Silentop

McAdoo says Philly can't handle success

Recommended Posts

The Eagles are the most primed team to repeat since the 1998 Broncos. (McNabb caused the last repeat)

They are loaded in talent.

Every team in their division has massive holes.

They can still ride the underdog to full effect because the disgusting loser twitter world of 2018 will pile on them with insults.

McAdoo, Prisco, Brady, etc. just feeds that.

Foles is a jerk to stay and not demand 20 million, the team will implode because Wentz and Foles will hate each other, snowballs, bad fans, etc etc, all just feeds it.

I think this team is similar to the 2009 Phillies. A team that won the year before but got slightly better the next year. It took an actual Godzilla to beat them in the World Series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The 2008 Giants were 2 games better than their Super Bowl Champs previous version.

They then won another Super Bowl in 2011.

They handled success to a 10 out of 10.

They were still Eli up and down and they had their constant drama, but they won another Super Bowl with the same core.

I will take a copy of the 2007-2011 Giants here any day. (another Championship)

Yeah, I know I'm hopelessly biased and I fully admit that (I'm a proud Eagles Homer), but I believe that this Eagles team is better than that Giants team. So I believe that we can win at least one more if not a couple more.

Of course I want the Eagles to repeat this year, and I believe that they can. That's not saying that they "WILL", but if they don't, I understand that it's hard and rare to repeat. But whether they do or don't, I don't believe that 'handling success' will have any role in it. Carson and Nick are very grounded guys (from what we can see as fans looking in).

Doug has been to 3 Super Bowls, winning two of them. So I have no fear of him not 'handling success' and Duce has been to 2 Super Bowls, winning both, so same with him.

The NFC is pretty well stacked with talented teams, or at least it looks that way, with the Rams, Vikings, Saints and the World Champion Philadelphia Eagles. So it's no easy road for any NFC team to get to Super Bowl LIII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a process.

  • Win the division.
  • Get the bye
  • Get the #1 seed
  • Crush everyone else in your house.
  • Play the game of your life in the Super Bowl.

 

Its not easy, but Philly has the best chance to do all of that.

(only because New England's talent was decimated this off-season)

 

You can do all of that leading up to the Super Bowl and choke as a team (Atlanta 2016) or reveal your QB as a man with no spine (Carolina 2015)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure the Birds are the most primed team since the 1998 Broncos to repeat, but they are in position for double digit wins. The Patriots not only returned great teams after winning their SBs, but they also play in a lesser division. The NFC East will be a lot more competitive this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not sure the Birds are the most primed team since the 1998 Broncos to repeat, but they are in position for double digit wins. The Patriots not only returned great teams after winning their SBs, but they also play in a lesser division. The NFC East will be a lot more competitive this year. 

We definitely have more competition than the Payriot teams did. The one thing that gives me hope for a possible repeat is the depth we have. Injuries are the great equalizer in the NFL and we are set up to overcome a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m not sure the Birds are the most primed team since the 1998 Broncos to repeat, but they are in position for double digit wins. The Patriots not only returned great teams after winning their SBs, but they also play in a lesser division. The NFC East will be a lot more competitive this year. 

It will? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way a team handles success is directly connected to the character and competence of its coach and team leaders. This isn't AR and McNabbs Eagles its Doug and Wentz's  Eagles.  The Eagles are only getting better. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

It will? 

That is what I was going to ask. Other then the Giants being a little better I didn't really see any of the other teams improve their rosters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, bobbywizdum said:

It will? 

Playing in the AFC East has punched the Patriots ticket to the playoffs for the past 20 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That is what I was going to ask. Other then the Giants being a little better I didn't really see any of the other teams improve their rosters. 

Yeah i dont see it. Redskins went lateral at best. Cowboys got worse. Giants may be improved but they arent going from 3 win team to contender in one offseason. Giants fans are in serious denial about where they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ndelaware said:

Playing in the AFC East has punched the Patriots ticket to the playoffs for the past 20 years.

Ok...that doesnt make the nfc east strong next year. The north and south are much stronger divisions than the east right now. I only see the eagles as a playoff team from our division again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Yeah i dont see it. Redskins went lateral at best. Cowboys got worse. Giants may be improved but they arent going from 3 win team to contender in one offseason. Giants fans are in serious denial about where they are.

The Giants always play us tough and with the few additions they added I think they might split the 2 games with us. If they can get that offensive line together they could be a handful from that as well. Definitely not a contender but, not someone to take lightly either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, skippyx said:

The Eagles are the most primed team to repeat since the 1998 Broncos. (McNabb caused the last repeat)

They are loaded in talent.

Every team in their division has massive holes.

They can still ride the underdog to full effect because the disgusting loser twitter world of 2018 will pile on them with insults.

McAdoo, Prisco, Brady, etc. just feeds that.

Foles is a jerk to stay and not demand 20 million, the team will implode because Wentz and Foles will hate each other, snowballs, bad fans, etc etc, all just feeds it.

I think this team is similar to the 2009 Phillies. A team that won the year before but got slightly better the next year. It took an actual Godzilla to beat them in the World Series.

I see the biggest hole we have is depth at LB. Jon Ritchie just said the NFL is going back to the Power running game. Hoping Hicks stays healthy for a change. I heard Connor Barwin is looking for a back up role... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SBLIIEverett said:

I see the biggest hole we have is depth at LB. Jon Ritchie just said the NFL is going back to the Power running game. Hoping Hicks stays healthy for a change. I heard Connor Barwin is looking for a back up role... 

Connor Barwin doesn't fit anywhere on this team. If he did he would still be here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SBLIIEverett said:

I see the biggest hole we have is depth at LB. Jon Ritchie just said the NFL is going back to the Power running game. Hoping Hicks stays healthy for a change. I heard Connor Barwin is looking for a back up role... 

John Ritchie is just plain wrong. The NFL is a passing league now. If the NFL cared about power running then Blount would not have to roam from team to team on 1-2 million dollar a year contracts. Barkley was not drafted #2 as a power back. He is a fantastic receiver and a speed runner who also has power. The league is not going to fill up with Ron Dayne types.

The 2 young stars at RB last year did not include power back Fournette. They were Kamara and Hunt, who are much more about speed.

In 2017, teams averaged 583.8 drop backs to 429.8 runs, and that number includes QB scrambles or called runs.

Jacksonville was the only 1 to 1 pass run team, but they had 62 runs by Bortles/Henne and they were sacked on 24 drop backs so the real ratio was 1.32 QB plays to 1 RB run.

Only 1 RB had 300+ carries (and his team passed for 4251 yards)

Only 8 RBs had 250+ carries.

A 1300+ rusher like Gurley played in a 3 WR base offense and caught 788 yards worth of passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 12:11 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

The Giants always play us tough and with the few additions they added I think they might split the 2 games with us. If they can get that offensive line together they could be a handful from that as well. Definitely not a contender but, not someone to take lightly either. 

They play us tough but havent really fared well against us in the last 10 years. I think we are something like 15-5 or 16-4 against them since 2008. While i like barkley i think their culture is toxic and eli is done. Then again the giants have always been flukey so who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

They play us tough but havent really fared well against us in the last 10 years. I think we are something like 15-5 or 16-4 against them since 2008. While i like barkley i think their culture is toxic and eli is done. Then again the giants have always been flukey so who knows. 

They killed their chemistry or what they had anyway by bringing in to many highly paid free agents. Kinda like what the Eagles did during the dream team year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They killed their chemistry or what they had anyway by bringing in to many highly paid free agents. Kinda like what the Eagles did during the dream team year. 

The job that Doug and Howie did in getting all of the Eagles 2017 free agents to mesh is simply amazing.

You usually get the Dream Team or the 2017 Giants results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's funny he said he will do things differently when he gets his next head coaching gig. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

It was bad enough benching Manning, but you do it for a guy who has had zero success in the NFL in Smith? If he went with Webb, he could have salvaged some credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

For someone that has never experienced very much success, he isn't a good person to listen to here. 

The dude couldn't even manage his own team so he's not one to really take seriously. 

7 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

For someone that has never experienced very much success, he isn't a good person to listen to here. 

The dude couldn't even manage his own team so he's not one to really take seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now