Sign in to follow this  
Happyfoosball

Saquon Barkley rookie season prediction

Since he was from Coplay, PA in Lehigh County, about a mile from my previous home, I wish him the best of luck - but not TOO much against the Eagles.

Its a shame he went to the Giants ... I think he will have a ok year ... but would of been great elsewhere. I thimk he could of really been amazing with us and our Oline  

1050 yards rushing, 600 receiving. Impact player no doubt, but not a superstar just yet. I’m equally excited to see three other Giants rookies (Hernandez, BJ Hill and Lorenzo Carter), plus the kid they got in the supplemental draft (Beal). This draft class has the potential to elevate the Giants entire roster. I’m very excited (but in a cautiously optimistic kind of way). 

New York made a good hire in Pat Shurmur.  I do think he'll figure out ways to take advantage of his talent.  Whether or not he'll excel and merit the #2 overall pick remains to be seen. 

Kid does seem to have a good head on his shoulders.  He's gone on record as saying he'll live off of his endorsement money and sock away his salary.

In today's NFL, how many running backs take a team to great heights?  It's a passing league now.

Umm... I think he's going to be a centre piece for that team and so I think he's going to get a lot of touches. Unfortunately he's a fantastic player so he'll have a positive impact I'm sure. Probably Kamara like but with more rushing yards. 

I'll go 1100 rushing yards, 450 receiving and a total of 7 TD's. 

Admittedly i'm rooting for the kid, even though he's a Giant. But I think between 1100 - 1300 yards is reasonable for him. I just don't want him to feel too much pressure and force things like Reggie Bush back in the day.

Saquon is so much more talented than Bush though and Bush was more of a scat back out of college, but many scouts weren't willing to say so. The game tape says it all for Saquon that he should translate well into the pros.

6 hours ago, Procus said:

In today's NFL, how many running backs take a team to great heights?  It's a passing league now.

Backs that can both run and catch sure do. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Low numbers bro? 

I don't have Penn State bias lol. I hate Penn State and he is on the Giants so he can fail there if he wants lol. 

His talent is off the charts so those numbers are more of what I want him to do then what I actually think he will do lol. Also Penn State running backs haven't had the best of luck in the NFL so he has that going against him too. 

13 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't have Penn State bias lol. I hate Penn State and he is on the Giants so he can fail there if he wants lol. 

His talent is off the charts so those numbers are more of what I want him to do then what I actually think he will do lol. Also Penn State running backs haven't had the best of luck in the NFL so he has that going against him too. 

No it's completely fair bud. It's harsh to say but as he's a Giant I want him to fail too. 

17 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Guice ends up having the better rookie season, and career.

I'd be absolutely shocked. Not only does Barkley have everything you want in a RB, he may be the hardest working player in the NFL on day one. He's a team guy, not a "me" guy. He may have been Penn St's best blocker last year which gives you the idea of the garbage he had blocking for him.

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well clearly you do. You're admitting to being biased against Penn State.

2 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

Well clearly you do. You're admitting to being biased against Penn State.

Lol thats what I meant

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Did they fix that Oline yet?

New starter at every position, a la the Vikings last year. Hopefully we have the same success. 

49 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

31.2 million fully guaranteed and he hasn't played a snap?

Why are you surprised? There’s been a rookie wage scale for first rounders in place since 2011. Salaries are essentially pre determined. Pay attention. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Why are you surprised? There’s been a rookie wage scale for first rounders in place since 2011. Salaries are essentially pre determined. Pay attention. 

Honestly never looked into any first round contracts. Or really any for that matter. With Howie as GM I never bothered. Saw the notification on my phone and was just surprised at the number