Sign in to follow this  
MIRV Griffen

Justin Tuck lands gig as Goldman Sachs VP

That's awesome, and it's even better because it has to be something he enjoys. He could easily have just gotten a job at ESPN or something sports related and relaxed the rest of his life and he chose to get an MBA 

2 hours ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

That's awesome, and it's even better because it has to be something he enjoys. He could easily have just gotten a job at ESPN or something sports related and relaxed the rest of his life and he chose to get an MBA 

Yup.  Not only that, but he scored that MBA from the best business school in the country.  Hardly a handout degree.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, MIRV Griffen said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-nfl-star-justin-tuck-lands-gig-as-goldman-sachs-vp/ar-AAzy5CZ?ocid=spartanntp

I'm a diehard Eagles fan, but have to admit, that's an impressive post-NFL resume he's putting together.

I was completely & totally ignorant of Tuck's endeavors in this regard.  In fact, I lost track of him when he left the Gmen.

I can still see him pursuing Brent Celek into the end-zone during Michael Vick's 2nd 'Miracle At The Meadowlands'  back in 2010.

I stand in awe of his ability to land this sort of job in a totally ruthless environment.

God bless and good luck, Justin. You'll need it!

You're in the financial 'Big Leagues' now! 

Same here.  I had no idea what he was up to after he retired.  He definitely could've sat back and enjoyed a booth gig or simply retired, but he clearly has a lot more drive than that.

Good for him.  And nice to see the other responses on this thread.

NFL would be smart to broadcast this story far an wide.  Good for their image.

Cool story.  ND, Wharton, pro-bowler, SB champion...no wonder Goldman hired him, that’s a hell of a resume.  They should be able to reach out to a lot of wealthy athletes with him as the face of that dept.

Since when does a new grad get a VP position right off the bat?  Does that usually happen? 

15 hours ago, Captain F said:

Since when does a new grad get a VP position right off the bat?  Does that usually happen? 

His football history obviously opened doors.  His new position will leverage his background and fame.  Those VP titles also get thrown around like candy.  

Still, this is very impressive.

On 7/9/2018 at 9:26 PM, Captain F said:

When the new grad who is a celeb who can bring in a lot of business for the firm, it happens.

Im sure there have been quite a few skinny little kids who got a VP gig due to their who daddy was.