Sign in to follow this  
SBorBust

Dallas Goedert Expectations

Dave,

What are your expectations for Goedert this season. Tranditionally, it takes most TE's a year before they make a big impact. Is that the thought with Goedert?

Obviously, it helps that he gets to learn from Ertz and he doesn't have the expectations of a TE1. However, with the lack of draft picks in 2018 we'll be looking for (unrealistic?) production out of the guy drafted high.

I believe the ceiling is high for this Rookie. He catches everything. It's going to be hard on defenses to stop him.

What do you expect Spuds to say?  "No, we believe our second round pick is going to suck."

5 hours ago, Procus said:

What do you expect Spuds to say?  "No, we believe our second round pick is going to suck."

Historically, when coaches and staff are really impressed by a young guy Dave will respond positively. If a guy has been struggling he usually responds with some form of, "we'll see."

I'm just worried that the expectations for Goedert will be too high going into this season.

3 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Historically, when coaches and staff are really impressed by a young guy Dave will respond positively. If a guy has been struggling he usually responds with some form of, "we'll see."

I'm just worried that the expectations for Goedert will be too high going into this season.

From what I read, during the recent camp, he was catching everything in sight.