Procus

Dallas

The media attention they get is annoying but that's jus how life works for them. I think the people are coming to terms w their mediocrity lol.

But whats funny is how people talk about the 3-13 giants somehow being a Superbowl contender. 

7 hours ago, MisterGreen said:

The problem is: despite everything you mentioned, their fans still walk around talking smack as if their team is on top and all other teams are beneath them. Because of that, my feeling for them has not changed one bit. 

If a Cowboys fan tries to pull '5 rings' on you, just remind them that the Eagles have 4 rings. When they say that those 'old' Championships 'don't count' because they're so old, remind them that two of their five, are more than 40 years old and the other three are more than 20 years old. Then ask them what the Cowboys have won in THIS century.

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If a Cowboys fan tries to pull '5 rings' on you, just remind them that the Eagles have 4 rings. When they say that those 'old' Championships 'don't count' because they're so old, remind them that two of their five, are more than 40 years old and the other three are more than 20 years old. Then ask them what the Cowboys have won in THIS century.

For the youngsters (heck this is even before my time) remind any DallAss dips** that our QB Norm Van Brocklin was 2nd in the league in 1960 to the one and only Johnny U....oh and in 1960 we beat some guy named Lombardi (9-1 in the playoffs) and a guy named Bart Starr, so don't tell me it doesn't count....

9 minutes ago, jamiller said:

For the youngsters (heck this is even before my time) remind any DallAss dips** that our QB Norm Van Brocklin was 2nd in the league in 1960 to the one and only Johnny U....oh and in 1960 we beat some guy named Lombardi (9-1 in the playoffs) and a guy named Bart Starr, so don't tell me it doesn't count....

For years, Cowboys, Redskins and Giants fans (and sadly, even some misguided Eagles fans) have tried to say that anything pre-Super Bowl era, doesn't count. Then I'd remind them that Super Bowl's I and II were actually 'pre-Super Bowl era' because the first game to be 'officially' called "Super Bowl" was III. They'd then say, anything 'pre-merge' doesn't count. So I'd point out that they just eliminated Super Bowl's I, II, III and IV, because the first post-merge Super Bowl was V.

I also would point out that if you eliminate all pre-1966 Championships, then why is the Lombardi Trophy named the "Lombardi Trophy"?  You can't just eliminate the Championship games while keeping all pre-1966 records/stats, so that means that Jim Brown's entire career 'doesn't count'. So I would ask them if they would dare to stand in front of Jim Brown and tell him that his entire career 'doesn't count', because it took place before the 'Super Bowl era'. Heck, if pre-1966 NFL history 'doesn't count', then the Pro-Football Hall of Fame needs to get rid of everything that is pre-1966 and any players who were inducted, need to be deducted.

Now, I can even point to the Eagles Super Bowl ring as proof that those Championships DO count, because the ring has 4 green sapphires that symbolize each of the Eagles 4 Championships.

It's such a beautiful thing, I think I'll include a picture...

eagles_super_bowl_ring_2.thumb.jpg.13973a307f6f59052690e0a6fbcb3a4f.jpg

I don't hate Dallas. I despise them. There's a difference. Like despising roaches. They never did anything to you, but by God they should be wiped off the planet.

Oh get ready for it....  The L.A Rams will be atop everyones hate list after this coming season...

Dallas on the other hand.... Meh it's hard to hate on mediocrity...

I will always hate them, but you are are correct in stating they are not worthy of our attention anymore. They are lower than worms now.

Don't Hate Dallas.

Hate: 

Cowboys Stepford fans - those outside Dallas who only come out when Cowboys have a good record (Cockroaches?)

Cowboys Mystique, ala "America's Team"

Media gushing over Cowboys: Cowboys could suit up a group of middle-aged pigmies in Cowboys uniforms and the media will refer to them as talented and crown them Division/NFC Champs.

The last of those is the most annoying.

^_^

On 8/2/2018 at 12:33 PM, NJWolverEagle11 said:

The media attention they get is annoying but that's jus how life works for them. I think the people are coming to terms w their mediocrity lol.

But whats funny is how people talk about the 3-13 giants somehow being a Superbowl contender. 

3-13 Giants gave the Super Bowl champion Eagles all they could handle last year.  That was a team that imploded after a some locker room and coaching issues combined with untimely injuries.  Pat Shurmur should be an improvement over Ben McAdoo, and for sure, Dave Gettlemen - lymphoma and all - is light years better than Jerry Reese.  Trend in NY is in a good direction if you ask me, although ultimately the QB situation needs to get worked out up there.  My biggest nightmare is if one day, Foles winds up in NY.

12 minutes ago, Procus said:

3-13 Giants gave the Super Bowl champion Eagles all they could handle last year.  That was a team that imploded after a some locker room and coaching issues combined with untimely injuries.  Pat Shurmur should be an improvement over Ben McAdoo, and for sure, Dave Gettlemen - lymphoma and all - is light years better than Jerry Reese.  Trend in NY is in a good direction if you ask me, although ultimately the QB situation needs to get worked out up there.  My biggest nightmare is if one day, Foles winds up in NY.

Trust me I dont expect 3-13 again for them but keep in mind they were what 0-3 or 0-4 before the injuries started piling up. They should be better but I think superbowl talk for them is a little over the top. 

But if that nightmare were to happen it would have to be through free agency. No way we make that trade w them.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:01 PM, greend said:

They are still considered "America's Team" so I hate them even more now than I did then, because now they deserve that title even less.

They have NEVER deserved that moniker. 

I will agree with OP slightly on part of this... them having not been relevant for 20 + years,  it's not as enjoyable as it once was when we constantly kick their ARSE.

All that said.... DALLAS SUCKS - GO EAGLES

F Dallas and F Jerry Jones.

When i started following this sport from australia i knew nothing of the game or the teams... finding the right team to capture my passion was difficult... discovering immediately that i had an irrational and profound hatred for the Dallas Cowboys helped narrow the field considerably.

I'll never not hate Dallas with the fire of 1000 suns

On 7/31/2018 at 11:44 AM, jamiller said:

I'm not buying it.

However, there are other teams that have risen in annoyance factor to me. I will grant that the top 3 here match or exceed my Dallass sentiments.

• Patriots-yes I am fixated until they fade away.
  • Green Bay tired of hearing about them and I don't like the way they whomped on us last time.
  • Seattle-I do not like that they have beaten us BADLY over the years.  
  • New Orleans-bounced us from the playoffs
  • Pittsburgh for being in PA and winning too many SBs 
  • Atlanta for getting too close.
  • I take joy when Tampa loses/Carolina loses, AZ loses and the Raiders lose-all for obvious reasons

I live in Vikings country and they are still whining about how the fans got treated in Philly. Guarantee you had they won and not got their asses handed to them nothing would of been said, or very little. Be interesting to see how many Viking fans show up in Philly for the game this season. 

20 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

I live in Vikings country and they are still whining about how the fans got treated in Philly. Guarantee you had they won and not got their asses handed to them nothing would of been said, or very little. Be interesting to see how many Viking fans show up in Philly for the game this season. 

Very few I am sure.  

I rate my opponent hatred like this:

1. New England
  2. Dallas
  3. New York Giants
  4. Washington
  5. Pittsburgh
  6. Everyone Else

47 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Very few I am sure.  

If this thread was about the Vikings I would agree with it more than it being about the Cowboys.  The Vikings were such a complete joke in the playoffs they created a total one way rivalry.  Philly fans barely acknowledge their existence much less hate them.

7 hours ago, Aussie_Nick said:

F Dallas and F Jerry Jones.

When i started following this sport from australia i knew nothing of the game or the teams... finding the right team to capture my passion was difficult... discovering immediately that i had an irrational and profound hatred for the Dallas Cowboys helped narrow the field considerably.

I'll never not hate Dallas with the fire of 1000 suns

This is serious.  Not 892 suns but 1000.  This is a lot of fire.  

15 hours ago, Procus said:

I don't think we send Nick somewhere to compete directly with the Eagles.  I just don't see it.

I agree the Giants will be better this year.  Eli in practice has not looked great though.  Actually, none of the QBs has from what I read. FWIW...  

Funny because I’m a life long Cowboys game and I don’t really hate any other teams. Being a life long Cowboys fan is something that any other fan can can’t understand. Your part of something that has an amazing history. They have fans all over the world.  It’s more then just a brotherhood. 

Go ahead and trash me and I don’t care because you can not possibly understand. 

Sometimes it hurts so bad when your team looses and your right we have lost way to much for way to long. 

Congrats to Philly and all the loyal fans for a great season. You may have an elite QB and coach on your hands and that is a great thing to have. I’m out. 

3 hours ago, gch said:

Funny because I’m a life long Cowboys game ...

Two questions...

1.) How are you a 'life long Cowboys game'?
2.) How long is 'life long' for you?

Also, it's ok to 'hate' another team. Rivalries are fun.

44 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Two questions...

1.) How are you a 'life long Cowboys game'?
2.) How long is 'life long' for you?

Also, it's ok to 'hate' another team. Rivalries are fun.

4 hours ago, gch said:

Funny because I’m a life long Cowboys game and I don’t really hate any other teams. Being a life long Cowboys fan is something that any other fan can can’t understand. Your part of something that has an amazing history. They have fans all over the world.  It’s more then just a brotherhood. 

Go ahead and trash me and I don’t care because you can not possibly understand. 

Sometimes it hurts so bad when your team looses and your right we have lost way to much for way to long. 

Congrats to Philly and all the loyal fans for a great season. You may have an elite QB and coach on your hands and that is a great thing to have. I’m out. 

Amazing history-meh expansion team 41 years after inception.  Not THAT impressed but they did have an exceptional run in the 70s and a great one in the 90s.    

You have been a fan since when?  Chance to impress here.... 

You are not being a typical Dallass fan by being gracious and acknowledging Wentz and DP, so I will say thank you.  

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, Baynit said:

Oh get ready for it....  The L.A Rams will be atop everyones hate list after this coming season...

Dallas on the other hand.... Meh it's hard to hate on mediocrity...

the eagles won the friggin SB, so can't really say anything...but when you call a Dallas team mediocre, it's worth noting that up until this past season, over the last 10 years philly and Dallas had almost identical records, division titles and playoff wins were even too...so if Dallas was mediocre over the last decade, so was philly.

so philly won the SB, so by that logic they are way better and above everyone, except maybe the Pats.....so you guys shouldn't worry or hate anyone, except the Pats

it's a year to year league for the most part...maybe Doug is the next Bill Bellicheck and the Eagles are about to go on a run of dominance....it could happen, but in this day's NFL...they are more likely to be the Ravens....a playoff win here or there, some good seasons, some bad....outside of the Pats and maybe Seahawks, that's the way it is for everybody.

the key will be Wentz, if he continues to progress, he could turn them into the Packers or maybe the Pats

16 hours ago, jamiller said:

Amazing history-meh expansion team 41 years after inception.  Not THAT impressed but they did have an exceptional run in the 70s and a great one in the 90s.    

You have been a fan since when?  Chance to impress here.... 

You are not being a typical Dallass fan by being gracious and acknowledging Wentz and DP, so I will say thank you.  

I’ve been a fan for 51 years. Sorry for the typo.