ndelaware

HOF strikes back at TO

They should really just not say anything about it and do the process as normal. This just makes more drama for media outlets to pick up on and further takes away from the other players in the class. 

I wouldnt be surprised if TO showed up, unannounced, and started doing situps in the parking lot with the fans.

Love it, TO was a cancer, and you don't celebrate cancer. You deal with it clinically and that's what the HOF is doing.

Has anyone not gone, or not been represented, at the HOF induction ceremony before? He's supposed to get the jacket at Friday dinner. If he's not there, then send him the jacket the next day. If he's not at the induction, and nobody is there to represent him, why mention him? Sounds fair.

14 minutes ago, toolg said:

Has anyone not gone, or not been represented, at the HOF induction ceremony before? He's supposed to get the jacket at Friday dinner. If he's not there, then send him the jacket the next day. If he's not at the induction, and nobody is there to represent him, why mention him? Sounds fair.

No, he'll be the first no-show. They should rescind his induction.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, he'll be the first no-show. They should rescind his induction.

Hmm, kind of like, "well if you are not interested, never mind then".

I think the White House just did that.

They should have showed a 5 minute video of his highlights and mentioned the organizations he played for.

End the video with 'The Catch II' with the SF announcer calling the play.

That would have been the classy thing to do by an organization with integrity.

The Hall of Fame voters and leaders are just a bunch of petty clowns who are throwing a collective tantrum at TO's tantrum.

Its pathetic that he had to wait 3 years.

Receiving TDs per game

Moss        0.715
Owens      0.699
Harrison   0.674
Rice           0.650 *(0.796 per game in his first 206 games)
Carter        0.556
Fitzgerald 0.505

Career highs in TDs when playing with Owens:

• Young  1998
  • Garcia 2001
  • McNabb 2004
  • Romo   2007

Rice played about 200 games with Montana or Young (another 48 with Gannon)

Harrison played 158 games with Manning

Moss played 37 games with Brady (another 15 with Cunningham)

Owens played 45 games with Steve Young (39 with Romo) (19 with McNabb)

Fitz played about 45 games with Warner (another 57 or so with Palmer)

Jim Kelly wasn't even the 5th best QB of his era, and he got into the Hall on the first ballot.

Owens is the 3rd best receiver of all time, and those punks made him wait.

IDGAF about his numbers, he was a cancer in the NFL and should have never been inducted in the first place. F him.

9 hours ago, toolg said:

Dawk already has his jacket, which I assume all of the others do as well. They're not sending Owens his until later so that he won't have it at his sideshow event which is meant to distract from the real event.

^

Dawk got the jacket to check for fitting, all HOF'ers do, they then send it back and receive it on Friday in the private ceremony

Yeah yeah, T.O. should've been a first ballot HOF, but every WR besides Rice has had to wait, so he's just being a childish a-hole.  They should make him come to the hall to get his jacket.  I'm glad they aren't saying anything for him during the inductions. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, ndelaware said:

Hmm, kind of like, "well if you are not interested, never mind then".

I think the White House just did that.

And with good reason.

16 hours ago, NCTANK said:

This wasn't so much an embarrassment to TO, but just an embarrassment with the Press. To go the lengths of flying a news chopper around his house? Seriously?

TO's bust isn't going to hang out with the other busts.  It's going to leave the room every night and it's going to hang out by itself. Janitors are going to quit because the HOF is haunted by the ghost of "I love me some me!"?

On 7/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, Jupiter520 said:

Yeah yeah, T.O. should've been a first ballot HOF, but every WR besides Rice has had to wait, so he's just being a childish a-hole.  They should make him come to the hall to get his jacket.  I'm glad they aren't saying anything for him during the inductions. 

How long did Moss wait?

Was he an angel?

Will Peyton Manning have to wait because of the assault at Tennessee, the HGH to his house, and the criminal conspiracy to intimidate a witness?

Did TO take part in the murder (or following cover up) of 2 people like Ray Lewis?

The voters are just a-holes.