS showed Bucs-Raiders in Philly, so maybe the Giants being the Eagles rivals had something to do with it. When did the practice of showing games with importance to the other team start?

49 minutes ago, daniel anderson said:

Why did Fox in Philly show Giants-Vikings when Bears-Texans had more importance to Eagles fans? CBS showed Bucs-Raiders in Philly, so maybe the Giants being the Eagles rivals had something to do with it. When did the practice of showing games with importance to the other team start?

Why did you wait almost a decade to ask this question?

1 hour ago, daniel anderson said:

The Eagles needed the Bucs to lose to the Raiders, and have ONE of the other two games go their way. It was the Bears losing to the Texans or the Vikings losing to the Giants.

They had the option of showing either game. They were both equally important. It just so happened that the one that was televised didn't go the way we needed but the other one did.

I was a the stadium that afternoon, and both games (well, all three when you include the Bucs game) were shown on the screens on the concourse.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I was a the stadium that afternoon, and both games (well, all three when you include the Bucs game) were shown on the screens on the concourse.

I was sick and slept 90% of that day, with the game on the TV. I would wake up for a minute or two, see that the game was on, then off to sleep again.

I remember that day well. I was sitting in my seat waiting for the game to begin. Merrill and Mike had already started broadcasting and Merrill started doing play by play of the Raiders/Bucs game. Of course many came to their seats late after watching the end of that game. 

I switched between the Giants/Vikings game and the Bears/Texans game, while also watching the Bucs-Raiders game a bit too. Having Sunday Ticket was good back then. I had the game mix, so  changed the audio between those 3.

Thoughts from situations a decade ago is something I would do back in the day from smoking that funny stuff lol.

I remember deciding to just go out for the day, wait for the games to be over and not pay attention to them. I was pleasantly surprised to find we still had a shot. Great day. I was so hyped up as the game went on. My son was only 2 and I had him running all over the house excited and screaming and he didnt even know why.

In the 2001 nba finals, when AI crossed over Lue and stepped over him, did he angle his left or right butt cheek when he farted on him?

Fun season. I was so dejected after the debacle in Baltimore, the game when McNabb was benched at halftime, I felt the season was already gone.... Week 17, I remember not watching any of the early games. So many scenarios had to go the Eagles way, and they did!

The eagles obliterated the cardinals on thanskging 2008 only to lose to them in the NFCCG. Out of all the early 2000 NFCCG I thought they had that one in the bag.

And if I remeber correctly the Cardinals hosted  despite having a worse record. But those are the perks of winning your division :nonono:

14 hours ago, pisceschica said:

The eagles obliterated the cardinals on thanskging 2008 only to lose to them in the NFCCG. Out of all the early 2000 NFCCG I thought they had that one in the bag.

And if I remeber correctly the Cardinals hosted  despite having a worse record. But those are the perks of winning your division :nonono:

I was sitting by my buddies pool that day when the needed multiple things to happen to get in. It was glorious. Then I was there again for the NFCCG and had a premature celebration (jumped in the pool) when we took the late lead against the cards only to lose. Not so glorious.

Edit*

Then, over a decade later, I happen to be there again to watch my team win it all. (I just realized this) 

On 6/21/2018 at 4:49 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The Eagles needed the Bucs to lose to the Raiders, and have ONE of the other two games go their way. It was the Bears losing to the Texans or the Vikings losing to the Giants.

They had the option of showing either game. They were both equally important. It just so happened that the one that was televised didn't go the way we needed but the other one did.

Also, you do have Giants fans who live in parts of the Philly viewing area, especially Trenton and points north.  Unless the Giants are REAL bad they are always the second team after the Eagles (many such fans moved to Philly because of lower rents as opposed to NYC and North Jersey where rents continue to skyrocket). 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, pisceschica said:

That is what happened, and one reason why home field should be solely on record as it is in the NBA.  Eagles would have hosted a couple of games in the playoffs that year. 

I was at the NFC Championship game in Arizona, 6th row.  Took some pictures for some Eagles fans who were painted green.  Met some some Eagles fans and talked with them a bit.  Some money got spent to come all the way out to AZ.  It was an epic day for the Cards and this year when the Eagles beat the Patriots, I thought about that game, thought about 2005 too when the Eagles lost in the SB, and then saw the Eagles hoisting the Lombardi trophy.  What a journey to get to that point.  It was  trip, surreal to see that.

On 6/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Also, you do have Giants fans who live in parts of the Philly viewing area, especially Trenton and points north.  Unless the Giants are REAL bad they are always the second team after the Eagles (many such fans moved to Philly because of lower rents as opposed to NYC and North Jersey where rents continue to skyrocket). 

That is what happened, and one reason why home field should be solely on record as it is in the NBA.  Eagles would have hosted a couple of games in the playoffs that year. 

No, the giants were division winners and I believe were 12-4 #1 seed. The Vikings were 10-6.

The eagles were 9-6-1 (bc McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie) :lol:

I was at the NFC championship game that year as well as in Cincy for the tie game.

One lost tidbit of that day was it was BDawk's last  home game in Midnight Green.

2 hours ago, TOB said:

One lost tidbit of that day was it was BDawk's last  home game in Midnight Green.

Except that it wasn't at home