Procus

Dallas

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've been there, the only thing that I liked about Dallas was Six Flags.

I only liked three of the six flags, but in fairness, one of the other three was closed for repairs.

Just now, jamiller said:

I only liked three of the six flags, but in fairness, one of the other three was closed for repairs.

I've only been to the one in Dallas, though I guess I could claim to have been to the one in Maryland. It just wasn't a Six Flags back then. It was called "Wild World". I went to the one in Dallas back in 1989 and 1990, when I was posted to Fort Hood, while I was in the Army.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've only been to the one in Dallas, though I guess I could claim to have been to the one in Maryland. It just wasn't a Six Flags back then. It was called "Wild World". I went to the one in Dallas back in 1989 and 1990, when I was posted to Fort Hood, while I was in the Army.

I was just goofing. 

I believe there is a 6 flags in PA or Jersey?  Wasn't it called Great Adventure?  I have been away since 1986, so 32 years.

I have never been to another.

We used to go there after proms (the next day) back when theme parks encouraged sex, drinking and smoking pot in the parking lot.  

Good times...good times....

Just now, jamiller said:

I was just goofing. 

I believe there is a 6 flags in PA or Jersey?  Wasn't it called Great Adventure?  I have been away since 1986, so 32 years.

I have never been to another.

We used to go there after proms (the next day) back when theme parks encouraged sex, drinking and smoking pot in the parking lot.  

Good times...good times....

The main theme park that I would go to as a kid in the 70's and 80's and then even later as an adult, is Kings Dominion, just outside of Richmond, VA. Also, Busch Gardens, in Williamsburg, VA.

I think the last time I've been to a theme park though, was the weekend after 9/11. So it's been a little while lol.

15 minutes ago, jamiller said:

You need to go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.

Rollercoaster capital of the world.

19 minutes ago, nveagle5 said:

You need to go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.

Rollercoaster capital of the world.

I was just goofing on the flags.  

10 hours ago, jamiller said:

I'm not buying it.

However, there are other teams that have risen in annoyance factor to me. I will grant that the top 3 here match or exceed my Dallass sentiments.

• Patriots-yes I am fixated until they fade away.
  • Green Bay tired of hearing about them and I don't like the way they whomped on us last time.
  • Seattle-I do not like that they have beaten us BADLY over the years.  
  • New Orleans-bounced us from the playoffs
  • Pittsburgh for being in PA and winning too many SBs 
  • Atlanta for getting too close.
  • I take joy when Tampa loses/Carolina loses, AZ loses and the Raiders lose-all for obvious reasons

We always seem to beat steelers as of late, though.

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The main theme park that I would go to as a kid in the 70's and 80's and then even later as an adult, is Kings Dominion, just outside of Richmond, VA. Also, Busch Gardens, in Williamsburg, VA.

I think the last time I've been to a theme park though, was the weekend after 9/11. So it's been a little while lol.

The last for me was Disneyland with the grandkids, which was like the Bataan death march. 

But I am DONE with that.  

Unless Mickey gets traded to the Eagles or Phillies, I will never see him again.

--

I saw Joe Montana at Disneyland. I was not a D and just gave him the cool guy head nod and he responded in kind.  

--

Much less thrilling, but more engaging, I had a conversation with David Caruso (NYPD Blue) and it took everything I had not to say "you OK with that?" to him....he was going through the motions with his young daughter and very young girlfriend or wife...pleasant enough guy.  

Just now, jamiller said:

The last for me was Disneyland with the grandkids, which was like the Bataan death march. 

But I am DONE with that.  

Unless Mickey gets traded to the Eagles or Phillies, I will never see him again.

--

I saw Joe Montana at Disneyland. I was not a D and just gave him the cool guy head nod and he responded in kind.  

--

Much less thrilling, but more engaging, I had a conversation with David Caruso (NYPD Blue) and it took everything I had not to say "you OK with that?" to him....he was going through the motions with his young daughter and very young girlfriend or wife...pleasant enough guy.  

I went to Disney World in '97. I wouldn't mind going back, but I'm afraid that my back and knees would object... LOUDLY lol

4 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

We always seem to beat steelers as of late, though.

I am thinking more and more that I would like to mollywop them in the SB this year.

I was thinking BETTER that they and the patsies don't make it and both fade away and we play the jags or houston, but thumping the steelers is growing on me. I just don't want them to be relevant any more.

So for now I would rather the Jags 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I went to Disney World in '97. I wouldn't mind going back, but I'm afraid that my back and knees would object... LOUDLY lol

Me in 80.  17 at the time.  My spectacularly cool uncle took me. 

I hooked up with a 20 year old girl at the hotel for the three days we were there before heading down to Disney World.  So pretty much greatest trip of my life.  Dating up was not that common for me. 

2 hours ago, nveagle5 said:

Dallas sucks.

On the other hand, Philly Goedert could be special.

Joe Dirt.

1 hour ago, jamiller said:

Moose out front shoulda told ya'.

Guest ThaNightmare

Listen, I get why Howie would state that Dallas is "just another team" in his Doctrine. But my guess is he didn't grow up loving the Eagles like we all did. He didn't have to live through the embarrassing years where Dallas was the team of "golden boys" across the league and the Eagles just couldn't measure up.

Growing up in the 90's and constantly having to listen to the ish talking of Dallas fans in Pennsylvania of all places created a hatred that is deeper than our current GM's Doctrine and certainly won't simply fade away due to some recent success. You know when I'll stop hating Dallas? When we have more Super Bowl victories than they do and not a single Cowboys fan can ever mockingly say "How many rings do you have?" again.

Guest ThaNightmare
15 hours ago, jamiller said:

I am thinking more and more that I would like to mollywop them in the SB this year.

I was thinking BETTER that they and the patsies don't make it and both fade away and we play the jags or houston, but thumping the steelers is growing on me. I just don't want them to be relevant any more.

So for now I would rather the Jags 

Yeah, Pittsburgh is right on the border of a massive decline imo. Better to be the team that puts them out of their misery now and shut up their fans for good too. It's a shame, I really like and respect the Steelers organization. But their fans can be just as front-running and annoying as Dallas fans, at times. But when you remember most of them probably also cheer for the Penguins, it's not so surprising.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:19 PM, Procus said:

My position is that the team and city are no longer worthy of Philly's hatred.  They are way beneath us.

The hatred of Dallas started when the Cowboy teams of the 60's and 70's dominated the Eagles and other divisional opponents - often running up the score and otherwise just being obnoxious. 

Now, Dallas is just a shadow of its former self.  Ownership is a joke, the coaching is very very average, and the roster is just okay.  The Cowboys are just another team.

The Eagles, on the other hand, are now the class of the NFL.  From where I'm sitting, Dallas is simply not worth any extra attention - they are beneath us and not worthy of that.

The opposite of love is not hate - it's ambivalence.  Dallas gives me a big yawn.  BORING!!

The problem is: despite everything you mentioned, their fans still walk around talking smack as if their team is on top and all other teams are beneath them. Because of that, my feeling for them has not changed one bit. 

Hmmm, lemmie check...nope, still hate Dallas the most.  I want to stomp on them for many decades more.  They still own the all time series against us, just like all the other division rivals do.  Just like everybody in division has more rings than us.

No, this all far from over.

Most hated:

Dallas

Redskins

Giants

Seattle

Vikings

Cardinals

I have a feeling the Rams and Vikings will rise the next couple years

Edited by KellyGreen92
Added Seattle. Forgot those jabronis.

13 minutes ago, KellyGreen92 said:

Most hated:

Dallas

Redskins

Giants

Seattle

Vikings

Cardinals

I have a feeling the Rams and Vikings will rise the next couple years

Cowboys

Giants/Redskins/Patriots

That's about all the hate I got.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Cowboys

Giants/Redskins/Patriots

Im a sassy guy, I got a lot of hate to spread around.

I should say, though, compared to Dallas, none of the other teams even qualify as hatred. 

I grew up late 1980's and early 1990's. It was tough to watch the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys win Super Bowls right after each other, while the Eagles consistently placed second. I hate them all.

What puts the Cowboys over the top is the America's Team garbage; (That is BS. America's team is the team that plays in your town. Whoever buys that line is a dope.) and the loudmouths Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones... I now understand the Cowboys started falling apart when Jones kicked Johnson out, and I enjoy watching Jones consistently run the team into the ground.

Steelers fans are weird... They sit out west of the eastern seaboard but the midwest won't claim them. They think they are East Coast because they're in PA but they are not like Philly, NY, Washington, Boston... They claim fans all over the USA but nobody outside their region really cares for them.

I lost respect for the Patriots after they cheated the Super Bowl win. I am so happy the Eagles got to revenge that loss.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Cowboys

Giants/Redskins/Patriots

I have so much more hate.  I will lend you some.