Sign in to follow this  
Yigglez

Building a roster

Dave,

You latest, 'examinig eagles roster success' and Jimmy Kempski's latest 'eagles found another unexploited business opportunity' complete with Brett Kollman's latest video reel, 'The Eagles are changing how NFL rosters are built' have given me pause. I love everything we're doing. People who do great things deserve the recognition for it. As the world starts to pay attention the the PE organization's phenomenal success, we are amidst the building of a genuine Dynasty. Maybe we need to start seeing this the way Bill Bellicheck did when he built one in New England...at least a little bit...maybe there are things we do so much better than our 31 rivals, it represents a competitive advantage, and maybe we need to keep some of it out of the spotlight to get our money's worth out of all we have done and are doing.

I'm a Newbie, don't have any pro sports credentials, and I feel very uncomfortable coming to you with this view, being critical, of any of you - you're great! - But in my line of work, when I get that queasy feeling something is being endangered by its own success, I act decisively now and apologize later if I'm wrong, which isn't often. Nutshell: this recent media exposure tripped my alarms, and my 'act decisively' is this reach out to you and the guys at NovaCare. A Dynasty. Maybe we never saw it happening this fast, but we are here already, and as the Pats learned all-too-quickly, the Dynasty has its own weird gravity, and scrutiny out of all proportion to the actual substance is soon to follow. We need to give some thought to keeping the secrets to our success secret. That is NOT who the Philly Eagles organization are. I'll be the first to exclaim ' That's Right!' when someone frim within the organization finds the right way to say as much, to explain that the players, the coaches, the entire staff are an open book, there's no gimmick, the brotherhood is genuine, the buy-in and ownership of the plan is unanimous, so on and so forth - because it is! We are truly the best club in the NFL now. Top to bottom, organization-wide. That's why new arrivals just start smiling like the 'Burger King' mascot, speechlessly happy until prompted to say why.  NOT what we do, but now maybe it needs to be looked at through the lessons-learned lens of what the other sports dynasties have been through, and find the ones that apply. Being tight-lipped IS who the Pats are. But how they got that way is a thought-provoking story...

Please feel me in a positive vibe. If any of this irked you, I would take it back, and find a way to say it better.

Lastly, thanks. For the board, for the reporting, for being a keeper-of-real for years and years. There is literally no person in the Eagles organization I doubt or can't appreciate. Just my Newbie 2-cents from a guy who protects people's secrets for a living.

It's starts with the QB and then the O Line, D Line and build out from there. Howie and Joe did a great job of building a SB Champ. 

9 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

It's starts with the QB and then the O Line, D Line and build out from there. Howie and Joe did a great job of building a SB Champ. 

Are you hoping that it's Wentz? If so, are you giving him a big contract?