Procus

Dallas

2 hours ago, gch said:

I’ve been a fan for 51 years. Sorry for the typo. 

I respect that.    

22 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Dak Prescott hasn't thrown a TD pass in camp.

Dallas did the opposite of what the Eagles did. The Eagles added proven skill players to help Wentz. Dallas added question marks. Instead of helping Dak, they made it harder on him other than Zeke returning.  Zeke is going to see a loaded box all the time and teams will dare Dak to throw it.  They will also miss having Irving at DE who will be suspended for a few games. I don't think they win more than 6 games.  Hey, but Dallas is practicing yoga in camp, so they at least have that.

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Dallas did the opposite of what the Eagles did. The Eagles added proven skill players to help Wentz. Dallas added question marks. Instead of helping Dak, they made it harder on him other than Zeke returning.  Zeke is going to see a loaded box all the time and teams will dare Dak to throw it.  They will also miss having Irving at DE who will be suspended for a few games. I don't think they win more than 6 games.  Hey, but Dallas is practicing yoga in camp, so they at least have that.

It seams like either Garrett is being setup for failure or he thinks they can win with the WR’s they have in camp. Dak can make plays and win games he has shown that as long as his OL is healthy or the depth is better then last year. If they don’t make the playoffs then it time to fire Garrettand his staff. Last year Eagle fans didn’t think they would win it all so you never know. 

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Dak Prescott hasn't thrown a TD pass in camp.

I just saw that on NFLN. That seems strange. NFLN didn't go into it. Has he tried or is he just getting intercepted all the time?

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I just saw that on NFLN. That seems strange. NFLN didn't go into it. Has he tried or is he just getting intercepted all the time?

It was mentioned that their offense is struggling in 11 on 11 drills.

17 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

It was mentioned that their offense is struggling in 11 on 11 drills.

It's pretty early to be in panic mode, but it's also noteworthy that Dallas has absolutely nothing on their depth chart past Dak, too.  If Dak is ineffective, you've got an undrafted developmental type guy (Cooper Rush) at #2 on their depth chart.  

45 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

It's pretty early to be in panic mode, but it's also noteworthy that Dallas has absolutely nothing on their depth chart past Dak, too.  If Dak is ineffective, you've got an undrafted developmental type guy (Cooper Rush) at #2 on their depth chart.  

Agreed, pre-season predictions are usually about taking the starting roster at face value but that's obviously not reality once the season starts progressing.  The Cowboy's OL is still dominant and they did a solid job of bolstering their depth at that group, which along with Zeke's suspension, proved to be their downfall last year.

But the lack of surrounding offensive depth is troubling, a decently significant injury to either Dak or Zeke would pretty much sink their chances immediately.  The impact from Witten's retirement can't possibly be overstated; He may not have been producing at a prolific level towards the end but he was a clutch, stabilizing force that the Cowboys could sorely use right now  

On 8/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Stephen1 said:

the eagles won the friggin SB, so can't really say anything...but when you call a Dallas team mediocre, it's worth noting that up until this past season, over the last 10 years philly and Dallas had almost identical records, division titles and playoff wins were even too...so if Dallas was mediocre over the last decade, so was philly.

so philly won the SB, so by that logic they are way better and above everyone, except maybe the Pats.....so you guys shouldn't worry or hate anyone, except the Pats

it's a year to year league for the most part...maybe Doug is the next Bill Bellicheck and the Eagles are about to go on a run of dominance....it could happen, but in this day's NFL...they are more likely to be the Ravens....a playoff win here or there, some good seasons, some bad....outside of the Pats and maybe Seahawks, that's the way it is for everybody.

the key will be Wentz, if he continues to progress, he could turn them into the Packers or maybe the Pats

Your totally missing the point.  My post had nothing, nada, not a thing to do, with the future success of the Eagles or what the Eagles have done over the past decade.  We may be on the verge of a dynasty or we me be one and done.  Thats beside the point...    

As for the Dallas part of my comment.... It's more like you guys just don't have it anymore.  You guys are nothing close to the team that drew my hatred during the early 90's.  In other words there's just nothing left to dislike....

The point of my post was rather that the Rams are about to embark on Seattle like treatment from the NFL.  Anyone who's watched football over say the last 5-6 seasons and can't see how the NFL has done everything humanly possible to keep Seattle on top is completely blind...  The Rams are receiving "legion of boom" style hype from the NFL.   Just watch all the favorable officiating the Rams will receive this season also... Marcus Peters and Aquib Talib will be holding jersey's and arm tugging  all season long.  Anytime Goff gets looked at wrong the refs will throw flags on the defense.....

A few years ago Seattle was listed among the top growing areas in the US.  L.A. is a city of what?  20 million?   The NFL needed the rapidly growing Seattle market.  Just like the NFL is desperate to win over the L.A. market that's sh!t all over any NFL team that's been there the last 40 years. Oh and the fact that Stan Kroenke makes most NFL owners look like food stamp participants probably has a teensy bit to do with it as well.  

The Pats that's just a different story....Everyone hates the Pats because they win..  So I figured it wasn't necessary to mention.  

On 8/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Stephen1 said:

the eagles won the friggin SB, so can't really say anything...but when you call a Dallas team mediocre, it's worth noting that up until this past season, over the last 10 years philly and Dallas had almost identical records, division titles and playoff wins were even too...so if Dallas was mediocre over the last decade, so was philly.

so philly won the SB, so by that logic they are way better and above everyone, except maybe the Pats.....so you guys shouldn't worry or hate anyone, except the Pats

it's a year to year league for the most part...maybe Doug is the next Bill Bellicheck and the Eagles are about to go on a run of dominance....it could happen, but in this day's NFL...they are more likely to be the Ravens....a playoff win here or there, some good seasons, some bad....outside of the Pats and maybe Seahawks, that's the way it is for everybody.

the key will be Wentz, if he continues to progress, he could turn them into the Packers or maybe the Pats

Cowboys have not even been close to the Eagles in 2k ERA of football . Eagles have seen 2 SBs  6 NFCCGs been to the Playoffs  11 out of 18 seasons . Dallas only 6 times out of 18  with a measly 2 wildcard wins and Ls when the games matter.  The only team Dalls has been close to is the Redskins .... Giants have been more on par with Eagles with 3 SBs appearances 

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

9CFDC4F2-BAAD-4BBB-83AD-75061F3584CB.jpeg

Are you ok? Why would you make a comment like that. You have never been to Texas I take it. We don’t act kindly to comments like this. 

44 minutes ago, gch said:

Are you ok? Why would you make a comment like that. You have never been to Texas I take it. We don’t act kindly to comments like this. 

Shut your pie hole gheyboy

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, gch said:

I’ve been a fan for 51 years.

It's brave of you to admit that in public, but you do know that they have a shot for that now, right?

9 hours ago, gch said:

FB_IMG_1533722896535.jpg

12 hours ago, gch said:

people usually dont like to hear the truth :D   everyone knows there is only two things that come from Texas . Dak and Zeke proved that with their sex toys 

On 8/8/2018 at 8:03 AM, NE.Jon said:

people usually dont like to hear the truth :D   everyone knows there is only two things that come from Texas . Dak and Zeke proved that with their sex toys 

Oh yea your funny, you should come for a visit. Most east coast people think all we have is tumble weeds and cattle. My wife and I were traveling in Virginia and the timing belt broke. We walked for 5 miles to closest gas station. About 100 Cars drive by and not one stopped to see if we needed help. That would not happen in Texas. You can’t understand so I won’t waist my time arguing with you. 

Have a great day!

21 minutes ago, gch said:

Oh yea your funny, you should come for a visit. Most east coast people think all we have is tumble weeds and cattle. My wife and I were traveling in Virginia and the timing belt broke. We walked for 5 miles to closest gas station. About 100 Cars drive by and not one stopped to see if we needed help. That would not happen in Texas. You can’t understand so I won’t waist my time arguing with you. 

Have a great day!

Ive been all over the world and the Country  , served with Men and Women from every podunk town in the US. Only the insecure with little women screaming to come out get offended by that one . Its usually a good tell tell of who is who  

3 hours ago, gch said:

Have a great day!

They probably saw the Cowboys bumper sticker on your car.

3 hours ago, gch said:

Have a great day!

1.) Why are you traveling far from home without a cell phone?
2.) Why are you traveling far from home without AAA?
3.) Exactly where in Virginia?

I lived in Texas for a few years. I would not want to live there again... and yes, that does happen in Texas because it happened to me... and before you ask questions 1 through 3 above, I'll answer them for you:

1.) It was in the late 1980's
2.) I was 20, didn't own a car and was driving my buddy's car (he was drunk)
3.) Harker Heights

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

1.) Why are you traveling far from home without a cell phone?
2.) Why are you traveling far from home without AAA?
3.) Exactly where in Virginia?

I lived in Texas for a few years. I would not want to live there again... and yes, that does happen in Texas because it happened to me... and before you ask questions 1 through 3 above, I'll answer them for you:

1.) It was in the late 1980's
2.) I was 20, didn't own a car and was driving my buddy's car (he was drunk)
3.) Harker Heights

It wasn’t my car we were with another couple driving from Radford to Dale City. It was in the early 90 with no cell phones or coverage at that time. Yes there are areas around Texas that are remote and unfriendly I’m sure. Texas isn’t for everyone. 

9 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Ive been all over the world and the Country  , served with Men and Women from every podunk town in the US. Only the insecure with little women screaming to come out get offended by that one . Its usually a good tell tell of who is who  

Oh you thought I was offended? No I just thought I’d was a stupid comment. And since you have traveled all over the world serving others I’m even more surprised by that comment. 

That being said thank you for your service. 

I know fans post these comments because of a hatered for other teams. I use to be that way but through the years I have learned that it’s only a game. 

27 minutes ago, gch said:

It wasn’t my car we were with another couple driving from Radford to Dale City. It was in the early 90 with no cell phones or coverage at that time. Yes there are areas around Texas that are remote and unfriendly I’m sure. Texas isn’t for everyone. 

"Remote"? lol. No, Fort Hood/Killeen/Harker Heights are not 'remote'. Actually, after looking at a map, I think it was in Killeen and not Harker Heights. But one could be the other and you'd never know.

All states and cities have places that are nice, and friendly and all states and cities have places that aren't and even that isn't fair to say. Just because you're walking someplace doesn't mean that I should stop and ask you if you want to be walking.

Texas is a big state, one that I wasn't all that impressed with. I got to Killeen (of course), Austin, Waco, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston... oh and Lometa  So I far from saw 'a lot' of Texas.

Lometa, while TINY in the extreme, was nice. I think their population was about 800, if that. Dallas was like any other big city. Not much to like about it, though Six Flags was fun. Same with Austin and Waco, from what I remember. San Antonio seemed to have potential, the river walk looked cool, but I was disappointed with the Alamo. It was like going to the middle of D.C. and there's the Alamo. Not at all what I was expecting. Houston, like Dallas, just a big city.

There's nothing particularly 'special' about Texas, unless you're from Texas and then the only thing special is in your own minds.

All of that said, you mention 'remote' areas... Radford is where you broke down? Do you consider that to be 'remote'?

Radford.JPG.b7da640afa5435c0bda6137396b3e3ea.JPG

On 8/5/2018 at 7:46 PM, mike030270 said:

You all either misunderstood or the NFLN botched it. Jason Garrett runs a situations drills...like "ok..it’s 3rd and goal from the 10....” 1 second left of the clock...and in those situational drills he had not thrown a TD. Read any practice report and you would see he’s thrown a lot of TD’s.

that said, he has never been or never will be an elite passer. He’s very much like Mcnabb was, he has stretches where he’s inaccurate...

as someone else said, he also doesn’t have much help at wr, nobody that can get separation 

7 hours ago, gch said:

Oh you thought I was offended? No I just thought I’d was a stupid comment. And since you have traveled all over the world serving others I’m even more surprised by that comment. 

That being said thank you for your service. 

I know fans post these comments because of a hatered for other teams. I use to be that way but through the years I have learned that it’s only a game. 

Sorry I didnt realize you were a Millenial ....  grown men like to tease each other  , hell even fist fight .  Then have beers later and go on with crap.  Taking jabs and rival teams fans is what people do ..... BTW you think you know small living ?  Try Wellsboro Pa . My Family's farms main road just upgraded from dirt to gravel.  Being a human being and stopping for someone has nothing to do with  where you live.  But when in a big city a-holes tend to outweigh the non