KingxEagles

Who is your favorite Rookie for 2018?

I really like Bradley Chubb. This kid will easily win defensive player of the year. 

On 7/20/2018 at 11:38 PM, GroundAttack said:

I really like Bradley Chubb. This kid will easily win defensive player of the year. 

Defensive player of the year or defensive rookie of the year? Not sure he's going to ball straight out to win defensive player of the year. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Defensive player of the year or defensive rookie of the year? Not sure he's going to ball straight out to win defensive player of the year. 

Meant defensive rookie of the year. I can see Jalen Ramsey winning defensive player of the year. 

1 hour ago, GroundAttack said:

Meant defensive rookie of the year. I can see Jalen Ramsey winning defensive player of the year. 

Yeah quite possibly bud. Ramsey is a very very special player. But there's Donald too and with Suh next to him he's going to be a force. 

On 7/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

If you don't change that signature already.

Shady, Maclin, Foles should call Tebow for advice on how to win a Playoff game.

Yikes, that's embarrassing! 

I am hoping to see Lamar Jackson leading the ravens at some point during the season.

Isaiah Oliver will play us week 1. I think he will be in contention for ROY. I am faving this guy, though: Philly D. Goedert may have a big year. Eagles are too stacked to give him enough targets to put him over the top - good problem for the team to have - and yet, he still may catch enough, YAC enough, and score enough, with enough national attention paid, he has an edge-on shot.

3 hours ago, Yigglez said:

Isaiah Oliver will play us week 1. I think he will be in contention for ROY. I am faving this guy, though: Philly D. Goedert may have a big year. Eagles are too stacked to give him enough targets to put him over the top - good problem for the team to have - and yet, he still may catch enough, YAC enough, and score enough, with enough national attention paid, he has an edge-on shot.

He has an outside chance you're right. He will get a lot of media attention as he plays for the SB Champions (man it doesn't get old) but I'm not sure he's going to "feature enough" to get RotY. I mean there will be guys who put up huge numbers for their teams because they get a lot of opportunities etc. For a rookie TE who's not going to feature prominently? Or at least we don't think he will... I dunno its tough to imagine. 

I feel Sony Michel is going to make some noise. The patriots have been good with their RBs throughout the years and that's without investing heavily in them. Michel I think brings them some talent they haven't had before, and is coming in to on of the most stable franchises coaching/performance wise.  That, and I think his skill set works well with the Brady/Belichick combo.

Although there seems to be some gripes due to us handing them a big L I wouldn't count them out for competing for a superbowl again, and if they are competing then I think he'll be more in the spot light than others at least.

Guice is one of the most overrated rookies of the last 20 years. Look at the competition he faced. You can say SEC but you'd be clueless.

His team scored 10 points against Alabama in 2 games.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/louisiana-state/2017-schedule.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/louisiana-state/2016-schedule.html

I will take Corey Clement going off on Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan in his senior year.

• 63 carries 396 yards and a TD at 6.3 per carry vs 3 legit top 10 teams.

LSU was ranked top 20 because they played in a Conference with Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn.

The teams they beat were 10-4 Auburn (down 20-0 comeback win with Guice running at 3.6 a pop) and the rest had a combined 33-50 record (and Chatanooga)

LSU in 2017 beat:

• 3-8 Chattanooga (who beat Samford, VMI, and ETSU)
  • 6-6 Ole Miss (who beat South Alabama, Tenn-Martin, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Louisiana and  Miss St)
  • 4-8 Arkansas (who beat Coastal Carolina, Florida A&M, New Mexico St, and Ole Miss)
  • 4-8 Tennessee (who beat Massachusetts, Southern Mississippi, Indiana State, and Georgia Tech)
  • 4-9 BYU (who beat Portland State, UNLV, San Jose State, and Hawaii)
  • 4-8 Syracuse (who beat Central Connecticut State, Central Michigan, Pitt, and Clemson )
    • Want to give him credit for playing a team that beat Clemson? He ran 8 times for 14 yards against the Orange.
  • 4-7 Florida (who beat Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and UAB)
  • 7-6 A&M (who beat Nicholls State, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ole Miss, Florida, Arkansas, and South Carolina)
    • Guice went 28-127 and a TD at 4.5 a pop. There is his one decent game in a win against a team that actually had a quality win.
  • 10-4 Auburn with that miracle comeback from down 20-0 (Auburn was a very good team) (again, Guice was sub standard in that game)

We are supposed to be impressed that Guice put up numbers against that slop just because he played in the fabled SEC?

Michael Sam was SEC defensive player of the year.

Tre Mason averaged 5.8 a carry in the SEC. Trent Richardson did the same.

What about Barkley?

• He went for 5.71 a carry in 3 games vs Ohio State
  • He was 5.44 per carry in 3 games vs Michigan
  • He was 4.18 per carry in 3 games against Michigan State 
  • He went off for 7.8 a carry vs USC
  • He went for 7.6 a carry on the 5th ranked Washington D.
  • He was also an elite receiving weapon.

Barkley is a stud. Guice is a nobody who has a chance to show something as a pro.

I'd rank Guice as the 5th or 6th best back in the NFC depending on Stewart's health.

That could be 7th if Thompson keeps up his ypc in the pros and stays healthy (5.2 ypc average as a pro in 170 carries)

Listen to DC fans and Guice is the next Bo Jackson.

On 8/7/2018 at 11:56 PM, skippyx said:

Guice is one of the most overrated rookies of the last 20 years. Look at the competition he faced. You can say SEC but you'd be clueless.

His team scored 10 points against Alabama in 2 games.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/louisiana-state/2017-schedule.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/louisiana-state/2016-schedule.html

I will take Corey Clement going off on Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan in his senior year.

• 63 carries 396 yards and a TD at 6.3 per carry vs 3 legit top 10 teams.

LSU was ranked top 20 because they played in a Conference with Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn.

The teams they beat were 10-4 Auburn (down 20-0 comeback win with Guice running at 3.6 a pop) and the rest had a combined 33-50 record (and Chatanooga)

LSU in 2017 beat:

• 3-8 Chattanooga (who beat Samford, VMI, and ETSU)
  • 6-6 Ole Miss (who beat South Alabama, Tenn-Martin, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Louisiana and  Miss St)
  • 4-8 Arkansas (who beat Coastal Carolina, Florida A&M, New Mexico St, and Ole Miss)
  • 4-8 Tennessee (who beat Massachusetts, Southern Mississippi, Indiana State, and Georgia Tech)
  • 4-9 BYU (who beat Portland State, UNLV, San Jose State, and Hawaii)
  • 4-8 Syracuse (who beat Central Connecticut State, Central Michigan, Pitt, and Clemson )
    • Want to give him credit for playing a team that beat Clemson? He ran 8 times for 14 yards against the Orange.
  • 4-7 Florida (who beat Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and UAB)
  • 7-6 A&M (who beat Nicholls State, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ole Miss, Florida, Arkansas, and South Carolina)
    • Guice went 28-127 and a TD at 4.5 a pop. There is his one decent game in a win against a team that actually had a quality win.
  • 10-4 Auburn with that miracle comeback from down 20-0 (Auburn was a very good team) (again, Guice was sub standard in that game)

We are supposed to be impressed that Guice put up numbers against that slop just because he played in the fabled SEC?

Michael Sam was SEC defensive player of the year.

Tre Mason averaged 5.8 a carry in the SEC. Trent Richardson did the same.

Ouch, that’s a lot of wasted breakdown lol

On 8/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, Northern Green Wings said:

I feel Sony Michel is going to make some noise. The patriots have been good with their RBs throughout the years and that's without investing heavily in them. Michel I think brings them some talent they haven't had before, and is coming in to on of the most stable franchises coaching/performance wise.  That, and I think his skill set works well with the Brady/Belichick combo.

Although there seems to be some gripes due to us handing them a big L I wouldn't count them out for competing for a superbowl again, and if they are competing then I think he'll be more in the spot light than others at least.

I like Michel too. He fell into a hell of a spot. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

DJ Moore

I don’t think he’s a bad choice. Steve Smith, who hates CAR, vouched for him. But I’d be hesitant to roll with a guy who has Cam throwing to him.

My choice is Kerryon Johnson. I think he fell into a good situation. DET needs a running talent and I think he’s that small name, big school talent that seems to hit regularly.

Of course I’m high on Goedert too.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:31 PM, nottingham14 said:

Ouch, that’s a lot of wasted breakdown lol

He will now need 11 years to get 20k rushing yards instead of 10 according to Redskins fans.