Silentop

McAdoo says Philly can't handle success

"I think Philly, how much success has Philly had?" McAdoo said. "I think they're gonna have a hard time handling success. Dallas, I like their offensive line, but how long have we been saying that? Their defense, they got a bunch of young guys playing DB, Sean Lee is banged up a lot, and their D-line, they got a bunch of guys getting in trouble all the time. And Washington is Washington, right?"

He then goes on to say on the Giants and getting Solder - "Getting a left tackle in there will help them in a lot of ways," McAdoo said of Solder. "I don't think he's a very good player"

Yes you read that right. It's a good thing they got a guy in there who I think isn't a very good player.. BUT, still picks the Giants to win the NFCE because they made a lot of moves "that I wanted to make"

This guy just erased any chance of coaching in the NFL(if anywhere) again. ****.

Pfffffffft. McAdoo can't even handle his own team better yet handle success. Who is this idiot? Didn't you get fired and replaced by a guy who went through our building? This better be a different McAdoo. Ben McAdoo was worse than Chip Kelly. And that's pretty interesting.

That interview was absurd. The guy is a complete butt head and I'm very happy he's gone. 

That said, yes the Giants made a bunch of good moves and will be much more competitive this season. If the schedule was a bit easier I'd have them down for double digit wins...but the Giants have one of the more challenging schedules in the league when you factor in travel schedule. 

It's fair to question how the Birds will handle success. This is new territory for that organization. 

Insulting Philly and Washington doesn't mean he'll never get a job again...his incompetence and abrasive personality ensures he'll never get a job again.  

18 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I'll be surprised if McAdoo isn't right. I hope I'm wrong.

If Philly takes a step back, I doubt it will be for the reason he is suggesting. Not with Doug.

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

That interview was absurd. The guy is complete butt head and I'm very happy he's gone. 

That said, yes the Giants made a bunch of good moves and will be much more competitive this season. If the schedule was a bit easier I'd have them down for double digit wins...but the Giants have one of the more challenging schedules in the league when you factor in travel schedule. 

It's fair to question how the Birds will handle success. This is new territory for that organization. 

Insulting Philly and Washington doesn't mean he'll never get a job again...his incompetence and abrasive personality ensures he'll never get a job again.  

I WAS referring to the latter of which you stated, not the insults.

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

That interview was absurd. The guy is complete butt head and I'm very happy he's gone. 

I completely forgot you guys fired him and hired Shurmur.

I agree about your schedule. You guys were completely Fed by the schedule makers

Getting back a bunch of healthy players and adding/replacing some talent will help Eagles

The guy isn't even worthy of being interviewed. They must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to get some clicks, because that clown is aligned with the likes of Ray Handley and Rich Kotite

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

That interview was absurd. The guy is a complete butt head and I'm very happy he's gone. 

:roll: Stop. Just stop. You mean the team that's been to multiple playoff games, just won a SB and was even in contention with Chip Kelly for 2 seasons?

And he knew that he couldnt handle winning, so........ he didnt event try to win. 

F him

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The same could basically have been said of the 2008 Giants.

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

And he knew that he couldnt handle winning, so........ he didnt event try to win. 

F him

LOL.. nice.

13 hours ago, madriver said:

:roll: Stop. Just stop. You mean the team that's been to multiple playoff games, just won a SB and was even in contention with Chip Kelly for 2 seasons?

Big difference between being the hunter and the hunted. It’s cute that you think a playoff appearance and being in contention is the same as winning the SB. 

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yea and look what happened. Lost to a lesser, but hungrier team (although losing Plax so late in the season is the main reason we lost that game). 

It's always funny when people make these random comments like they have some special knowledge. I bet some people thought the same about New England after they won the first ring in this long run of success.

I think between the our head coach and amount of vets we have and brought in we will be fine and any trouble we might have will have nothing to do with not being able to handle success.

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yea and look what happened. Lost to a lesser, but hungrier team (although losing Plax so late in the season is the main reason we lost that game). 

Yet went on to win another Super Bowl.

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The 2008 Giants were 2 games better than their Super Bowl Champs previous version.

They then won another Super Bowl in 2011.

They handled success to a 10 out of 10.

They were still Eli up and down and they had their constant drama, but they won another Super Bowl with the same core.

I will take a copy of the 2007-2011 Giants here any day. (another Championship)